+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer Window

Transfer Window

So it's Big Mick....who do you think will be his first signing or even what position does he need to look at.?

Re: Transfer Window

I would like to see the jack Simpson deal resurrected, then if we are thinking about next season, wingers are a priority

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would like to see the jack Simpson deal resurrected, then if we are thinking about next season, wingers are a priority
    Yeah I don't think the Simpson deal is as dead as some were reporting.

To be a bit Tony Blairish, midfield, midfield, midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Creative or some sort of no nonsense tough tackler type.?

Do we still operate a transfer committee headed up by the manager? A lot of criticism yesterday was based on MM not being a progressive manager so does asking this type of manager to pick footballers in midfield risk extending the issue Warnock created?

I'd ask him to concentrate on a CB, a winger and working out what's gone wrong with Murphy and whether it's fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Creative or some sort of no nonsense tough tackler type.?
    I'd say creative more than a tackler, but I just think we need a better balance in there and, at the moment, we have Pack and three others who are much of a muchness.

I'd say creative more than a tackler, but I just think we need a better balance in there and, at the moment, we have Pack and three others who are much of a muchness.
    Judging by his commentary work on Sky, McCarthy is a big fan of both Pack and Ralls, so I reckon those two are pretty much guaranteed starts on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Do we still operate a transfer committee headed up by the manager? A lot of criticism yesterday was based on MM not being a progressive manager so does asking this type of manager to pick footballers in midfield risk extending the issue Warnock created?

I'd ask him to concentrate on a CB, a winger and working out what's gone wrong with Murphy and whether it's fixable.
    I'll add Glatzel into that category too. If they're fixable then we've strengthened our attack for this and next year, or raised their profile can be sold at better price, and if not then at least we know.

Its going to be difficult getting a permanent quality midfielder this window.

Mick will want this job long term so if he feels it needs addressing a lone could happen and we look again in the summer.

Any money that was available has been spent on compensation for Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'll add Glatzel into that category too. If they're fixable then we've strengthened our attack, or at least raised their profile can be sold at better price, and if not then at least we know.
    I think your clutching at straws with that one.

Can we actually say anythings gone wrong with him?

Think we may have to accept hes a bad signing and needs to be moved on.

Ive more hope he can turn around Nelson who has been poor most of the season and I think was lucky to still be in the team last game.