+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unilateral Tan

Re: Unilateral Tan

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm only going by what I saw on the BBC Sport announcement, I do agree with you about if he does ok he there's a good chance he'll stay though
    I think the chances of City making the play-offs this season are extremely slim, but the chances of them finishing anywhere between 7th and 10th are reasonable. I believe if McCarthy can steer the side into one of those positions by the end of the season, he'll definitely be given a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think the chances of City making the play-offs this season are extremely slim, but the chances of them finishing anywhere between 7th and 10th are reasonable. I believe if McCarthy can steer the side into one of those positions by the end of the season, he'll definitely be given a new contract.
    The ol' "Ole after PSG away" shuffle

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I am, but to be fair if I was spending millions of my own money I'd be driving the train as well
    It's all relative. You don't have million pounds to spend. He does. He probably spends, percentage-wise , something similar to what you do on Cardiff City.

Also, if you add up all the Delmis who buy season tickets and merchandise and has done for the last twenty/thrty years, that is a lot of money. If we are talking brass tax ........ a lot of the money you invested hasn't reaped rewards. You have seen a lot of crappy football. A lot of the decisions made at board level have been questionable. Why should I continue investing my money in this company.

If we are talking about Cardiff City as a company that provides entertainment and a day out , as Ronnie and co. will have you believe, would you go and watch a production by Mick McCarthy ? **** that.

He can't have it both ways. It's either an entertainment company that provide sub-par entertainment or it's a football club.

If it is a football club then speak to the members of the club. I'm not saying he has to to do what they want, but it doesn't hurt to listen.

PS. Have you seen the film "Snowpiercier" (it pisses on the series)? You know where you are on that train don't you ? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think falling gates and decrease in revenue would make him care.
    We've already seen that those elements can bring about a change in his policies, the rebrand reversal being the obvious example. However, it's a numbers game. I don't think he genuinely cares what the fans think, hence his complete lack of engagement with the fanbase since his arrival.

The former chairman of CCST met with Tan just once at a function they were both attending. The CCST chair politely suggested that the majority of fans would be a lot more comfortable and the club would be much stronger and more united if the owner could reconsider his stance regarding the club's identity. Tan simply told him any fans who weren't happy could go and support another club, and then he walked away.

Nothing Tan has done to date has suggested he has any interest in the opinion of the fans. He doesn't talk to any of the fans organisations at all and seems content provided a reasonable percentage keep showing up to matches. That about as far as the owner/fan relationship goes as far as he's concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Mate, you are all about capitalism, I would expect you to understand.

I'll repeat though. This is not a dictatorship. As a fan base we also invest millions of hard earned pounds, and have done over the last 100 years or so....long before Vincent Tan existed.

Without Vincent Tan there would either be another multi-millionaire in charge or the registered trademark Cardiff City Football Club would cease to exist and we'd have another manifestation of the club which would currently be in League Two or League One. Without the fans putting in their money the same thing would happen. This is an investment by both parties, with each party investing for its own reasons. The fans , for the sense of belonging, the match day , a sense of community...whtever. I'm unsure what Tan's motives are. To be a kind soul . ....ok , if you say so.

If you want to view it in those terms, the supporters are consumers who don't even agree with each other and have no expertise in running the enterprise.
    In fact there's not a queue of billionaires who'd like to buy a football team. Such people are few and far between because it doesn't really pay and candidates need to have a personal love for the game to get involved.

Having said that I try hard not to stray into politics on this board.

International

I think you should probably be directing a lot of your praise in the direction of Ridsdale too.

You can be a despot and have success now and then.

This idea of success though is the same as Warnock claiming his way of playing was a "winning" way in response to Harris' "offensive remarks" (what a diva he is BTW). It's a fallacy. We are in the same position now that we were when Warnock joined. Same goes for Tan. On the pitch we are in the same position now as we were when he bought the club.

To put it simply, we have gone forwards, but we have also gone backwards just as much. We've had success, but we have had just as much failure.

With regards, he is keeping th club afloat. Still remains to be seen what the situation is when he eventually leaves. As I understand it we till have some pretty bug debts right ? Fact remains, he has done good things on this front. However, does this give him the right to be so oblique and aloof when it come to decision making for the clubs future on the field ? Is it even in his own interest !? Does he even have the right to be that way ?
    YES!

I don't like modern football and my politics being left wing make it very uneasy that the team I support is propped up by an extremely rich capitalist .

His rebrand was shocking

Some of his subordinates managerial appointments have been dreadful , some good 👍

It is what it is

If I won 300 million on the lottery tomorrow and it was enough to buy him out I would

We are not the only club to have had a colourful past with regard to chairman

Brighton had a shocker

Sheffield Wednesday

Newcastle under mike ashley

Newport County with that American idiot

West Ham

Bury

Villa

Until football genuinely changes we are stuck with this sort of thing

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

Hopefully for 6 months MM can steady the ship and either he's the right man for the job or the club appoint a younger face

But maybe they won't

It is what it is

Bluebirds

It's all relative. You don't have million pounds to spend. He does. He probably spends, percentage-wise , something similar to what you do on Cardiff City.

