+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man U v Liverpool

Man U v Liverpool

Strange feel to this.

You get the feeling Liverpool will be desperate to win a game considering their recent form.

Ole will shirley have one eye on the title.

Could be a hiding for MU if they aren't on their game.

Re: Man U v Liverpool

What's really nice is because it's BBC you ain't got garry neville and Carragher creaming their pants.

Agree with that.
    Commentary is minimal which I like, we've all got eyes, and Jermaine Jenus is unbiased and knowledgeable.

Looked like when Salah scored early it could be a bit one way.
    MU then got the equaliser and looked the better side before going ahead, Klopp looking decidedly rattled.
    They looked comfortable until Cavani gave the ball away in MF and Liverpool equalised.

End to end with Liverpool now looking good.

Helluva game fair play.

I love watching football on BBC.

SKY and BT present it a bit too 'show like', whereas the BBC lean more to the attitude that it's a sport, so "lets watch it and enjoy".

Ankle breaking tackle by sane 5 minutes ago

He was lucky there

Another ref who supported Man United as a kid then and they’ve still got their penalty to come, so they should be alright now.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

SKY and BT present it a bit too 'show like', whereas the BBC lean more to the attitude that it's a sport, so "lets watch it and enjoy".
    And you get to see Alan Shearer in his baggy flat cap, which annoys the hell out of Sludge 😉, so it's a win-win all around.

Great skills and passing on show.
    Good to see players running onto a pass in front of them rather than always to feet

It's disgraceful how easy Rashford made that finish look

Enjoyed that, hundred times the game between them at Anfield recently was.

Its so much better on the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Enjoyed that, hundred times the game between them at Anfield recently was.
    Less at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its so much better on the BBC
    Gets much higher viewing figures too, more football should be on terrestrial tv.

Possibly less at stake as the premier league is the ultimate goal.
    It's far too early to be talking titles but it's another loss for the all conquering Liverpool though, and a confidence booster for OGS and his "would-be champions".
    Winning becomes habit but so does losing.

Thought Liverpool would win today but it seems the United hunger is there.
    They also have options whereas Klopp seems to have stuck with his old faithfuls which looks to be looking a little tired.

Whatever people think about OGS, his sides produce entertaining football.

I can't stand Guy Mowbray though. Steve Wilson is a much better commentator.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's disgraceful how easy Rashford made that finish look
    Unbelievable pass for Greenwoods goal too, inch perfect

I think it’s fair to say that most City fans struggled to understand what Ole was trying to do when he was our manager. Tactics, formations and teams changed by the week and, because we were struggling, it was perceived that he didn’t have a clue. By contrast, I read an article on Ole a few days ago praising him for his flexibility and lack of a plan/philosophy- maybe there’s some truth in that, but I still think he didn’t have a clue, albeit in what was a very tough job, when he was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think it’s fair to say that most City fans struggled to understand what Ole was trying to do when he was our manager. Tactics, formations and teams changed by the week and, because we were struggling, it was perceived that he didn’t have a clue. By contrast, I read an article on Ole a few days ago praising him for his flexibility and lack of a plan/philosophy- maybe there’s some truth in that, but I still think he didn’t have a clue, albeit in what was a very tough job, when he was here.
    A rabbit in headlights when he was here.

Although I will say he didn't have a massive amount of time to come up with a recipe for survival with someone else's squad and brought in the best available and willing players. Not easy to attract as how many would want to come to a struggling team with an owner who was perceived at the time to be a bit of a tyrant?

He's another who will have learnt a fair bit since he was with us.

I think it's also fair to say that playing good attacking football is a lot easier when you have good attacking players.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    And you get to see Alan Shearer in his baggy flat cap, which annoys the hell out of Sludge 😉, so it's a win-win all around.
    I was waiting for him if he showed out

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I can't stand Guy Mowbray though. Steve Wilson is a much better commentator.
    Agreed. I think he'd be a good shout to replace Tyler when he finally retires. Wilson deserves to be lead at a major broadcaster.

I suppose when you have the tools and support at your disposal the job is made easier , OGS seems to know how to attack ,play entertaining football , he's obviously made of stern stuff , as many more illustrious managers before him have failed at a club where the expectations are so high .