+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Well done Joe

Re: Well done Joe

who really is running the show in USA ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTnHBd4AM60

Is this Trump's fault as well thought he'd left and good old USA was happy under a new caring management

ALBANY, N.Y.*–*As cities across the nation see*a summer surge in gun violence,*New York Gov.*Andrew Cuomo declared a state of emergency*to*bolster its law enforcement presence in cities where the shootings are on the rise.

Oh dear , US inflation hits 40-year high in new blow for Joe Biden

7% inflation the worst since 1982
    supreme court overturning his covid mandate yesterday for businesses
    his approval rating down to 33 % in a university poll (independents who are crucial in elections show just 25% approval )
    the rasmussen poll which i look at is a mere 38% his lowest ever on that poll
    gun crime last year in the USA was the worst on record
    democrat senator Krysten Senator of Arizona opposed his proposed attempt to change the voting law legislation
    only 199,000 new jobs created less than half that was expected
    i could go on and no ...............

Not a great week for Mr Biden

had the chance to build bridges between Democrats and Republicans in last weeks January 6th speech but made a pigs ear of that too causing further division . parallels with our Boris and has become a lame duck there;s no way back for him now

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    7% inflation the worst since 1982
    supreme court overturning his covid mandate yesterday for businesses
    his approval rating down to 33 % in a university poll (independents who are crucial in elections show just 25% approval )
    the rasmussen poll which i look at is a mere 38% his lowest ever on that poll
    gun crime last year in the USA was the worst on record
    democrat senator Krysten Senator of Arizona opposed his proposed attempt to change the voting law legislation
    only 199,000 new jobs created less than half that was expected
    i could go on and no ...............

Not a great week for Mr Biden

had the chance to build bridges between Democrats and Republicans in last weeks January 6th speech but made a pigs ear of that too causing further division . parallels with our Boris and has become a lame duck there;s no way back for him now
    I'm sure you are correct with most if not all your evidence for a bad Biden week - except for the January 6th speech.

That was not a pigs ear but a long overdue piece of plain and honest speaking about the shower of shite that came before him in the White House. Now and again Biden gets it right!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm sure you are correct with most if not all your evidence for a bad Biden week - except for the January 6th speech.

That was not a pigs ear but a long overdue piece of plain and honest speaking about the shower of shite that came before him in the White House. Now and again Biden gets it right!
    So, Biden may have dementia then? What’s Trump’s excuse I wonder?

seems like his flagship news outlet is beginning to see the wood from the trees on the installed one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rMywANIfDA

the dark forces have alot to answer for ...........

seems like his flagship news outlet is beginning to see the wood from the trees on the installed one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rMywANIfDA

the dark forces have alot to answer for ...........
    Biden wouldn't have won against anybody else. Trump was a neutron bomb to the political landscape and people grew so so sick of him that they would vote for a guy who just doesn't have it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Biden wouldn't have won against anybody else. Trump was a neutron bomb to the political landscape and people grew so so sick of him that they would vote for a guy who just doesn't have it anymore.
    a neutron bomb - that really made me laugh

here's a little mathematical equation to digest

there are just over 153 million registered voters in the US

orange man won 75 million and sleepy joe 81 million ( so they say )

a turnout of 67% was recorded during the 2020 election

work the maths out for yourself

Wasn't Trump's vote the second largest in election history ?? More than Obama ?? Surely not ??

there are just over 153 million registered voters in the US - 168 million, actually.

a turnout of 67% was recorded during the 2020 election - the "turnout" is how percentage of the entire population (252 million) voted in the election (not the percentage of registered voters).

The maths show that Joe Biden won the election by a landslide. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wasn't Trump's vote the second largest in election history ?? More than Obama ?? Surely not ??
    Wasn't Biden's vote the largest vote in election history ?? More than Trump ?? Surely not ??

Interesting point as always mozzer2! I'm always happy to have a go at a maths riddle, so let's get stuck in.

Voter turnout is based on eligible voters, not those registered. That's about 240 million, so the percentage checks out. Phew!

Orange man was closer to 74 million than 75, but we can let that go.

As for registered voters, it seems that it was 153 million in 2016 but a healthy 168 million in 2020.

Goodness me! I was worried that some primary school maths was going to unravel everything!

Speaking of The Big Lie, sorry I mean the Dark Forces, there's lots of interesting developments. Some of them already being discussed on the Trump thread. Surprised not to see you there yet as it's right up your street!

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    there are just over 153 million registered voters in the US - 168 million, actually.

a turnout of 67% was recorded during the 2020 election - the "turnout" is how percentage of the entire population (252 million) voted in the election (not the percentage of registered voters).

The maths show that Joe Biden won the election by a landslide. Get over it.
    I had difficulty understanding the previous poster's statistics. The current population of the US is approx. 332 million. If his figures were right it would suggest over half the population of the country are minors!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I had difficulty understanding the previous poster's statistics. The current population of the US is approx. 332 million. If his figures were right it would suggest over half the population of the country are minors!
    Oh dear. I've realised that I've made a couple of errors in my post. It should have said "the percentage" instead of "how percentage" and "adult population" (i.e. those who are eligible to vote) instead of just "population".

