+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Millwall messageboard - Neil Harris

Millwall messageboard - Neil Harris

Re: Millwall messageboard - Neil Harris

Really interesting thread.(for Millwall). The bit about Harris not being a good leader or delegator is really the antithesis of someone like Warnock and hopefully MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Really interesting thread.(for Millwall). The bit about Harris not being a good leader or delegator is really the antithesis of someone like Warnock and hopefully MM.
    Yeah I thought it was a decent read too.

Nice how a lot of them want him to "bleed us dry". Small club mentality.

I disagree with the idea that managers don't develop. It might take them a break away from the game to do so (didn't Harris have that) but we seem to have such a fixed idea about what a manager is while at the same time expect players to work on their skills and improve.

Warnock's Cardiff City faced Millwall twice with Harris in charge and both games were drawn; Harris left but the caretaker managing his side then drew with us again before Harris' Cardiff beat Warnock's Boro in the same season; and then finally Harris and Warnock drew again this year.

But it's interesting to see that Harris wasn't considered a good delegator and rubbed people up the wrong way, especially as we have a thread asking if the players downed tools a little here. Something clearly wasn't working well this season.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

“ Chairmen of championship clubs offering him jobs is the problem, not his. What manager would turn down the chance of a huge wage and payout when it go's tits up. I hope he's fleeced them!”

I don’t know if he actually meant the pun but it made me snort

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    “ Chairmen of championship clubs offering him jobs is the problem, not his. What manager would turn down the chance of a huge wage and payout when it go's tits up. I hope he's fleeced them!”

I don’t know if he actually meant the pun but it made me snort
    Of course he meant it, every thread about us I've read on a Millwall forum has to have several references to sheep. Probably most clubs forums to be fair, it's some sort of unwritten law.

Having read a few threads on Harris when he joined and now sacked he seems quite disliked on there.

Surprised me a bit, he didn't do a bad job for them and has to be one of the clubs most loyal, nearly 10 years over two stints, not far off 400 appearances.

I remember they were loving having Rowett before, he was a massive upgrade on Harris and now they seemingly want him out also.

Football fans eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Of course he meant it, every thread about us I've read on a Millwall forum has to have several references to sheep. Probably most clubs forums to be fair, it's some sort of unwritten law.
    It wont be long before that kind of reference is banned in this crazy world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It wont be long before that kind of reference is banned in this crazy world we live in.
    Too true that. It's repetitive but completely harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's because people are usually unfunny and unoriginal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    No chance