+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Its Mick McCarthy...

Heisenberg

Re: Its Mick McCarthy...

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Well said. Some people on here need to get over themselves. Small minded people who have nothing better to do than criticise anything the club does. People who wouldn't be happy at anything less than the appointment of someone like Pochettino although god help him if we actually lost a game while he was in charge. My suggestion ? - if you are all actually that upset by it all, stop ‘supporting’ the club and don't go to games - you wont be missed.
    Imagine wanting the club you support to show some ambition and do well... shocking premise, isn't it?

Out of interest, do you support Cardiff City FC or the Cardiff City Board of Directors? They're not mutually exclusive... yet you daren't criticise any decisions that the businessmen in charge of the club make lest you not be a proper supporter of the club. Makes no sense.

Why couldn't we have just gone with Paul Cook? It seems that would have been an easy hire, and I think it would be a much more popular and prudent choice than McCarthy. Probably less expensive too. Paul Cook is on the way up. McCarthy is in decline. This is another Warnockesque quick-fix. Exactly what we don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    😥
    Hardly inspirational or progressive but still not as completely underwhelming as Harris' appointment.

Definitely an opportunity missed and an indicator of the current status of the club.

But at least the club did the right thing in making the change and McCarthy is clearly a decent bloke, and far more likely to succeed than Harris.

I can't see the appointment sparking a rush on season ticket sales though.

Anyway, good luck Mick, as always. Please make the football just a little bit interesting.

better punt than Pulis or even Sparky ??[/QUOTE]

Ab-so-f*cking-lutely. Jeez the thought of either of those two at the club sends shivers down my spine

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Imagine wanting the club you support to show some ambition and do well... shocking premise, isn't it?

Out of interest, do you support Cardiff City FC or the Cardiff City Board of Directors? They're not mutually exclusive... yet you daren't criticise any decisions that the businessmen in charge of the club make lest you not be a proper supporter of the club. Makes no sense.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why couldn't we have just gone with Paul Cook? It seems that would have been an easy hire, and I think it would be a much more popular and prudent choice than McCarthy. Probably less expensive too. Paul Cook is on the way up. McCarthy is in decline. This is another Warnockesque quick-fix. Exactly what we don't need.
    I don't mind Mick on a short term deal tbf. Steady the ship and bring in someone else in the summer sounds fairly sensible

I want us to be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't mind Mick on a short term deal tbf. Steady the ship and bring in someone else in the summer sounds fairly sensible
    Mick to see us home seems sensible. I hope it gives the club can use the time wisely.

Tan OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    I want us to be relegated.
    Btec Blue Lewj

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Btec Blue Lewj
    **** CCFC and especially **** whoever suggested and/or hired MM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    From the BBC:

"It is understood Cardiff have received several applications for the manager's post following Harris' exit"

I wonder if we'll ever find out who applied.
    Terry Venables
    David O'Leary
    Gerry Francis (former player so appeals to the fans)
    Bora Militunovic
    Guy Roux
    Colin Murphy
    Craig Bellamy

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Terry Venables
    David O'Leary
    Bora Militunovic
    Guy Roux
    Colin Murphy
    Craig Bellamy
    I think you missed Alan Curbishley.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Terry Venables
    David O'Leary
    Bora Militunovic
    Guy Roux
    Colin Murphy
    Craig Bellamy
    Mike Bassett

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nothing wrong with this CV :

Cardiff have turned to the vastly experienced McCarthy, who has won promotion to the Premier League with Sunderland and Wolves over the course of a managerial career dating back to 1992.

He has also had two stints in charge of the Republic of Ireland and managed Ipswich between 2012 and 2018.

His Ipswich sides were half decent .

better punt than Pulis or even Sparky ??
    It's not how impressive their cvs are and their experience etc. It's just the way we just think a new manager is really going to change anything, football has moved on and is moving on at a pace we can't seem to keep up with.
    When Southampton or Leipzig lose their managers to bugger clubs there is something there in place, they have an actual identity and way of playing so there's no massive overhaul, dare I say it even Swansea can lose a manager and not a lot changes, they play on the same.

What do we do when we've been around all the old "jobs for the boys" managers and all the new managers coming through won't touch us with a bargepole because there's no youth team here and we are just buying players the wrong side of 30 with a team that needs ripping up and starting again?

