+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Its Mick McCarthy...

Re: Its Mick McCarthy...

Predictions on where we will finish this season with Mick in charge?

I've come to a conclusion though.

Vincent Tan is a long ball man. Probably supported the crazy gang in their pomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    slightly less underwhelming than Harris appointment
    I don't think so. At least there was a possibility that Harris could kick on with us. It didn't happen, but we know exactly what we're getting with McCarthy.

Yet again, the pathetic lack of imagination or ambition from those in charge is exposed by this appointment.

Tan needs to sell up. The entire set up needs to go. The state of this football club, jesus wept.

Would you take/would this work..

Mick til end of season, Bellamy his assistant, Bellamy takes over in the summer, Mick gets a big pay off or a upstairs role at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    Yet again, the pathetic lack of imagination or ambition from those in charge is exposed by this appointment.
    This.

I think 12-18 months down the line we will be saying much the same.

Those at the top are just playing at running a football club. It screams of a lack of knowledge and very little planning. This is what we can see too, what gaffs happen behind the scenes.

TAN OUT

Are any of us surprised?

It is underwhelming but we cling to the hope that this is some sort of temporary solution to see Cardiff to the summer, hopefully avoid relegation and look to appoint a new manager with long term ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post

Mick til end of season, Bellamy his assistant, Bellamy takes over in the summer, Mick gets a big pay off or a upstairs role at the club.
    I would take it but don't for one second think that the board have that intention.

If Tan wasn't making signings it would be almost as if he was doing it to pi$$ off the fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post

That would be sensible, so its not gonna happen

Im stunned.

Theres obviouly no attempt to get Eddie Howe or try to get Poch when he was available
    We reached the FA Cup final a few years ago loads of top managers would be queing up we may even have tempted Klopp.

Only Cardiff City could be so ...

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We're going to know a lot more about the club's future plans from:

- MM first couple of interviews
    - what the board says when announcing him
    - what happens in the summer: whether MM stays on and what new players are brought in
    - (if he stays on, how things progress next year)

No need to judge just on the name being announced.
    And here is main Walesonline journalist saying length of contract not yet agreed:

Full story here. Cardiff City are set to appoint Mick McCarthy as their new manager.
    Whether that is just until the end of the season or longer is still being decided, I am led to believe - https://twitter.com/GlenWilliams12/s...70007176278016
    Can we maybe let them explain their thoughts first? Especially those who felt MM might be a good caretaker until end of the year.

well with any luck we won't be allowed back in the ground this season anyway

Solid manager , good at booking the right hotels , nice smile , punches the air with great emotion , huge international experiences ,might get some of his old boy Irish lads in , hates Roy Keene , whats not to like

I'll bet Warnock was consulted and he suggested ol' Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    I'll bet Warnock was consulted and he suggested ol' Mick.
    They're big mates.

I'm positive about this.He will know alot of the players and among other things is a big fan of Kiefer Moore.From the same school as Warnock at least he won't try and bullshit fans with cliched politically correct talk.Also many on here wanted strong leadership and not a yes man.On that he fits the bill perfectly and will also see this as a big opportunity for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I'm positive about this.He will know alot of the players and among other things is a big fan of Kiefer Moore.From the same school as Warnock at least he won't try and bullshit fans with cliched politically correct talk.Also many on here wanted strong leadership and not a yes man.On that he fits the bill perfectly and will also see this as a big opportunity for himself.
    I didn't want him, but he's got my backing. Good luck Mick.

I've been writing my message and deleting it over and over....really don't know what to say.

I dunno, lets just see what happens I guess. All we can do.

One thing though, why sign 2 players within 48hrs then sack the manager a day later? Surely the board were having doubts and having meetings about Harris prior to QPR so why sanction 2 transfers. You don't sack someone just like that so must have been brewing.
    Has Mcarthy been lined up in the background with knowledge about the signings prior maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im stunned.

Theres obviouly no attempt to get Eddie Howe or try to get Poch when he was available
    We reached the FA Cup final a few years ago loads of top managers would be queing up we may even have tempted Klopp.
    Howe was approached some time ago turned us down allegedly ( ssssh insider info )

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Hope you’re all excited for the progressive football we hounded out Harris for

Grass isn’t always greener
    I really don’t understand your comments or any others bleating about the Harris dismissal. He was on a pathetic run and the club was in free fall. All this “be careful what you wish for” seems to blame the fans for wanting a change and the fact that we end up with another useless appointment.
    This is 100% down to a totally incompetent board with zero football knowledge.
    As a fan of the past 60 years I am seriously considering not going down when we eventually start.
    The Cardiff City board do not deserve the support.

Not my choice but i'll give him my support the same as any new manager. I'll judge him at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I didn't want him, but he's got my backing. Good luck Mick.
    Best post of teh lot this one , true bluebird , get into Mick , he doesn't take any prisoners . I used to hate playing his sides if that helps smooth this through