Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
Considering this guy supports the club financially, without question, and has overseen some of the most successful years many us have experienced, I think it's a bit rich to call him a despot.
To quote Reginald Perrin, he didn't get where he is today by stopping every man in the street and asking what he thought. Yes, it might seem like he takes his eye off the ball now and then, or that he has others do the job for him, but he's still the man. And if he ever decided he was sick of the fans questioning his judgement, then we'd be in deep sh*t.

I think you should probably be directing a lot of your praise in the direction of Ridsdale too.

You can be a despot and have success now and then.

This idea of success though is the same as Warnock claiming his way of playing was a "winning" way in response to Harris' "offensive remarks" (what a diva he is BTW). It's a fallacy. We are in the same position now that we were when Warnock joined. Same goes for Tan. On the pitch we are in the same position now as we were when he bought the club.

To put it simply, we have gone forwards, but we have also gone backwards just as much. We've had success, but we have had just as much failure.

With regards, he is keeping th club afloat. Still remains to be seen what the situation is when he eventually leaves. As I understand it we till have some pretty bug debts right ? Fact remains, he has done good things on this front. However, does this give him the right to be so oblique and aloof when it come to decision making for the clubs future on the field ? Is it even in his own interest !? Does he even have the right to be that way ?