+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City and their "philosophy".

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff City and their "philosophy".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The philosophy is that they have to play that shit football or they don't get appointed.
    I would say the philosophy is they've bought into the "knows the league" fallacy that has blighted British football for a generation

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would say the philosophy is they've bought into the "knows the league" fallacy that has blighted British football for a generation
    It'll be interesting to see what they come out with when they meet the media, but, with the way things are these days, will we see Choo and/or Dalman involved in something like that?

Another thing I touched on in a post in a different thread was that Mick McCarthy is hardly a manager renowned for bringing on young players - you think back to his previous clubs, it's hard to think of anyone who came up through the ranks to become first team regulars apart from, maybe, at Ipswich where there wasn't the money to bring in many new players.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what they come out with when they meet the media, but, with the way things are these days, will we see Choo and/or Dalman involved in something like that?

Another thing I touched on in a post in a different thread was that Mick McCarthy is hardly a manager renowned for bringing on young players - you think back to his previous clubs, it's hard to think of anyone who came up through the ranks to become first team regulars apart from, maybe, at Ipswich where there wasn't the money to bring in many new players.
    Didn't he blood a few at Wolves? Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Didn't he blood a few at Wolves? Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.
    Matt Doherty is one, well he gave him a few games!

They've signed Watters and have Moore, so we need someone to play 442. If Watters comes off, and MM can continue Moore's upward trajectory (who he is a massive fan of), then I think this plays a part. I have no issue with 2 up top but you need someone to play it, and most modern managers want a front 3.

Whoever signed Watters and Ng, it wasn't Harris and I think that's had a major impact on this decision.