+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Its Mick McCarthy...

Re: Its Mick McCarthy...

.....that's me signing off till next season..........Half season pass for County's iFollow it is......

Pathetic appointment. I stopped going to games because the football was dross. This isn't an appointment who would bring me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Is there anyone the club could hire where some posters wouldn't say "give him a chance for f**k's sake".

BBC Breaking: 'Cardiff City Hire Hitler's Ghost to Replace Neil Harris'

CCMB: "Bunch of moaners on here, give him a chance for f**k's sake".
    We may have had a chance of getting into Europe with Hitlers ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    This

Hopefully its just until the end of the season
    But if he does well there'll be a longer deal waiting for him...

Is there anyone the club could hire where some posters wouldn't say "give him a chance for f**k's sake".

Maybe you need to Google what being a supporter means. You're not in charge of the recruitment, you never will be.

Judge him on what he does here and not his past.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Not my choice but i'll give him my support the same as any new manager. I'll judge him at the end of the season
    What gives you the right not to be hysterical?

This is about as bad an appointment as it gets.

As the season has gone on, with not being able to attend, the interest has just dropped. I didn't really follow the game against QPR, just shrugged when i saw the result afterwards

That last drop of enthusiasm has now drained away.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Maybe you need to Google what being a supporter means. You're not in charge of the recruitment, you never will be.

I dont have to mindlessly praise the club to support them. Everything the club have done since our promotion in 17/18 has shown how poorly we are run. MM doesn't take the blame for that but we can certainly be dismayed at the club's actions.

The club has no foresight whatsoever

Heisenberg

Strange take on it. I think we may wish to judge Hitler's Ghost on his past tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    I'll bet Warnock was consulted and he suggested ol' Mick.
    This was my first thought.

From the BBC:

"It is understood Cardiff have received several applications for the manager's post following Harris' exit"

I wonder if we'll ever find out who applied.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    From the BBC:

"It is understood Cardiff have received several applications for the manager's post following Harris' exit"

I wonder if we'll ever find out who applied.
    If there were any applications from the spectres of dictators, I hope we at least considered interviewing them FFS!

Give it a couple of weeks before we get the first "He's just a Home Bargains Neil Warnock" post I suppose.

If there were any applications from the spectres of dictators, I hope we at least considered interviewing them FFS!
    Feels like we could well be dealing with Warnock the dictator's spectre here.

I thought maybe some people would by now have picked up on the difference between a solid experienced professional manager like Sir Niel and a man lke NH with good ideas and ambition.
    It's been a hard road to where we are and this back sliding MUST be stopped before it becomes irreversible. That's the priority now and that's why we need someone like MM.
    That's realism. I'd love to see a flash monkey manager playing artistic football but after giving NH his head we've lost a lot of ground and if we're not careful we could soon be having our local derby's with Newport County.

We can't even afford 3 or 4 games to pass without anyone in charge, so that's why we need a PROFESSIONAL now.

Not quite as stark as it seems though. MM has got some great players and rescources at his disposal here which have been wasted
    ( with respect ) under NH. It's very likely that he can almost immediately use them to get results rather than near misses.

Our players are as good as any team in the championship and if they're given a clear idea of what they're trying to do then that might be the missing ingredient. If we resist the fanciful ideas of what some inspiring figure like Craig B MIGHT do, this would be a sensible appointment.

It is what it is

Eddie Howe would have been great , Bellamy who knows

What we don't want to be doing is following Leeds , Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday into league one

They are big clubs are were always and will always claw their way back

If we go into free fall playing boring route one football will be the least of our worries

Up the City

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I thought maybe some people would by now have picked up on the difference between a solid experienced professional manager like Sir Niel and a man lke NH with good ideas and ambition.
    It's been a hard road to where we are and this back sliding MUST be stopped before it becomes irreversible. That's the priority now and that's why we need someone like MM.
    That's realism. I'd love to see a flash monkey manager playing artistic football but after giving NH his head we've lost a lot of ground and if we're not careful we could soon be having our local derby's with Newport County.

We can't even afford 3 or 4 games to pass without anyone in charge, so that's why we need a PROFESSIONAL now.

Not quite as stark as it seems though. MM has got some great players and rescources at his disposal here which have been wasted
    ( with respect ) under NH. It's very likely that he can almost immediately use them to get results rather than near misses.

Our players are as good as any team in the championship and if they're given a clear idea of what they're trying to do then that might be the missing ingredient. If we resist the fanciful ideas of what some inspiring figure like Craig B MIGHT do, this would be a sensible appointment.
    I tend to agree

Nothing against the man, he seems a decent bloke with experience. But unless this is an expressly short term appointment with the intention of securing the city dont descend into a dogfight to beat the drop, then I can’t help but feel underwhelmed.

Not an entirely unsurprising appointment given the recent track record of the club. Short-termism, with lengthy contracts, feels the order of the day down Sloper Road. Still, it is what it is, as a city fan I wish him all the best and will support the team as per.

Must say, if you were a young south Walian football fan coming of age over the last decade, without a particular attachment to Cardiff itself, a ticket down the Liberty must look better vfm than one down the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Cardiff City, where has been managers go to die
    Or conversely, save us from relegation and then get us promoted to the Premier League the season after.

You're talking absolute shyte

You're talking absolute shyte
    Forgive me heisenberg, my anger got the better of me and I didn't read your post properly, I agree with you

Heisenberg

Forgive me heisenberg, my anger got the better of me and I didn't read your post properly, I agree with you
    Tensions seem to be running a bit high on here at the moment

I was "talking absolute shyte" to be fair though

Well said. Some people on here need to get over themselves. Small minded people who have nothing better to do than criticise anything the club does. People who wouldn't be happy at anything less than the appointment of someone like Pochettino although god help him if we actually lost a game while he was in charge. My suggestion ? - if you are all actually that upset by it all, stop ‘supporting’ the club and don't go to games - you wont be missed.

Cardiff City you can **** right off, at least for the rest of this season. Mick ****ING McCarthy? ****ING HELL.

https://youtu.be/0OQT1psCoAc