Let's stop going through managers that aren't really going to take us anywhere, at best we might go up or challenge for promotion but we'll never stay up and the cycle continues.

I've finally cracked with Tan and his band of merry ****ing idiots. He's got to go because nothing really changes, there's no plan or idea it's just "oh let's swap managers again and hope that works" which in this day and age is truly pathetic.

He won't last 6 games never mind 6 months. What a monumental waste of ****ing time.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It's not how impressive their cvs are and their experience etc. It's just the way we just think a new manager is really going to change anything, football has moved on and is moving on at a pace we can't seem to keep up with.
    When Southampton or Leipzig lose their managers to bugger clubs there is something there in place, they have an actual identity and way of playing so there's no massive overhaul, dare I say it even Swansea can lose a manager and not a lot changes, they play on the same.

What do we do when we've been around all the old "jobs for the boys" managers and all the new managers coming through won't touch us with a bargepole because there's no youth team here and we are just buying players the wrong side of 30 with a team that needs ripping up and starting again?

Let's stop going through managers that aren't really going to take us anywhere, at best we might go up or challenge for promotion but we'll never stay up and the cycle continues.

I've finally cracked with Tan and his band of merry ****ing idiots. He's got to go because nothing really changes, there's no plan or idea it's just "oh let's swap managers again and hope that works" which in this day and age is truly pathetic.
    Have to agree with pretty much all of this. We are so reactive as a football club its unbelievable.

Tan is no mug, you dont become as wealthy as him without being shrewd. He is costing himself so much money by not putting a proper structure in place.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Maybe you need to Google what being a supporter means. You're not in charge of the recruitment, you never will be.

Judge him on what he does here and not his past.
    It's OK to be a supporter and still not be happy though.

It's not about MM or whoever else's they may have got, it's about the short sightedness of the club and the mess it's in, just going round in circles...had slade in to steady the ship, got warnock, had Harris to steady the ship and ended up back at square one so need MM to steady the ship that wasn't steadied, and he'll either keep his job or we get another unfashionable manager. THAT is the issue for me. We aren't going anywhere.
    MM like Harris is probably a lovely guy, I don't want a lovely guy I want a football club with ambition that's actually ****ing TRYING to go somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Have to agree with pretty much all of this. We are so reactive as a football club its unbelievable.

Tan is no mug, you dont become as wealthy as him without being shrewd. He is costing himself so much money by not putting a proper structure in place.
    It beggars belief. He's obviously no mug, but he's inexperienced when it comes to football do I can't understand for the life of me why he doesn't have someone with a football brain running things.

Even the best leaders aren't scared to delegate.

Going round in circles now.

Not sure if a lot of the toddler style tantrums on here are sarcasm or not, but I feel McCarthy is a steady pair of hands, even if it's just short term.

He likes us too. He'll genuinely want to do a good job, and therefore has my backing.

Welcome Mick, get the boys energised.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Not sure if a lot of the toddler style tantrums on here are sarcasm or not, but I feel McCarthy is a steady pair of hands, even if it's just short term.

He likes us too. He'll genuinely want to do a good job, and therefore has my backing.

Welcome Mick, get the boys energised.
    He has your backing because he 'likes' us?

Is that the only part you read?

I feel he is a steady pair of hands, and he seems to like us.

No pun intended but the wolves are rabid today.

'This is 'Mick's' kind of club'

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    If it’s true, then:

1. Jesus wept
    2. It endorses Bellamy’s comments about the club not being willing to give someone time to embed a philosophy.

It smacks of the same short term view that led to Warnock.

Not exactly progressive, is it.

Just give us a Director of Football!
    Agree that It was a great opportunity to sack Dalman and bring in a Director of Football to report directly to Mr Tan and Oversea Recruitment and the Academy etc with a Head Coach to manage the first team, tactics etc. Mark Hughes and Bellamy would be my choices! We are just going backwards appointing Mick McCarthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Agree that It was a great opportunity to sack Dalman and bring in a Director of Football to report directly to Mr Tan and Oversea Recruitment and the Academy etc with a Head Coach to manage the first team, tactics etc. Mark Hughes and Bellamy would be my choices! We are just going backwards appointing Mick McCarthy!
    Wouldn't we have been going backwards appointing pulis as well ;)