+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Unilateral Tan

Re: Unilateral Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The thing is it's about more than just money. It's about having the right ambition, the right infrastructure, the right manager AND spending the right amount of money wisely.

In my opinion the club has never had any of the first three requirements and on both occasions we were promoted it didn't invest sufficient money to build on its status. However having the wrong ambition, infrastructure and manager in the first place always meant that no matter how much money was spent the project was likely always doomed to fail.
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The club has the right infrastructure but not the money to sustain its status as a Premier League club. I believe the club has ambition but without the money to support it. You can have as much ambition as you like but without money clubs will always find it difficult to compete at the highest level.

And what exactly is the right amount of money to quote you? And where is this money to come from? It's normal for fans to complain about their football club but really it's laughable for fans to suggest that money should be forthcoming when we don't put our wealth at stake or make financial decisions as directors that could make us personally liable for club debts.
    How does it have the right infrastructure? It’s got 2 luxury car salesman heading it’s recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Vincent Tan keeps, or rather kept the club afloat, and for that I am grateful, but let’s not ignore the fact that an absolute shitload of money has been wasted and continues to be wasted under his stewardship because he is not taking the right advice.

I’m not saying he should consult fans on managerial appointments or player transfers but he sure as hell needs a sporting director or structure in place so that he starts getting better value for the millions he’s putting in.

Tan, Choo and Dalman know **** all about football and they are still being led by agents or chancers like Warnock. They are not new to the game anymore, surely by now they can see for the long term success of this club the current structure does not work.

He can’t let go of the Acorn signing nearly 8 years ago but we’ve wasted that ten fold since Malky left and Tan and the three amigos took charge of transfers.

Club is a basket case.
    Wholeheartedly agree, there’s a gulf from board from to footballing decisions. We need Tan to be advised by a Sporting Director. Not a Car salesman and a slimy investment banker.

We need a sustainable future not short term rash decisions, which are masqueraded as ‘sensible appointments’

How does it have the right infrastructure? It’s got 2 luxury car salesman heading it’s recruitment.
    Infrastructure tends to be capital orientated. By infrastructure I was referring to the ground. The salesmen, as you describe them, form part of the club's structure which I didn't comment on.

Vincent Tan keeps, or rather kept the club afloat, and for that I am grateful, but let’s not ignore the fact that an absolute shitload of money has been wasted and continues to be wasted under his stewardship because he is not taking the right advice.

I’m not saying he should consult fans on managerial appointments or player transfers but he sure as hell needs a sporting director or structure in place so that he starts getting better value for the millions he’s putting in.

Tan, Choo and Dalman know **** all about football and they are still being led by agents or chancers like Warnock. They are not new to the game anymore, surely by now they can see for the long term success of this club the current structure does not work.

He can’t let go of the Acorn signing nearly 8 years ago but we’ve wasted that ten fold since Malky left and Tan and the three amigos took charge of transfers.

Club is a basket case.
    I agree with this....sure he might have the funds, but he blows them in ways unimaginable and then blames whoever, managers, agents bla bla but never his CEO....so clueless. Look at the jacks, they actually sell more managers than they sack....Make huge profits on players transfers and have youth coming through.....meanwhile Tan continues on his fruitless mission listening to all the wrong people and no doubt wondering where it all goes wrong.....I used to dream of us having a wealthy owner 30 years ago instead of Tony Clemo, but I’m not sure what’s worse.....

Capital is a limited success factor, it’s needed to form and establish physical elements. what’s needed is competence and that is manifested by having the people and more importantly skill sets in place. We’ve have relative capital available at the club for years. Yet we’ve not really moved anywhere.

I’d suggest the car salesman are making decisions without any football foundation. For me that’s not a structure. It’s reckless

Quote Originally Posted by horse_face View Post
    Capital is a limited success factor, it’s needed to form and establish physical elements. what’s needed is competence and that is manifested by having the people and more importantly skill sets in place. We’ve have relative capital available at the club for years. Yet we’ve not really moved anywhere.

I’d suggest the car salesman are making decisions without any football foundation. For me that’s not a structure. It’s reckless

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The thing is it's about more than just money. It's about having the right ambition, the right infrastructure, the right manager AND spending the right amount of money wisely.

