+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are you really a cardiff city fan ?

Are you really a cardiff city fan ?

Lots of different opinions flying about , especially last few days but we all are aren't we ?

There is the fan who goes to every city game home and away , has every home shirt since time began , badges , programmes and his or her life revolves around ccfc

When we were young we would go with our dads or uncles , then our mates in our teens

Then the rites of passage of away trips , football specials , trips to Bury on a Tuesday night to lose to a late goal

For some a season ticket , for some 8 or 9 home games a season , life changes ....responsibilities begin .......moving away for work , divorce , only having access to the kids at weekends so no Saturday games

Illness , disability .......my friends dad is 94 , blind and has advancing dementia but he still tries to listen to final score every Saturday

The bloke who works shifts and can hardly ever get to a game , most Saturdays he's working but at ten to 5 he let's out a cheer in the call centre as his text alert tells him we have scored a late winner

Many have said they won't go down till tan is gone and may not go back again but the match report they read in the Sunday paper is cardiff city 2 Derby 1 , the message board they use is this one or maybe they just read it or maybe they don't bother with messageboards at all

They might live in an isolated village in the south Wales valleys and they don't drive . They have to get a bus that takes them twenty five minutes to get them to the nearest town with a train station . Then its an hour stopping everywhere till they get to Cardiff. They are getting on in years , they have grandchildren , they only make Xmas and Easter games .

But they are all every much a city fan as the season ticket holding home and away obsessive who has named his pet gerbil earnie

And I think that it would be good if for six months we could , in 2021 , give all this negativity a rest and give the old grumpy northerner a chance

Re: Are you really a cardiff city fan ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Lots of different opinions flying about , especially last few days but we all are aren't we ?

There is the fan who goes to every city game home and away , has every home shirt since time began , badges , programmes and his or her life revolves around ccfc

When we were young we would go with our dads or uncles , then our mates in our teens

Then the rites of passage of away trips , football specials , trips to Bury on a Tuesday night to lose to a late goal

For some a season ticket , for some 8 or 9 home games a season , life changes ....responsibilities begin .......moving away for work , divorce , only having access to the kids at weekends so no Saturday games

Illness , disability .......my friends dad is 94 , blind and has advancing dementia but he still tries to listen to final score every Saturday

The bloke who works shifts and can hardly ever get to a game , most Saturdays he's working but at ten to 5 he let's out a cheer in the call centre as his text alert tells him we have scored a late winner

Many have said they won't go down till tan is gone and may not go back again but the match report they read in the Sunday paper is cardiff city 2 Derby 1 , the message board they use is this one or maybe they just read it or maybe they don't bother with messageboards at all

They might live in an isolated village in the south Wales valleys and they don't drive . They have to get a bus that takes them twenty five minutes to get them to the nearest town with a train station . Then its an hour stopping everywhere till they get to Cardiff. They are getting on in years , they have grandchildren , they only make Xmas and Easter games .

But they are all every much a city fan as the season ticket holding home and away obsessive who has named his pet gerbil earnie

And I think that it would be good if for six months we could , in 2021 , give all this negativity a rest and give the old grumpy northerner a chance

I think you’ll find, most of us are already quite fond of ‘Jimmy the Jock’

**** me, have you appointed yourself as the City fans President for peace & love and our equivalent to Joe Biden, Bob Geldof or Bono?

Virtual group hug everyone?

Is there any alternative ?

We are all fans as you say. And nobody on here has the right to say to anybody that they aren't a fan (as I've seen because people don't like the manager)

I am a Cardiff city fan.

I am also sick of the "swapping the manager for swapping sake" that seems to just be a merry-go-round of change with no real idea what's going on.
    MM is probably a terrific fella, he may also work wonders with the squad he's given and get along with no money l, that's all fine, but I am sick to death of the same old shit, swap the manager hope for the best. Repeating the same mistakes over and over is insanity.

I am spartacus

I have a friend who lives just outside of Hull, but he's a City fan. He only gets to a few away games a season, but he's a City fan. He works offshore part of the year, but he's still a City fan.
    It's a state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I have a friend who lives just outside of Hull, but he's a City fan. He only gets to a few away games a season, but he's a City fan. He works offshore part of the year, but he's still a City fan.
    It's a state of mind.
    Too right

Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    **** me, have you appointed yourself as the City fans President for peace & love and our equivalent to Joe Biden, Bob Geldof or Bono?

Virtual group hug everyone?
    Come Together ❤

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Is there any alternative ?
    whinge and moan ?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We are all fans as you say. And nobody on here has the right to say to anybody that they aren't a fan (as I've seen because people don't like the manager)

I am a Cardiff city fan.

I am also sick of the "swapping the manager for swapping sake" that seems to just be a merry-go-round of change with no real idea what's going on.
    MM is probably a terrific fella, he may also work wonders with the squad he's given and get along with no money l, that's all fine, but I am sick to death of the same old shit, swap the manager hope for the best. Repeating the same mistakes over and over is insanity.
    Hopefully the ship can be steadied for 6 months . Its not going to be pretty 😕

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    I am spartacus
    Kirk Douglas had a fantastic physique in that film

Just just goes to show a lot of this modern protein shakes , split training, diet 💪 stuff is horseshit

Hopefully the ship can be steadied for 6 months . Its not going to be pretty 😕
    Not sure where that great quote cam from, but yes it need steadying and it won't be pretty. Personally think it's a waste of time bringing in a stop gap but there's no point repeating that over amd over, it is what it is now. You can only piss with the cock you've got..

Having been born less than a mile from NP a long time ago it’s in the blood. Frankly I don’t really care about other clubs and not that bothered about the Welsh team. I’ve seen some great times and bad times and the ups and downs are all about being a Bluebird. So yes is the answer