+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ipswich forum MM

Ipswich forum MM

Re: Ipswich forum MM

He had a long tennership at Ipswich , his sides always made it tough for us , hated playing Ipswich .

I didn't remember them being that long ball either ,just played to thier strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He had a long tennership at Ipswich , his sides always made it tough for us , hated playing Ipswich .

I didn't remember them being that long ball either ,just played to thier strengths.
    In his interview he said he always hated coming to Ninian Park, we kept beating them (although I don't think he specified that was Ipswich).

BTW, I think you mean 'tenure'.

"The reason Norwich Swansea and Brentford are top of the Championship is because neither of the clubs will employ dinosaurs like McCarthy,he may be a handy bloke if you're in the bottom 3 and need him to keep you up but going forward? nah."

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

We played Ipswich 9 times during MM's tenure our record was;

5W 3D 1L

Three of those wins we stuck 3 past them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "The reason Norwich Swansea and Brentford are top of the Championship is because neither of the clubs will employ dinosaurs like McCarthy,he may be a handy bloke if you're in the bottom 3 and need him to keep you up but going forward? nah."
    Norwich fan to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    We played Ipswich 9 times during MM's tenure our record was;

5W 3D 1L

Three of those wins we stuck 3 past them.
    The home team in the games with the East Anglia clubs have usually won. I expect it's the travelling.
    Our away record over there is appalling but I expect our home record v Norwich and Ipswich is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Norwich fan to be fair.
    Doesn’t matter who he supports he’s bang on the money

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The home team in the games with the East Anglia clubs have usually won. I expect it's the travelling.
    Our away record over there is appalling but I expect our home record v Norwich and Ipswich is very good.
    Oh dear. Youve had a right mare here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Yes, our away record in that part of the world is dreadful. In 53 trips to either Norwich or Ipswich, we've won 8 and lost 32. It's true to say we've won more in Cardiff than either Ipswich or Norwich, but in 56 home games against both, we've won 24 and lost 22. We've won 1 more home game against each than we've lost.

You could add Cambridge and Peterborough into the mix as well. 29 away games against them combined and we've won 3, losing 18. Peterborough have won more matches in Cardiff than we have against them at home (6-5) though our home record against Cambridge is tidy enough.

Well all I can say is that if a former manager gets stick on a football forum then that's pretty strong evidence that he's a complete idiot.

Didn't Mr Tan even seek the opinion of every half wit in Ipswich and Wolverhampton to make sure every last one of them approved of the previous manager ?

Surely they'll cancel the appointment now that this has come to light ?

And it was (probably) bottom of the table Peterborough that broke that home win streak we had with MM (not to be confused with MMc) that more or less got us promoted. Didn't they do the double over us that year?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Which is exactly why we have hired him.

Nice validation. (not that I care)