Also, if you add up all the Delmis who buy season tickets and merchandise and has done for the last twenty/thrty years, that is a lot of money. If we are talking brass tax ........ a lot of the money you invested hasn't reaped rewards. You have seen a lot of crappy football. A lot of the decisions made at board level have been questionable. Why should I continue investing my money in this company.

If we are talking about Cardiff City as a company that provides entertainment and a day out , as Ronnie and co. will have you believe, would you go and watch a production by Mick McCarthy ? **** that.

He can't have it both ways. It's either an entertainment company that provide sub-par entertainment or it's a football club.

If it is a football club then speak to the members of the club. I'm not saying he has to to do what they want, but it doesn't hurt to listen.

PS. Have you seen the film "Snowpiercier" (it pisses on the series)? You know where you are on that train don't you ? :)
    I think your heart is in the right place but you must realise that Cardiff City FC is a business run by a very successful businessman. We would all like the the romantic notion of an owner with oodles of cash that regularly consulted the fans before any major decisions are made but it is never going to happen.

This 'crappy football' you're talking about has led to 2 major cup finals and 2 promotions to the Premier League in the last 12 years. I think even the most difficult to please fans would consider that value for money and that is a massive understatement.

Long term, who knows, Tan may come around to your way of thinking but I wouldn't bet on it.

Do we need a relegation from this division to start the new beginning and wipe everything we and the players know.
    Start fresh from the top, and rebuild the team and its direction.
    Its ingrained to lump it forward in everyone of these players.
    Morrison is a good defender but the times I scream at him everytime he and the rest of our players just hoof the ball to nobody from one end of the pitch to the other, really gets on my tits.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Do we need a relegation from this division to start the new beginning and wipe everything we and the players know.
    Morrison is a good defender but the times I scream at him everytime he and the rest of our players just hoof the ball to nobody from one end of the pitch to the other, really gets on my tits.
    Relegation would be a disaster for us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I wonder if he has a clause in his contract that triggers an extension if we finish above a certain position.

You have to be joking right ?

Relegation would likely herald a fallow period that we last experienced in the 90's and hopefully will not experience again for a long time to come.

The only way for our football to change is for it to evolve slowly. It won't happen overnight and we certainly don't need a relegation to kick start the change. The acquisition of a couple of ball playing midfielders would be a move in the right direction though.

In answer to the "this is the world we live in" ....

I know. However, if anyone says " Tan's changed, he apologised." ......well, they know where to go.

Secondly, just because you are oozing money, it doesn't mean you can't consult the members of the club you own.

Thirdly, when did Cardiff City become just a company ? Because I remember it feeling a little bit different to a company when I was growing up. It was a place and people.......

Anyway, how can it be just a company like B&Q or something when the marketing keeps on telling me I'm part of something ? #CITYASONE #B&QASONE

If it is a company why th **** would I spend money watching a Mick McCarthy team when I can watch a Jurgen Klopp or a Pep team . Surely this would fly in the face of this logic that a football club is just a company providing entertainment.

....some of you Tan advocates/it's just a company peddlers probably have the audacity to call liverpool supporting south walians "plastics". Seems they were right all along.

Despite all the discussion on here Tan owns the club and he can do what he wants. It's his money, he owns the club and can appoint anyone he wants to the manager. You simply cannot consult everybody.

If you went to an employer and told him how he should be running his company after he had invested millions in to it you'd soon be told where to go. Whilst we may not like what has happened we cannot change it.

Consultation with the Trust and the Supporters Club does exist but they cannot be involved in decisions like this only on issues such as the care of fans etc.

Personally I am happy with the appointment of McCarthy, he certainly won't take any **** from players. He has managed Sunderland and Wolves in the PL and been an international manager with Ireland. He will be organised and get things sorted. He is, in my opinion, like a much better Warnock, only nicer!! Who do we expect to have, Guardiola?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I agree entirely. Fans spend a few quid on attending matches and Tan spends millions to keep the club afloat. You only have to read this forum to see how individual fans differ on suitable potential managers. Consulting fans would be absolutely pointless, not to mention the fact that would prolong the process of getting anyone quickly.
    He pumps in millions correct but its all useless without fans isn't it.

Maybe not consulting fans on the final decisions, but at least get a feel for what is popular and what isn't before creating a shortlist that they ultimately pick from.

I read on the athletic, a post on how the transfer window works (even mentioned ITK accounts 😂) and some fella at villa mentioned how they sometimes leak info to see how fans feel over certain players being signed. This isn't exactly outside the box thinking is it, but it seems even this is not within the clubs doing. They just listen to Neil Warnock it seems.

Tan doesn't need to consult fans or fan representatives - but it would help him if he did.

