+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neil Warnock has his say on Harris dismissal.

Re: Neil Warnock has his say on Harris dismissal.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am not commenting on his personality , he's a fantastic man manager and motivator
    Well that’s a matter of opinion

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Warnock being a wanker? I'm shocked

We won 15 games out of 54 in Warnock's last 18 months or so, so Harris certainly wasn't wrong. Warnock's final summer also shafted us, but let's not mention that shall we Colin?
    Cherry picking as usual and rewriting history. Whats his record over the three years he was here and what did he achieve ? Thats what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Cherry picking as usual and rewriting history. Whats his record over the three years he was here and what did he achieve ? Thats what counts.
    What counts in this instance is the period of time directly before Harris took over, that being the summer transfer window and our start to the season, so no I'm not cherry picking

The first 18 months or so were fantastic, but the final 18 months weren't, whilst everything after the final day win was disastrous

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bar the summer of 2017 (which went very well), Warnock was a complete disaster in the market. Bar one or two (even a stopped clock is right twice a day), he spent 100m on players, at an overspend of about 90m.
    A so called ‘disaster’ in the market, who managed to make the club about £120m extra income in one season by getting us into the Premier League plus about another £90m in parachute payments since. All of which you conveniently forget when calculating your ‘overspend’.

A so called ‘disaster’ in the market, who managed to make the club about £120m extra income in one season by getting us into the Premier League plus about another £90m in parachute payments since. All of which you conveniently forget when calculating your ‘overspend’.
    You’ve conveniently forgotten to calculate players wages too

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Remind me, who got us relegated after after being given around £50 million to spend?

We finished above another side that were relegated with us.

No, we didn’t gain eight promotions- take it you mean he?

Thirty one defeats in his last fifty seven games.

How many of his apologists were fist pumping the air when we played for a draw at relegated Fulham and lost a game that meant far more to us than it did for them?

Yes useless.

I don’t mean much of what I’ve just written because Warnock did a lot of good things in his time with us, but he’s also responsible to a degree for the mess we’ve now in - I just felt like being contrary for some reason.

Yeah, well the man who's never made a mistake has never made anything else either.
    I wish I knew 10% of what Neil Warnock knows about the game and how to get the most out of players.

Is there some manager out there who's never lost an important game ?

What counts in this instance is the period of time directly before Harris took over, that being the summer transfer window and our start to the season, so no I'm not cherry picking

The first 18 months or so were fantastic, but the final 18 months weren't, whilst everything after the final day win was disastrous
    A managers record at a club is a managers record. Not part of it, the whole thing. You pick the bits out that assist your opinion. That is not reasonable. From my recollection, when Warnock left we were in 14th place in the league - hardly a disaster really.

A managers record at a club is a managers record. Not part of it, the whole thing. You pick the bits out that assist your opinion. That is not reasonable. From my recollection, when Warnock left we were in 14th place in the league - hardly a disaster really.
    It was a disaster after spending £15m on new players that summer.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Remind me who go us promoted with a bunch of ordinary players ?

Did we get automatic above Fulham

Did we gain eight promotions

59 wins in 144 games .

How many of his critics were fist pumping the air against Reading

Yes useless.
    There’s an awful lot on here who have short memories, he galvanised the Club, gained promotion to the PL. Amazing that there are so many who turn on previous managers, we could have Guardiola, Klopp or any top manager and the so called fans on here would trash them as soon as they left. Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    There’s an awful lot on here who have short memories, he galvanised the Club, gained promotion to the PL. Amazing that there are so many who turn on previous managers, we could have Guardiola, Klopp or any top manager and the so called fans on here would trash them as soon as they left. Unbelievable
    "so called fans"

Warnock pissed a lot of money up the wall after relegation, what's wrong with pointing that out

loads of our fans slag off the players and managers , its been going on for years and years , some of the most fickle fans in football

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yeah, well the man who's never made a mistake has never made anything else either.
    I wish I knew 10% of what Neil Warnock knows about the game and how to get the most out of players.

There are a lot of self confessed experts out there who couldn't manage thier wardrobe never mind a football club way into thier 70's .

Warnock came into our club when it was badly broken , he pulled the fans nearer to the team, brought us some great moments, promotion from no where and made us happy,.

Like countless managers he bought badly and finally fell from grace , he did bring in some good players like Bamba , Holiet, and leastvwe forget he had to deal with the fall out of the Sala tragedy , of course his own short comings caught up with him , but my god it was an enjoyable ride , and he's a decent manager , to knock him now is just incredible?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post

Bit of a feeble response there if I may say so. Same here as far as the highlighted text is concerned and I'd say it's true of all, or very close to all, of the people who post on here. Strange therefore, that Warnock was, apparently, unable to see what quite a few on here could when the summer transfer window closed unusually early last season - in particular, regarding the Morrison/Flint centreback pairing and in general regarding his putting together of a squad very much in his image which paid no regard to what had happened to the Championship in the season we'd been away.

