+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ciaron Brown

Ciaron Brown

I’ve seen speculation that we may be recalling him his loan, but i don’t believe anything’s come of it. However, I notice that he’s not in the Livingston team or on the bench for them for their League Cup Semi Final today. Given his recent performance against Celtic, I can’t believe he’s been dropped, so is he injured, suspended or is he on his way back here.

Story’s like this one show he’s been doing well up in Scotland;-

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-defoe-feature

Re: Ciaron Brown

Can't be suspended - he's only had three bookings this season.

isn't his loan due to end at the end of January?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    isn't his loan due to end at the end of January?
    Do half season loans last until the end of January in Scotland then? I don’t know, but, even if they do, you would have thought a club like Livingston with no sort of cup record to talk about in their brief history would want to pick him for such a big game.

There's a ponytailed defender in the training video, is that him?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    There's a ponytailed defender in the training video, is that him?
    Looking again, looks like it is Flint, so no

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Looking again, looks like it is Flint, so no
    I don’t know, Flint with his longer hair is there, but there is someone else there with a ponytail who looks quite like Brown - can’t believe there wouldn’t have been a confirmation somewhere on social media about it if he was back here though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t know, Flint with his longer hair is there, but there is someone else there with a ponytail who looks quite like Brown - can’t believe there wouldn’t have been a confirmation somewhere on social media about it if he was back here though.
    Suspended apparently with his Manager saying that he is "gutted for him" on missing out. I know TLG says that he has only been booked 3 times this season but perhaps the Cup is different,

Got sent off in the draw against Celtic. He scored a goal & got an assist for Jet in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Suspended apparently with his Manager saying that he is "gutted for him" on missing out. I know TLG says that he has only been booked 3 times this season but perhaps the Cup is different,
    Thanks, I see two of his three bookings have come in the Scottish League Cup, so that probably explains the suspension- not sure who that player is in the training video then.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Got sent off in the draw against Celtic. He scored a goal & got an assist for Jet in that game.
    It was Scott Brown who was sent off in that match wasn’t it - there’s nothing on Soccerbase saying Ciaron Brown was red carded.

It was Scott Brown who was sent off in that match wasn’t it - there’s nothing on Soccerbase saying Ciaron Brown was red carded.
    That's correct TOBW. Scott Brown came on as sub and was almost immediately sent off.

It might be that McCarthy wants to have a proper look at him before deciding whether he should come back or stay at Livingston. I know that Norwich had their loanees come back as much as once a week to keep an eye on them, so it might be him if he's suspended and his loan is due to end in a week?

Maybe bring his manager back with him in the summer as well, he's got them on a tremendous run

Seems obvious that Cardiff won't extend the loan when we've got absolutely no serious option if a centre back is injured. Noted that Flnt was training though, so maybe he's fit again ?
    When he left here he wasn't good enough for the first team or bench, but maybe he's come on
    sufficiently to be an option now . ( I wouldn't take his record in Scotland to mean too much because the general standard outside the big clubs there is bloody awful and very slow). Might be though , because none of that means they don't produce some good players who can up their game elswhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    That's correct TOBW. Scott Brown came on as sub and was almost immediately sent off.
    I saw the game. Our Brown was MOM.
    Scott wacked a player within minutes of coming on. Idiot.