I got the figures from the US Census https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...n/p20-585.html

Oh dear. I've realised that I've made a couple of errors in my post. It should have said "the percentage" instead of "how percentage" and "adult population" (i.e. those who are eligible to vote) instead of just "population".

I got the figures from the US Census https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...n/p20-585.html
    Sorry I wasn't referring to your post, that was very enlightening; it was someone who posted earlier who is obviously still traumatised by Trump's defeat 👍

It confuses me too.

If you see 75 + 81 = more than the number of voters, then there's only two explanations:

1. Despite it being the most scrutinised and talked about election in all of history, nobody spotted a basic mathematical discrepancy for over a year.

2. The figures are wrong.

Why anyone would plough ahead with number 1 without even pausing to check number 2 is beyond me!

Wasn't Biden's vote the largest vote in election history ?? More than Trump ?? Surely not ??
    Of course it was but Trump bettering Obama is both amazing and worrying in terms of the USA expecially after the two terms of Obama politics, you'd think it would've be a better place and the electorate would have bought into the Obama policies and the dawn of a new way of American politics within the USA and abroad, surely thevUSA was headed up by great president??

Of course it was but Trump bettering Obama is both amazing and worrying in terms of the USA expecially after the two terms of Obama politics, you'd think it would've be a better place and the electorate would have bought into the Obama policies and the dawn of a new way of American politics within the USA and abroad, surely thevUSA was headed up by great president??
    Not if you're a White Supremacist

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It confuses me too.

If you see 75 + 81 = more than the number of voters, then there's only two explanations:

1. Despite it being the most scrutinised and talked about election in all of history, nobody spotted a basic mathematical discrepancy for over a year.

2. The figures are wrong.

Why anyone would plough ahead with number 1 without even pausing to check number 2 is beyond me!
    Exactly 👍

That's a very weird take, I must say.

Trump didn't "better" Obama as it wasn't a contest between them in 2020. He lost to Biden by seven million
    actual votes
    and 74 electoral college votes though.

I have no doubt that if he had come up against Obama instead of Biden then that chasm would have been even greater.

The turnout for the last election was the biggest in US history, which is why both candidates ended up with the unprecedented amount of votes that they received.

It would be wise to remember that Trump actually lost the popular vote to Hilary Clinton in 2016 too (by 3 million votes), meaning that he has had fewer votes than both of his counterparts he's faced in the two Presidential elections he's entered.

If Trump couldn't even match Hilary's popular vote count, how do you think he could have come close to someone who is/was as popular as Barack Obama?

You might want to process that information before you think about replying with something which is equally as (or more) nonsensical as your previous post.

That's a very weird take, I must say.

Trump didn't "better" Obama as it wasn't a contest between them in 2020. He lost to Biden by seven million
    actual votes
    and 74 electoral college votes though.

I have no doubt that if he had come up against Obama instead of Biden then that chasm would have been even greater.

The turnout for the last election was the biggest in US history, which is why both candidates ended up with the unprecedented amount of votes that they received.

It would be wise to remember that Trump actually lost the popular vote to Hilary Clinton in 2016 too (by 3 million votes), meaning that he has had fewer votes than both of his counterparts he's faced in the two Presidential elections he's entered.

If Trump couldn't even match Hilary's popular vote count, how do you think he could have come close to someone who is/was as popular as Barack Obama?

You might want to process that information before you think about replying with something which is equally as (more) nonsensical as your previous post.
    Old Confusius saying...

"Put brain in gear before moving mouth"

Old Confusius saying...

"Put brain in gear before moving mouth"
    Brain in MOMENT gear moment , I'm guessing you know what was being said all along below is a list of the votes cast against each person in order :

Candidate Year Party Popular vote
    Joe Biden 2020 Democratic 81,268,924[1] Winner.
    Donald Trump 2020 Republican 74,216,154[1] Runner-up.
    Barack Obama 2008 Democratic 69,498,516[2] Winner.
    Barack Obama 2012 Democratic 65,915,795[3] Winner.
    Hillary Clinton 2016 Democratic 65,853,514[4] Runner-up. W
    Donald Trump 2016 Republican 62,984,828[4] Winner.

Just below Donny runner up moment is Obama's votes , hope this make it clearer .

Brain in MOMENT gear moment is easy for you to say.

Brain in MOMENT gear moment , I'm guessing you know what was being said all along below is a list of the votes cast against each person in order :

Candidate Year Party Popular vote
    Joe Biden 2020 Democratic 81,268,924[1] Winner.
    Donald Trump 2020 Republican 74,216,154[1] Runner-up.
    Barack Obama 2008 Democratic 69,498,516[2] Winner.
    Barack Obama 2012 Democratic 65,915,795[3] Winner.
    Hillary Clinton 2016 Democratic 65,853,514[4] Runner-up. W
    Donald Trump 2016 Republican 62,984,828[4] Winner.

Just below Donny runner up moment is Obama's votes , hope this make it clearer .
    Ah you're saying that Obama's win in 2008 was more notable than trump's win in 2016. I getcha.