+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FIFA 21 PS4

FIFA 21 PS4

I really can't get on with it.

They've stopped the replays on seasons so you can't enjoy seeing a good goal or tackle etc.

They've also put in this player lock which makes gameplay clumsy.

Another big negative is Derek Rae as lead commentator. His voice irritates me.

Re: FIFA 21 PS4

I usually get quite into ultimate team and then casually a bit of head to head seasons when ultimate team gets a bit too sweaty.

Not played very much so far this year though and find myself bothering less each time.

I had a look at player lock early on but just couldn't be bothered to use it and can't say it's effected me negatively, I'm sure if you put a lot of time into it, it could be beneficial but it didn't really interest me.

It's a bit like timed finishing in 20, pretty useless unless using it outside the box, inside it wasn't worth the risk of messing it up. In 19 though it was overpowered and worth learning.

I'll start to play it a bit more now I've finally got through the last of us 2 and had a little look at cyberpunk, which needs a lot of updates.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I really can't get on with it.

They've stopped the replays on seasons so you can't enjoy seeing a good goal or tackle etc.

They've also put in this player lock which makes gameplay clumsy.

Another big negative is Derek Rae as lead commentator. His voice irritates me.
    Getting rid of replays is a great idea, takes away the rage inducing passive aggressive watching of them back on FUT. I like this one a lot more than 20 personally

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Getting rid of replays is a great idea, takes away the rage inducing passive aggressive watching of them back on FUT. I like this one a lot more than 20 personally
    I read or heard that they hadn't changes any actual game play from 20. Is that true?

Never got into FUT or the stories, just enjoyed a few seasons with cardiff, then start again.

A bit off topic to the thread but I am upgrading from Xbox 360 to PS5 so would Fifa have improved from like Fifa 15?

Of course it's changed but doesn't make it any more fun

My favourites are some of the old ones! PES 1, FIFA 96, Adidas Pro Soccer

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    A bit off topic to the thread but I am upgrading from Xbox 360 to PS5 so would Fifa have improved from like Fifa 15?
    playing it on ps5, buy fifa every year so i'm not that bad at it compared to most games, BUT i can't defend. Kind of gave up trying to learn and decided i'll just have to out-score the other team all the time. At the minute im 23 games into a career with cardiff and i'm ten points clear but my goals against is the worst in the league by a stretch
    apart from me being rubbish at defending my other bug-bear with the game is the post-match interviews....they dip in and out of actually making sense

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    playing it on ps5, buy fifa every year so i'm not that bad at it compared to most games, BUT i can't defend. Kind of gave up trying to learn and decided i'll just have to out-score the other team all the time. At the minute im 23 games into a career with cardiff and i'm ten points clear but my goals against is the worst in the league by a stretch
    apart from me being rubbish at defending my other bug-bear with the game is the post-match interviews....they dip in and out of actually making sense
    oh and also why do the Managers need to be so touchy about when i've offered too low for a player, no need to storm off just talk it through... it's like trying to negotiate with the mrs

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I read or heard that they hadn't changes any actual game play from 20. Is that true?

Never got into FUT or the stories, just enjoyed a few seasons with cardiff, then start again.
    i think this happened last year with the switch version. But for playstation it is definitely different.