+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seven decades of Cardiff City v Barnsley matches.

Seven decades of Cardiff City v Barnsley matches.

Re: Seven decades of Cardiff City v Barnsley matches.

60's George Kerr

70's Pat Howard

80's Mick McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    80's Mick McCarthy
    All correct.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    80's Mick McCarthy
    Whatever happened to him?

10s Scott Wiseman

90s Neil Redfearn

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Whatever happened to him?

10s Scott Wiseman
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    90s Neil Redfearn
    Yes.

The 00s is Kevin Betsy. The reference to that Indian Ocean Island Games final gave it away. Nearly 10 years ago now, still seems like yesterday to me though.

The 20s is Victor Adeboyejo.

The 00s is Kevin Betsy. The reference to that Indian Ocean Island Games final gave it away. Nearly 10 years ago now, still seems like yesterday to me though.

The 20s is Victor Adeboyejo.
    Both answers are right - I thought Setanta's coverage of the Games was superb and what a pleasant surprise it was to have Clive Tyldesley commentating on the Final.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Both answers are right - I thought Setanta's coverage of the Games was superb and what a pleasant surprise it was to have Clive Tyldesley commentating on the Final.
    Martin Tyler still regrets turning it down apparently, hardly surprising. I still can't understand why Mauritius left Neil Alexander in goal for the penalty shoot-out, that was never going to end well for them.

You mentioning Mick McCarthy there reminds me that I've been looking for a quote from Josh Yorwerth about him when he joined Ipswich. I remember putting it on here at the time but I can't find it now. I've googled 'interesting things said by Loramski' but nothing came up. I probably need to change my search engine. I'll stick it in the Academy thread if I find it.

Martin Tyler still regrets turning it down apparently, hardly surprising. I still can't understand why Mauritius left Neil Alexander in goal for the penalty shoot-out, that was never going to end well for them.

You mentioning Mick McCarthy there reminds me that I've been looking for a quote from Josh Yorwerth about him when he joined Ipswich. I remember putting it on here at the time but I can't find it now. I've googled 'interesting things said by Loramski' but nothing came up. I probably need to change my search engine. I'll stick it in the Academy thread if I find it.
    I found this on the excellent TWTD site. Such a shame about Josh Yorwerth who I believe has more talent than many who are now playing at this level, but, clearly, his head wasn't right as far as being a professional footballer was concerned - you may just have noticed that I'm pretty critical of the club when it comes to the Academy, but I don't think they can be blamed for the way Yorwerth's career worked out.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...tial/onthisday

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I found this on the excellent TWTD site. Such a shame about Josh Yorwerth who I believe has more talent than many who are now playing at this level, but, clearly, his head wasn't right as far as being a professional footballer was concerned - you may just have noticed that I'm pretty critical of the club when it comes to the Academy, but I don't think they can be blamed for the way Yorwerth's career worked out.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...tial/onthisday
    Yes, silly boy.

I found this one piece from a Loan Watch around that time, I think there's another one though.

Can't finish without mentioning Josh Yorwerth, 120 minutes for him as Ipswich beat Doncaster 4-1 in the cup. An interesting quote from him this week about how he is benefiting from working with senior players at Ipswich, "Sometimes you feel nervous going into training, such are the high standards. I never got that at Cardiff."