Tan/Dalman don't need to communicate directly with the fans - they can rely on a few press releases and off the records with local journalists - but it would help them if they did.

Tan has done press and fan meetings before and when he came out defend Slade and talk about the club debt he got a lot of goodwill, even if he changed very few minds.

When Warnock was doing his fan forums it seemed the board were happy to let him be the sole face of the club. Harris didn't have much chance to do the same away from the pre and post match press conferences. It is long past the time when the owner or Chair should re-engage.

When a manager is appointed on a six month contract it implies there is a plan of sorts in place - because something has to happen at the end of that period even if it is just to extend (hopefully not). There is a lot to say about the future of our club and Tan and/or Dalman should be saying it. Good communication is vital, but too often undervalued.

Morrison is a good defender but the times I scream at him everytime he and the rest of our players just hoof the ball to nobody from one end of the pitch to the other, really gets on my tnits.
    I for one wouldn't moan if we went down and it meant starting again, with an actual plan to move forward. That's why I wouldn't have been against a new long term manager coming in now and having a few months to try and keep us up, and if he didn't **** it, sell on the deadwood and start over.

Shite football is engrained from head to toe at this club, people mention promotions and cup runs, well yeah no doubt its easier to put up with shit football when it brings wins but nobody actually WANTS to watch that shit week in week out.

Trust Gives Its Verdict On Mick McCarthy Appointment

Keith Morgan, chair of Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust, responding to the appointment of Mick McCarthy as manager to replace Neil Harris, said:

“The dismissal of Neil Harris was inevitable given the run of six successive defeats and such poor displays.

"The appointment of Mick McCarthy, who we obviously wish success in the role, until the end of the season is a short-term measure to ensure safety in the Championship and will, hopefully, involve a push towards the Play-Offs.

“The club has brought in someone who has enjoyed success at Championship level, although that was over a decade ago.

“What is vital is that we hear from Cardiff City management about what is their long term strategy to take the club forward after Mick McCarthy's contract ends. We know many fans are also concerned about the style of football played and other clubs around us do seem to have a comprehensive plan, from the Academy to the first team - so should Cardiff City. Supporters will not want the club to stutter from one short term “fix" to another. We need vision and stability. "

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Keith Morgan, chair of Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust, responding to the appointment of Mick McCarthy as manager to replace Neil Harris, said:

“The dismissal of Neil Harris was inevitable given the run of six successive defeats and such poor displays.

"The appointment of Mick McCarthy, who we obviously wish success in the role, until the end of the season is a short-term measure to ensure safety in the Championship and will, hopefully, involve a push towards the Play-Offs.

“The club has brought in someone who has enjoyed success at Championship level, although that was over a decade ago.

“What is vital is that we hear from Cardiff City management about what is their long term strategy to take the club forward after Mick McCarthy's contract ends. We know many fans are also concerned about the style of football played and other clubs around us do seem to have a comprehensive plan, from the Academy to the first team - so should Cardiff City. Supporters will not want the club to stutter from one short term “fix" to another. We need vision and stability. "
    Here here.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

All it's going to take now is for one of Tan's urchins to pass the word along the dark corridors of international commerce. ..... and then for Tan himself to stop and think before waving it away.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't like modern football and my politics being left wing make it very uneasy that the team I support is propped up by an extremely rich capitalist .

His rebrand was shocking

Some of his subordinates managerial appointments have been dreadful , some good ��

It is what it is

If I won 300 million on the lottery tomorrow and it was enough to buy him out I would

We are not the only club to have had a colourful past with regard to chairman

Brighton had a shocker

Sheffield Wednesday

Newcastle under mike ashley

Newport County with that American idiot

West Ham

Bury

Villa

Until football genuinely changes we are stuck with this sort of thing

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

Hopefully for 6 months MM can steady the ship and either he's the right man for the job or the club appoint a younger face

But maybe they won't

It is what it is

Bluebirds
    I think you were right about us being doomed sludge, I mean we finally get a wealthy benefactor and just look at the mess, useless CEO’s can’t find a decent manager or work out a plan for the club going forward, just a wing and a prayer, throw a bit of cash at it, all in the wrong direction usually, then moan about how much it costs him to keep us going.....yet look over your shoulder and little old swansea town find decent managers, usually selling them not sacking them, sell players for millions and have a youth system.....
    Honestly, I hope we go down so we can start afresh and forget about going up and all the bollocks that come see with it.

Tan is just an idiot with very deep pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    He is a despot. Nonetheless we are very lucky to have him for his generosity in keeping our club afloat and well away from the bottom 2 divisions where we lingered for 18 years.
    a despot? you're not a trumpist by any chance

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    What I'm saying is no matter what Tan decides theres always someone who thinks they know better and are prepared to make huge assumptions about Tan to that end.As this appointment is only to the end of the season it allows time for the decision makers to make a more considered choice.
    There's only one decision-maker. What has he done in the past to make you think that this will happen?