+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have a subscription to The Times?

Re: Anyone have a subscription to The Times?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post

That could have helped but the Times crossword is cryptic

Ron Liddle is a horrible far right tosspot

Rod Liddle, should get his facts right, Cardiff have not been around the 3rd tier for most of their existence.......Millwall have though!

The rest of the article is OK, positive about McCarthy,. and he is right that most clubs think they are bigger than they are. Our rightful position over our history is mid table 2nd tier.

Maybe we missed a trick with Jayne Ludlow?? Or was Mick appointed before she left, I could have mad a mint as she was no where in the betting. She may, as Bob says. be popular up where he lives but was pretty much not like buy most of the Welsh squad (from someone I know who is in the squad). She seems like women's Neil Warnock.

You can't expect a Millwall fan to write anything nice about City though.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Rod Liddle, should get his facts right, Cardiff have not been around the 3rd tier for most of their existence.......Millwall have though!

The rest of the article is OK, positive about McCarthy,. and he is right that most clubs think they are bigger than they are. Our rightful position over our history is mid table 2nd tier.

Maybe we missed a trick with Jayne Ludlow?? Or was Mick appointed before she left, I could have mad a mint as she was no where in the betting. She may, as Bob says. be popular up where he lives but was pretty much not like buy most of the Welsh squad (from someone I know who is in the squad). She seems like women's Neil Warnock.

You can't expect a Millwall fan to write anything nice about City though.
    You mention something that occurred to me while reading the article - do City fans really think they have a right to be in the top flight? I don't know any who do. We've been kind of mid table second tier typically throughout our history, but I think it's fair to say that over the past fifty years or so, Cardiff's increased status means that we should be seen as under achievers during that time. I'd say it's reasonable to think we should have spent a fair bit more time in the First Division/Premier League since 1970 than we have done, but that's different to thinking we should be there as of right. Also, the idea that City fans believe we should be competing for Europe every year, any City fan who truly believes that is delusional I'm afraid - that sort of thing ended in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I can’t say I disagree with him about some of our fans having ideas above their stations (some thought we were in with a chance of getting Howe ffs) and I do think Mick had a word reputation than he deserves.

But I disagree fans should be happy with being lumped with a Pulis etc.
    Why would Cardiff fans be wrong in thinking they could get Howe? He was the previous manager of Bournemouth not Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Says someone who has persistently been critical of the team for the same sort of faults I’ve talked about.
    I'd be the first to argue for a fresh approach to management, recruitment etc., but I honestly think the City could go down unless there's a rapid improvement - that's more likely to happen under McCarthy or similar, than a Bellamy type appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd be the first to argue for a fresh approach to management, recruitment etc., but I honestly think the City could go down unless there's a rapid improvement - that's more likely to happen under McCarthy or similar, than a Bellamy type appointment.
    That’s where we differ because I still don’t see us as a relegation side and, if we are, we’re looking in the wrong place for blame with all of this talk about managers - although Tomlin is a big loss, I still believe we’ve got a better squad than last season on paper.

There's a big difference between thinking that a club belongs in the top division and thinking that a club should be doing a better job of trying to get there, having made it plain that getting there is their aim.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Can't disagree with much of what he said to be fair. We do have a lot of delusional and entitled fans nowadays.
    hes a decent football writer

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Why would Cardiff fans be wrong in thinking they could get Howe? He was the previous manager of Bournemouth not Barcelona.
    Because he will 100% get a better job than Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Because he will 100% get a better job than Cardiff.
    and more money