+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: BARNSLEY 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: BARNSLEY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ll double your three - we signed Gunnar six managers ago.
    I'll triple your 3 (no I haven't counted) we signed Bobby Woodruff in the 60's

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    A complete waste of time. We may as well kick it out for a goal kick. This is the third manager in a row that seems to think that long throws are good idea. When's it going to end?
    We've had some good takers of long throws but Vaulks' come down with snow on top. They need to be flatter, they're too difficult to attack, they're looped up and all you can do is get a flick on when you've got to generate all the power yourself. Some of Gunnar's throws could get glanced on or even attacked.

Re: FT: BARNSLEY 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Leggs long throws were really effective.

Since then pretty crap.

Our style wasn’t cultured enough to be called route one. Let’s see what happens Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Take the point in our position. Bit of fight also.

The match must have broken some sort of Championship record for the most single touches, horrible quality from both teams overall.

So many players unable to take a touch and control or have no interest in doing so, Ralls, Vaulks, Flint, Bagan, Nelson in particular were guilty of just hammering it, but you could really name them all. Smithies looked the most assured footballer.
    The pitch was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Dreadful performance
    Totally agree. Good to see the second half fight but there is no getting away from the fact that our football is about level with Newport County.
    Shows the need for a new manager with a modern outlook to get some players out and replace them and start us playing simple pass and move stuff

Would have taken 2-2 at ko! Valuable point even if rubbish game. Could hear Mick McM bellowing away in the background. What about Rotherham tonight! Classic championship stuff - gives hope that anyone can beat anyone in this league.

How we got away with a point there I don’t know.

Should have gone in 4-0 down at half time.

I didn’t see a plan

I didn’t see any leadership

I did see a non existent midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    How we got away with a point there I don’t know.

Should have gone in 4-0 down at half time.

I didn’t see a plan

I didn’t see any leadership

I did see a non existent midfield.
    We’ve just lost 6 in row, our confidence is on the floor and it’s a cold, wet , windy night in Barnsley against a team who play with a high intensity press. What were you expecting? Us to start popping ball about like we are Norwich or Brentford all of a sudden?

Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy gave his thoughts to the press and media after the Bluebirds earned a 2-2 draw against Barnsley on Wednesday evening.

City fought from two goals down to secure a point against the Tykes, and the boss was impressed by the manner in which his side responded to the tough situation at Oakwell.

“I am delighted to get a point.” Mick began. “We got the lads together on the training pitch and told them that we can only succeed together. I thought they showed a real willingness tonight to stick together, and we had to, to get a point out of it.

“I think we could learn a little bit from Barnsley, and the way they went about their job in the first half. They were very committed, very determined and made it a real scrap. I thought we matched them for most of it, but their goals both came from a restart, which was really disappointing.

“But the way we came back and the way we responded, fought fire with fire, I’m delighted. It does show that there is character, spirit and belief in these players. I have to give them real credit for getting back into it, getting a draw and even threatening to nick it.”

He continued: “Kieffer Moore had a tough old evening, but he stood up to it and ended up getting his goal, so I’m thrilled for him. I’d like others to get some goals from elsewhere, of course. We can’t keep relying on one man, and when he was injured you could see how the team missed him.

“I picked the team based on what I saw in training over two days. They’ve got to impress me there. We’ve got a good squad of players, and when they get in the team, they’ve got to stay in the team. Josh Murphy came off the bench and had an impact today which is brilliant and is progress for both him and for us.”

With the fixture list congested as ever over the next few weeks, McCarthy concluded with a look ahead to Saturday’s clash with Millwall at Cardiff City Stadium.

“We’ve scrapped out a really good point tonight, and hopefully it will give the players a shot of confidence. We’ll have to recover tomorrow, and then make plans for Millwall. We’ve got the game on Saturday and then we do have a free week, but then it’s back to Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday.”

Mick added, expressing his gratitude to Wednesday's hosts: “I’d like to give Barnsley a bit of a big-up for supporting Sol Bamba, and wearing the t-shirts during the warm-up. I thought that was a really nice touch and showed a lot of class.”

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...cceed-together

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Totally agree. Good to see the second half fight but there is no getting away from the fact that our football is about level with Newport County.
    Shows the need for a new manager with a modern outlook to get some players out and replace them and start us playing simple pass and move stuff
    Mick must thank God he's got Keifer Moore in the squad because he hasn't got much else.

I saw nothing of a plan

No tactics no clear formation

It was very poor

I saw nothing of a plan

It was very poor
    And we got a point. We showed some bollocks at last.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Bit harsh on County that. Serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    What does Joe Ralls offer us?
    Very little quality. A doppelganger of Vaulks.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    When not played out of position, I think he's a decent player. Puts in a shift, doesn't shirk from tackles, capable of scoring a few goals.
    He's poor at passing and doesn't know how to get on the right side of the player he's supposed to be tackling.

I saw nothing of a plan

It was very poor
    We’d all like to see an instant improvement on the utter rubbish that we had to suffer under Harris, but at least we didn’t lose again!

The fact that McCarthy chose a different starting XI, that took most is by surprise (and I don’t even rate Flint!) felt refreshing.

Yeah refreshing to see no Morrison and Wilson. 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah refreshing to see no Morrison and Wilson. 😂😂😂
    Can you imagine if Harris had picked that side? Somehow I dont think it would have been described as 'refreshing'

Mick McCarthy had two days training to apparently put a bit plan in place and changes things almost overnight.

While the pro Harris group are getting their claws into McCarthy what they are actually doing is highlighting how completely $hite we've been under Harris and how clueless we have looked. There is going to be some hangover from the Harris era. Or do you not think Mick should have time like Harris was given?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Can you imagine if Harris had picked that side? Somehow I dont think it would have been described as 'refreshing'

You seem to have answered your own question.

Harris would never have picked that side as he didn't know what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah refreshing to see no Morrison and Wilson. 
    Yes very!

Did you want them both in the side then after our great run of 6 straight defeats and do EXACTLY the same thing?

Or even better, bring back Harris!

Increasingly deluded and just embarrassing yourself now.

He got a point without starting Morrison and Wilson. He brought the former on later in the game.

When he works with them more he will give Wilson game time if he shows he deserves it.

I found it refreshing that if you're just going through the motions then you aren't guaranteed a start.

Maybe Mick doesn't say group enough. Maybe he doesn't promise enough and go on long enough records of getting beaten. I don't know, it has certainly shown the 'you must back him as he is manager of Cardiff City' posters as hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Yes very!

Did you want them both in the side then after our great run of 6 straight defeats and do EXACTLY the same thing?

Or even better, bring back Harris!

Increasingly deluded and just embarrassing yourself now.
    Yes I want them both in the side.

Given that Morrison is probably our best player (along with Moore), it was a shock that he was left out of the starting lineup. As for Wilson he has underperformed in his time with us and frankly doesn't deserve a place.

Choosing Flint over Morrison is baffling unless of course Morrison was nursing an injury..