I always feel that Neil Warnock's time as City manager can be split into two periods of almost equal length. In the first, he was superb as he galvanised an ailing club, we easily pulled clear of relegation despite a pretty modest budget and we also played a brand of football which was a lot more enjoyable then I expected it to be. If anything, Warnock did even better for the first portion of the following season, but as soon as he was given significant money to spend (i.e. the signing of Gary Madine) some of his limitations were exposed and we entered the second phase of his time with us. He and the players still deserved credit for battling through to second place while under increasing pressure, but that's what it was, a battle and the quality of our football reflected that.

As is often said, if Warnock had decided to call it a day after we'd won promotion, I think he could have been rated our best ever manager, but, instead he destroyed so much of what he had built in terms of reputation by almost wholly poor buys, his "plucky little Cardiff" routine during our season in the Premier League and clearly wrong tactical decisions which came to a head in that vital game at Fulham. Following our promotion, Warnock's loss percentage was 55 per cent over a season and a third - in stark terms, a record like that should have led to the sack sometime before he left us, but his past glories kept him in his job.

LOM, for some reason, wants only to talk in terms of a direct comparison between the two Neils. For me, the only time you can make a comparison between them on something that were virtually like for like terms was last season and, surely, there can be no one who would argue that Neil Warnock was the more impressive of the two based on the work they both did at the club during 19/20?

If ever there was an argument against seeing things in only black and white terms it surely is Neil Warnock's time as manager of Cardiff City. So much of it was very good, but it was followed by stuff that was just plain poor for someone with his record and experience - he took over us when we were last but one in the Championship and we were nine places higher than that when he left us. I reckon that's a pretty accurate reflection of his spell here and so to talk of "Sir Neil" as if he was some sort of miracle worker is as wrong as it is to claim that he was a complete disaster at Cardiff.

Regardless of his record, I see the comments as playground bullying - why choose now to knock Harris? It’s pathetic.

I felt this was a fairer assessment of Harris's time here: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...paign=sharebar

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bit of a feeble response there if I may say so. Same here as far as the highlighted text is concerned and I'd say it's true of all, or very close to all, of the people who post on here. Strange therefore, that Warnock was, apparently, unable to see what quite a few on here could when the summer transfer window closed unusually early last season - in particular, regarding the Morrison/Flint centreback pairing and in general regarding his putting together of a squad very much in his image which paid no regard to what had happened to the Championship in the season we'd been away.

I always feel that Neil Warnock's time as City manager can be split into two periods of almost equal length. In the first, he was superb as he galvanised an ailing club, we easily pulled clear of relegation despite a pretty modest budget and we also played a brand of football which was a lot more enjoyable then I expected it to be. If anything, Warnock did even better for the first portion of the following season, but as soon as he was given significant money to spend (i.e. the signing of Gary Madine) some of his limitations were exposed and we entered the second phase of his time with us. He and the players still deserved credit for battling through to second place while under increasing pressure, but that's what it was, a battle and the quality of our football reflected that.

As is often said, if Warnock had decided to call it a day after we'd won promotion, I think he could have been rated our best ever manager, but, instead he destroyed so much of what he had built in terms of reputation by almost wholly poor buys, his "plucky little Cardiff" routine during our season in the Premier League and clearly wrong tactical decisions which came to a head in that vital game at Fulham. Following our promotion, Warnock's loss percentage was 55 per cent over a season and a third - in stark terms, a record like that should have led to the sack sometime before he left us, but his past glories kept him in his job.

LOM, for some reason, wants only to talk in terms of a direct comparison between the two Neils. For me, the only time you can make a comparison between them on something that were virtually like for like terms was last season and, surely, there can be no one who would argue that Neil Warnock was the more impressive of the two based on the work they both did at the club during 19/20?

If ever there was an argument against seeing things in only black and white terms it surely is Neil Warnock's time as manager of Cardiff City. So much of it was very good, but it was followed by stuff that was just plain poor for someone with his record and experience - he took over us when we were last but one in the Championship and we were nine places higher than that when he left us. I reckon that's a pretty accurate reflection of his spell here and so to talk of "Sir Neil" as if he was some sort of miracle worker is as wrong as it is to claim that he was a complete disaster at Cardiff.
    TOBW, you are a very rare beast on here. I often sit back and read how posters become incredibly binary and a tad extreme, whether they be pro or anti in respect of an issue raised. Very few posters seem to take the curate's egg approach and your balanced musings above hit the nail on the head.

Warnock being a wanker? I'm shocked

We won 15 games out of 54 in Warnock's last 18 months or so, so Harris certainly wasn't wrong. Warnock's final summer also shafted us, but let's not mention that shall we Colin?
    Which is all fine. But surely you should consider how many games he won during his tenure here, before that period as well?

That is only fair.

I’m not judging Warnock here but only considering the last 18 months of his time here doesn’t seem very balanced.