+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: anyone on here able to fit a shower pump for me?

anyone on here able to fit a shower pump for me?

Got a 2 bed in Pontrennau and had a new bathroom fitted. Got the old fashioned boiler and airing cupboard and the pressure from the new shower is awful

Re: anyone on here able to fit a shower pump for me?

Get a new boiler. You'll save money on bills and it will add value to your place.

It's rented out....

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    It's rented out....
    Have they complained yet?

It's my nephew 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Have they complained yet?

I despise landlords. The scourge of this country.

I despise tenants , but Tomcat, it's against the law to rent residential premises to someone where the water and water heating facilities are insufficient.
    Write to the landlord or agent saying the shower doesn't work and they'll have to send a plumber round. Let him work out how to fx it because he might well recommend a new boiler or power shower, which they'll probably do.

( I don't really despise tenants btw)

P.s
    The reason I say WRITE to them is because if you telephone they might well brush it off and later claim that you hadn't made your complaint clear .

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I despise tenants , but Tomcat, it's against the law to rent residential premises to someone where the water and water heating facilities are insufficient.
    Write to the landlord or agent saying the shower doesn't work and they'll have to send a plumber round. Let him work out how to fx it because he might well recommend a new boiler or power shower, which they'll probably do.

( I don't really despise tenants btw)
    I own the house and it is in fantastic condition from top to bottom, I would just like my nephew to have a more powerful shower

I own the house and it is in fantastic condition from top to bottom, I would just like my nephew to have a more powerful shower
    Where is the water feeder tank to the boiler? Could that be raised significantly?
    It's really easy to fit a pump to the water pipe for the shower. What is the problem here?

The water tank is in the loft, but probably only about 2 foot higher than the shower head. Originally the plumber replaced it with a new mixer shower with a rainfall head just below the ceiling and a smaller one below which was hopeless as the tube was huge. He swapped it for a mixer with just one smaller head but the flow is still pretty crap. The airing cupboard has tons of room, and every pipe is individually labelled with what looks like a luggage label, along with a diagram in the wall

does he smell that badask sludge for deodorant advice

The water tank is in the loft, but probably only about 2 foot higher than the shower head.
    Probably that's the root of the problem. For any pressure in the system you've got, the feeder tank has to be higher than the shower head (but I'm guessing you know that) - and the higher the tank the better the pressure. In my house, before we changed the system, the feeder tank was in the loft and raised by polystyrene blocks resting on the joists, so that the water level in the feeder tank was raised. It's all to do with the measurement between the level of the top of the water in the tank and the shower head. It should be a minimum of a metre.

Check this out: https://www.tradeplumbing.co.uk/how-...your%20area%20.

You'll see some fixes here for the problem.
    Raising the level of the tank is easy, as I've described, providing you've got the space in the loft.
    Fitting a pump is just a matter of connecting the pump to the hot water feed and making an electrical connection. Simples.
    Or you could just fit an electric shower, connecting to the mains.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Probably that's the root of the problem. For any pressure in the system you've got, the feeder tank has to be higher than the shower head (but I'm guessing you know that) - and the higher the tank the better the pressure. In my house, before we changed the system, the feeder tank was in the loft and raised by polystyrene blocks resting on the joists, so that the water level in the feeder tank was raised. It's all to do with the measurement between the level of the top of the water in the tank and the shower head. It should be a minimum of a metre.

Check this out: https://www.tradeplumbing.co.uk/how-...your%20area%20.

You'll see some fixes here for the problem.
    Raising the level of the tank is easy, as I've described, providing you've got the space in the loft.
    Fitting a pump is just a matter of connecting the pump to the hot water feed and making an electrical connection. Simples.
    Or you could just fit an electric shower, connecting to the mains.

Now........about my fee...............

Can't find anyone who can fit one ☹️

Can't find anyone who can fit one ☹️
    Try these guys. They fitted a new bathroom for us about 18 months ago.
    We also need a pump fitted in a different bathroom at some point and they said they could do it. We just haven't got around to asking them yet.

https://mphplumbers.co.uk