+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ian Walsh Has His Say

Ian Walsh Has His Say

Re: Ian Walsh Has His Say

I can just see the JB smirking while giving the interview.
    Bloke's an arse, even if he is right in what he's saying.

He speaks to thousands of our fans does he????

Ian Walsh is right. I'm sure Tan, Dalaman and Choo appointed Mick McCarthy in the hope that he is Warnock Mark II. They are hoping he can get us up the league this season, and have a crack at promotion next season, and possibly we go up. What then, if that happens? Do we give McCarthy a shed load of money only for us to come back down again? Or do we get a newer modern manager in to try and take us forward? I have no faith whatsoever, that Tan & Co. will appoint the right manager when it comes to our club, whatsoever

I used to know Ian Walsh, through working with him, and he is OK. Except when it comes to Swansea City, where he is so on eyed. Of course his club are European champions aren't they? The team that play such superb football they finished below last season and were a division below us the year before. They are much better than us this year though.
    I was a but disappointed when they went in to administration .....twice., When will they learn eh?

The issue is that managers get sacked when things are not going well, which is exactly the wrong time to try and change everything otherwise we may go down. The time to change is when things are going well. So the short term appointment is a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Ian Walsh is right. I'm sure Tan, Dalaman and Choo appointed Mick McCarthy in the hope that he is Warnock Mark II. They are hoping he can get us up the league this season, and have a crack at promotion next season, and possibly we go up. What then, if that happens? Do we give McCarthy a shed load of money only for us to come back down again? Or do we get a newer modern manager in to try and take us forward? I have no faith whatsoever, that Tan & Co. will appoint the right manager when it comes to our club, whatsoever
    If they thought they were getting Colin MarkII would they only be offering a six month deal ? Walsh is a no mark gobshite, Where did he speak to thousands of fans ? These are testing times for all and I think Mick is a decent appointment in the current climate. Nice to see positive quotes from Kav. in that article also.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I used to know Ian Walsh, through working with him, and he is OK. Except when it comes to Swansea City, where he is so on eyed. Of course his club are European champions aren't they? The team that play such superb football they finished below last season and were a division below us the year before. They are much better than us this year though.
    I was a but disappointed when they went in to administration .....twice., When will they learn eh?
    But they were above us the previous 5 years (circa).

I found Kav’s comments more of interest - he’s played under McCarthy and been in the game more recently.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I found Kav’s comments more of interest - he’s played under McCarthy and been in the game more recently.
    Yeah same here. Kav. was commenting on Mick in a positive way whereas The jack just wanted to be negative about the club, no surprise really is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I should imagine they now know that dilemma having gone through two different promotions, first time with an alleged younger modern manager supplied with millions and failed , then we tried it with an old war horse , kept most of the squad in together spend slightly less ( nearly stayed up though ) .

Out of the two you could argue Warnocks attempt was perhaps the better , I do wonder if the Sala thing hadn't hit us , how that would have worked out .

Perhaps the new managers contract should read ( part time only.develop replacement in second season ) allowing the old work horse like Mick to get the immediate issues fixed , old war horse job description is too bring along the assistant future manager skills sets introducing him to the vigor's of day to day squad man management ( that must be so easy ) , including media training , transfer negotiations , motivational skills and the key on man management .

That young manager then shares his duties with the development team and works them into the first team training ,bring along new young modern talent in the background ,you then try and merge the developing talent in layers with the current first team as time moves on the younger manager /players take on more of role and the older manager moves to overseer ( yep DOF ) oooh sounds like a football club process .

Lets be fair if it was that easy most of the CCMB posters would now be coaching all over Europe instead of concentrating on their comments and reviews skill sets

Walsh is Correct! What Tan needs to do is sack Dalman and bring in a Director of Football to oversea Recruitment and the Academy and a Head Coach for the first team and as the Jacks have done! They have worst owners than us but a better DOF, Coach,Players and Academy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Walsh is Correct! What Tan needs to do is sack Dalman and bring in a Director of Football to oversea Recruitment and the Academy and a Head Coach for the first team and as the Jacks have done! They have worst owners than us but a better DOF, Coach,Players and Academy!
    Appears to have some logic, if Kav had suggested what Walsh has stated would it sound sensible?

Spot on for me. Like reading one of my own posts.

Not a massive fan of the insurance salesman. Dont think he's got a real football brain. If he had he would have gone into coaching or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Not a massive fan of the insurance salesman. Dont think he's got a real football brain. If he had he would have gone into coaching or something similar.
    Is he still injured??

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    A Chairman of the club and a Director of Football are completely different jobs. you don't replace one with the other

I'm sure he was injured tripping over a blade of grass when he was here
    He's never forgiven City fans for telling him he was a shit house all those years ago, he's a dyed in the wool one eyed Jack whose probably W*******g himself to death at the prospect of them finishing above us
    He's just a toss pot, with a chip on his shoulders about CCFC

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I can just see the JB smirking while giving the interview.
    Bloke's an arse, even if he is right in what he's saying.
    He's not wrong though

Right or wrong, he is not a very good football commentator. Opinions are half baked, the average arm chair fan would do better

I completely agree with his comments.
    Our owner has been very good from a financial point of view, but other than that it’s all short termism, with no apparent plan for the future.
    The club is drifting.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He's not wrong though
    I know, thats why I said "...even if he is right in what he is saying "

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Right or wrong, he is not a very good football commentator. Opinions are half baked, the average arm chair fan would do better
    Yup. Very biased, huge chip

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Spot on for me. Like reading one of my own posts.
    Please see following quote from Former Labour Leader, which is next in line in the thread after your latest ‘effort’, which succinctly sums up you as well as Ian Walsh :-

“Not a massive fan of the insurance salesman. Dont think he's got a real football brain. If he had he would have gone into coaching or something similar”

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    A Chairman of the club and a Director of Football are completely different jobs. you don't replace one with the other
    Dalman is acting as our DOF recommending Managers and players to Tan based in London and it’s not working? Tan is the Chairman and owner and Choo is his goffer so why not replace Dalman with an experienced DOF?