In my opinion the club has never had any of the first three requirements and on both occasions we were promoted it didn't invest sufficient money to build on its status. However having the wrong ambition, infrastructure and manager in the first place always meant that no matter how much money was spent the project was likely always doomed to fail.
    When we got promoted last time, I actually thought Bobby Reid and Murphy would do ok, can’t recall who else Warnock signed, but not many more? Reid seems to be ok at Fulham and Murphy is a massive disappointment......maybe a different manager would have bought better....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    When we got promoted last time, I actually thought Bobby Reid and Murphy would do ok, can’t recall who else Warnock signed, but not many more?
    Harry Arter (loan)
    Leandro Bacuna
    Victor Camarasa (loan)
    Greg Cunningham
    Oumar Niasse (loan)
    Alex Smithies

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I hope it's not that simple and thorough questions are asked about what plans he has for the future if given the job longer term.
    Is there anything at all that has happened in City's recent past that leads you to believe this will be the case? And does the constitution of the current board suggest to you that somebody with Mick McCarthy's experience couldn't quickly and easily come up with answers that would satisfy Messers Tan, Dalman, Borley and Choo?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    So much disrespect for Tan who has done one thing wrong in his entire tenure.
    Just the one?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I appreciate that and so does Tan, but he couldn't really care less about what the fans think. Surely the rebrand saga taught you that?
    Hardly any owners care what the fans think. Do you believe Clemo , Rick Wright or Sam Hammam really cared what we think?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Hardly any owners care what the fans think. Do you believe Clemo , Rick Wright or Sam Hammam really cared what we think?
    Clemo definitely did, but he was simply way out of his depth in all respects. Rick Wright I'm not so sure about, although he did seem to enjoy the adulation he got during his first couple of seasons. Hammam certainly did, as evidenced by the fact that he used to spend so much time with supporters and used to positively revel in his public appearances. He also used to get very upset by criticism from the fans to the point where he even published articles in the programme attacking certain individual supporters. Getting his ego massaged by the fans was one of his main motivations for being involved in football. Tan is a different animal altogether. That much has been blatantly obvious almost from the word go.

Harry Arter (loan)
    Leandro Bacuna
    Victor Camarasa (loan)
    Greg Cunningham
    Oumar Niasse (loan)
    Alex Smithies
    Arter, victor and smithies were all good too yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Can't believe that post !
    He's a businessman investing millions - why would he consult fans ?

Many people here for example are automatically negative and obviously have no understanding of the game.

People get confused whether this is professional sport or some kind of community social project.

Just the one?
    I’d say his main job is to find a decent CEO and manager.....still waiting it seems

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Arter, victor and smithies were all good too yeah?
    Uh, yeah. If you say so.

(Actually, I thought Arter was a one-trick pony of limited use, Camarasa was talented but a bit of a shithouse and Smithies didn't make a single Premier League appearance for City).

I wasn't intending to offer an opinion of any sort. You said you couldn't recall who Warnock signed for City's Premier League team, so I just filled in the blanks for you.

Quote Originally Posted by horse_face View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree, there’s a gulf from board from to footballing decisions. We need Tan to be advised by a Sporting Director. Not a Car salesman and a slimy investment banker.

We need a sustainable future not short term rash decisions, which are masqueraded as ‘sensible appointments’
    The jacks have had Alan Curtis for years keeping things stable and ticking over

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    So much disrespect for Tan who has done one thing wrong in his entire tenure.
    That was a pretty big thing. And it showed who he is and how much he knows.

But apart from that, he's just failed to execute time and time again. He has shown poor judgment. He hasn't learned from his mistakes. He doesn't take appropriate action and just literally phones it in.

Club is a basket case.
    If they consulted the fans through the Trust, I'm sure this is one of the points they would bring up.

"The club needs to have an expert in charge of the overall direction we need to go in "

He COULD tell them to go **** themselves but anyone who is open to what their "customers" want would at least bear that in mind.

I'm just sick of this guy doing whatever he wants and then expecting us fans to swallow the whole #CITYASONE bullshit.

Meanwhile, we might have a football club that is in better financial shape but we are going to spend decades watching a merry go round of dinosaurs and journeymen go through the club. We'll become Ipswich or Hull ..... because the club is poorly managed.