+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CARDIFF CITY TRAINING SESSION

CARDIFF CITY TRAINING SESSION

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...a-cc2bf408ded3

I actually enjoyed that
    For me some good points were Glatzel's finishing. Harris wasn't lying on that.
    Murphy and Hoilett seem happy. I'm hoping Mick is the one to get Murphy playing at his best.
    Mick talking about chasing for bits n pieces and closing down which we didn't do well under Harris
    Mick telling Wilson in the school yard type of way " Off you go see you later " when Wilson sends a shot wide and has to fetch it
    Maybe i'm easily pleased but i could have watched that for an hour

Re: CARDIFF CITY TRAINING SESSION

Brilliant to watch, seems to be encouraging shorter passes and moving the ball more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post

I actually enjoyed that
    Murphy and Hoilett seem happy. I'm hoping Mick is the one to get Murphy playing at his best.
    Mick talking about chasing for bits n pieces and closing down which we didn't do well under Harris
    Mick telling Wilson in the school yard type of way " Off you go see you later " when Wilson sends a shot wide and has to fetch it
    He's on 'em 'Get into each other' Fair play to Mick, getting the intensity up, all basic stuff by the sounds of it, although i liked the shout of 'Press the ball' something we haven't done ever! Building confidence and making it fun by the looks of things.

Brilliant.see our midfielders can pass it forward but the best bit was McCarthy said "If you wanna be in my team thats what you gotta do"or words to that effect.

Gave me a lift watching that.

The thing I noticed too was he had to remind the players playing behind the front men to squeeze up too when the front men were pressing high.A fault thats been present all season imo as sides are finding it to easy to pass through us atm.

I hope none of our opponents get hold of that. They’ll know that our plan is to take shots and score some goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I hope none of our opponents get hold of that. They’ll know that our plan is to take shots and score some goals.
    That was just a ruse. We're going to fool them by not doing either of those things.

I actually enjoyed that
    150% agree, although I'm not confident that he'll get the best out of Josh. Not the first very good manager to try and he might just be one of those players who never fully translates his undoubted top quality into consistent performances.
    Hope I'm wrong on that of course because I really like the boy and want him to suceed. I was wrong about Lee Tomlin, but then he's another one who might rub MM up the wrong way.

International

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    150% agree, although I'm not confident that he'll get the best out of Josh. Not the first very good manager to try and he might just be one of those players who never fully translates his undoubted top quality into consistent performances.
    Hope I'm wrong on that of course because I really like the boy and want him to suceed. I was wrong about Lee Tomlin, but then he's another one who might rub MM up the wrong way.
    I can't see why Tomlin would. If McCarthy spends a lot of time at the training ground Tomlin will probably never see him.

“You’re a wizard, Harry” 😂

Not my choice but he's such a no nonsense likeable fella i really hope he does well with us.

That was a good watch. Have we recalled Ciaron Brown as there was a ponytailed centreback playing

Good watch that.

Interesting to see the other side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I can't see why Tomlin would. If McCarthy spends a lot of time at the training ground Tomlin will probably never see him.

Good point.
    I tend to think MM is a bit like Sir Neil in his attitudes and they say that Lee Tomlin is a bit flippant. Genius , but doesn't like being told what to do so they say.
    Probably why NH got so much out of him, because I think he largely let's people do and say what they like, which can also have negative effects of course.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Good point.
    I tend to think MM is a bit like Sir Neil in his attitudes and they say that Lee Tomlin is a bit flippant. Genius , but doesn't like being told what to do so they say.
    Probably why NH got so much out of him, because I think he largely let's people do and say what they like, which can also have negative effects of course.
    We need to get tough if that's the case and make it a misery for whoever doesn't toe the line

Not my choice but he's such a no nonsense likeable fella i really hope he does well with us.
    He dealt with that wedgie in the first 20 seconds without any hesitation. Impressive tbf.

a lesson in humour for our younger viewers

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    That was a good watch. Have we recalled Ciaron Brown as there was a ponytailed centreback playing
    Looked like Aden Flint to me

I got a funny feeling he might do alright

Still think we're directionless but I have absolutely no fears of relegation

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Looked like Aden Flint to me
    Thanks. I forgot he'd come back and grown his hair since he last featured for us

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I got a funny feeling he might do alright
    I'm pretty sure he'll do alright and I'm absolutely certain he'll get this team playing better football and earning better results than the last fella. It may take a little while, though. Confidence is clearly low at the moment and turning things around is likely to be a steady process given the fact that this team wasn't playing particularly well even when they were winning games in November and December.

All good. As are the comments above, some from unlikely sources too.

Problem is, the last training session with NH would have looked very similar.
    Everyone likes to see one two's, quick ball and players scoring.
    This is what you get playing on pitches that size for that length of time with those size goals.

Don't wanna sound like a killjoy but I'll save my judgement until a proper 11 a side game on a full size pitch with proper opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    All good. As are the comments above, some from unlikely sources too.

Problem is, the last training session with NH would have looked very similar.
    Everyone likes to see one two's, quick ball and players scoring.
    This is what you get playing on pitches that size for that length of time with those size goals.

Don't wanna sound like a killjoy but I'll save my judgement until a proper 11 a side game on a full size pitch with proper opponents.
    I know what your saying but my post was regarding other things that went on

Whatever happened to those thirty seven shots a game we were supposed to be getting under Neil Harris?

He's said he'll find a style to suit the players he's got. I wonder how fans will react to that and whether Harris would have got away with saying the same thing rather than haphazardly trying to develop our play? It always seems easier to go back-to-basics rather than developing a more progressive style, especially if money is tight and lack of youngsters ready to step up.

I've seen nothing/heard nothing so far to suggest Mick will be here longer term, but I also like him as a person and am happy (so far) that we'll be adding out name to the list of clubs he's managed.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He's said he'll find a style to suit the players he's got. I wonder how fans will react to that and whether Harris would have got away with saying the same thing rather than haphazardly trying to develop our play?
    I hope it means he's going to try to properly employ the wide men and stretch the play across the width of the pitch a good bit more often. City have Hoilett, Wilson, Ojo and Murphy in the ranks, and they're all capable players at this level, but front men very rarely seem to get decent service from wide positions. I'm sure McCarthy will be looking to address that.