+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Unilateral Tan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Unilateral Tan

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I appreciate that and so does Tan, but he couldn't really care less about what the fans think. Surely the rebrand saga taught you that?
    I think falling gates and decrease in revenue would make him care.

However with no fans in stadiums and probably a best case scenario on restricted attendances next season I dont think he will give a sh!t what is posted on social media.

Re: Unilateral Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think falling gates and decrease in revenue would make him care.
    We've already seen that those elements can bring about a change in his policies, the rebrand reversal being the obvious example. However, it's a numbers game. I don't think he genuinely cares what the fans think, hence his complete lack of engagement with the fanbase since his arrival.

The former chairman of CCST met with Tan just once at a function they were both attending. The CCST chair politely suggested that the majority of fans would be a lot more comfortable and the club would be much stronger and more united if the owner could reconsider his stance regarding the club's identity. Tan simply told him any fans who weren't happy could go and support another club, and then he walked away.

Nothing Tan has done to date has suggested he has any interest in the opinion of the fans. He doesn't talk to any of the fans organisations at all and seems content provided a reasonable percentage keep showing up to matches. That about as far as the owner/fan relationship goes as far as he's concerned.