+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Summoning Dark

The Summoning Dark

https://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Summoning_Dark

Most similar clubs and their supporters would be quite pleased to be in our position, and have the recent history of progress we've achieved.

The knives are already out for Mick McCarthy though aren't they?

I don't know how representative these forums are of our supporter base. I hope it's not, but am I the only person who notices how negative a lot of people seem to be?

Really, it seems as if some people are determined to fail and will feel gratified if their constant predictions of failure come to pass.

That kind of thing can easily become a self fulfilling prophesy you know and it's an attitude which can pervade itself through the whole club and eventually destroy hope and ambition.

Is that what we want ?

Re: The Summoning Dark

Sounds like one of my metal albums

On mm its not going to be pretty but hopefully we will be fit strong and organised

I don't care how we win really

A deflection off the arse of one of the opposition in the last minute, just get points on the board

That's got to be the priority now.
    Well said!

Also though , we've got some bloody fantastic players and if we ( or MM really ) can work out how to use them properly we'll be flying in no time.

We are NOT crap. We are a big club and we can get MUCH bigger, so let's get on with it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    That's got to be the priority now.
    Well said!

Also though , we've got some bloody fantastic players and if we ( or MM really ) can work out how to use them properly we'll be flying in no time.

We are NOT crap. We are a big club and we can get MUCH bigger, so let's get on with it !!!
    Im not sure if you are serious with bloody fantastic players.

Oh yeah Hilts!

What would most give for Keifer Moore, Harry Wilson, Ojo, Junior Hoilett , Sean Morrison etc.

Failing to get them playing productively has been a reverse miracle .

Somehow thinking you might get away without a proper right back or a clear game plan ... Don't want to go there because it's negative but these things can be changed quickly .

This is from the Darkside, 95% there want the Club to fail especially the owner.

Oh yeah Hilts!

What would most give for Keifer Moore, Harry Wilson, Ojo, Junior Hoilett , Sean Morrison etc.

Failing to get them playing productively has been a reverse miracle .
    I think Moore and Morrison are very good Championship players

Wilson is as well but like Ojo hes not our player and weve got to look past this season as its in effect over ( unless we do end up in a relegation scrap).

I think we need a major rebuild. Moore and Morrison could easily be sold this summer as well as we have no parachute payments.

This squad is in need of a major rebuild. We have some very good Championship players some good a lot mediocre and a number who are crap.

Most similar clubs and their supporters would be quite pleased to be in our position, and have the recent history of progress we've achieved.

I don't know how representative these forums are of our supporter base. I hope it's not, but am I the only person who notices how negative a lot of people seem to be?

Really, it seems as if some people are determined to fail and will feel gratified if their constant predictions of failure come to pass.

That kind of thing can easily become a self fulfilling prophesy you know and it's an attitude which can pervade itself through the whole club and eventually destroy hope and ambition.

Is that what we want ?
    How many 'regular' posters on this board were actually going to games pre-covid ? I doubt 25%. It's hardly a broad consensus of the views of our supporters..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    How many 'regular' posters on this board were actually going to games pre-covid ? I doubt 25%. It's hardly a broad consensus of the views of our supporters..
    Really? My impression is/was that the vast majority of regular posters went to games pre-Covid. Maybe not all games, not even all home games, but a fair number.

A few live in foreign parts, and some are on/off boycotters, and a handful have medical problems that make attending games difficult - but they are the minority.

They/we may not be representative of the views of all fans - people who obsess on a message board are probably not normal, but they are generally pretty well informed and knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think Moore and Morrison are very good Championship players

Wilson is as well but like Ojo hes not our player and weve got to look past this season as its in effect over ( unless we do end up in a relegation scrap).

I think we need a major rebuild. Moore and Morrison could easily be sold this summer as well as we have no parachute payments.

This squad is in need of a major rebuild. We have some very good Championship players some good a lot mediocre and a number who are crap.

All perfectly true, but it's the Chamionship we are playing in and the team we've got includes those players at the moment.
    They'll be the ones who get our results this season and next season is something else.

Why is it that some members of the board are such contrarians, looking to score points by taking the high-ground? There’s always one...

McCarthy is a stupid choice. As was Harris. Pay peanuts get monkeys.

You’ll see RonnieBird. Another wasted season and a half until they eventually have to sack McCarthy.

Come back then and defend the next stupid decision the board makes you crawler.

Does Ronnie go to games? Doesn’t he live in London?

I live predominantly in East Anglia , but ordinarily I'd be in London a lot of the time so you're not wrong.
    No ones going to games right now , but I'm not really fit for that these days anyway.

That happens in time I'm afraid , but there was a time when I went to home and away games.

Is that what we want ?
    This is a very negative board but fun ,think it an age thing ,In not enthusiastic about the appointment but do wonder if can change things , his success at others clubs is for all to see 😀

His win ratios are here :

https://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/mick-mccarthy/

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Difficult to tell , pity loved to have bumped into some .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This is a very negative board but fun ,think it an age thing ,In not enthusiastic about the appointment but do wonder if can change things , his success at others clubs is for all to see ��

His win ratios are here :

https://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/mick-mccarthy/

Yes it's true that there's far too much negativity, but we can change that !

It's something which has crept in I'm afraid,and it's very different from the daft defiance and optimism we once had and which made the club such a joy.

I know there'll always be a few who like to wallow in failure and infect others with their pessimism , but I also lke to think that there are many who will be able to see that it's time to put that aside and concentrate on the massive positives at the club.