+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lampard given the boot from Chelsea - Tuchel appointed

Re: Lampard given the boot from Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Which British manager would you give a top job? Why does it matter?

It's exactly the same in Spain as well isn't it?
    Gerrard
    Howe
    Dyke

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Gerrard
    Howe
    Dyke
    An SPL manager who hasn't achieved anything yet in his brief managerial career

A recently relegated manager from the PL who spunked loads of money and ended up taking Bournemouth backwards (and down)

And the guy with the shit accent from Mary Poppins!

Some feckin list that is!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    An SPL manager who hasn't achieved anything yet in his brief managerial career

A recently relegated manager from the PL who spunked loads of money and ended up taking Bournemouth backwards (and down)

And the guy with the shit accent from Mary Poppins!

Some feckin list that is!
    But he did manage the BBC for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Just announced
    I am surprised at that TBH

lampard gets such an easy ride from the British press it's unreal.
    on 5 live earlier they were debating his sacking and most of the pundits were of the opinion it was outrageous and that he'd achieved a lot already and deserved more time.
    also all the signings that didn't come off were forced into him, so that wasn't his fault either.

ridiculous, any other Chelsea manager would have been given the Spanish archer a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    lampard gets such an easy ride from the British press it's unreal.
    on 5 live earlier they were debating his sacking and most of the pundits were of the opinion it was outrageous and that he'd achieved a lot already and deserved more time.
    also all the signings that didn't come off were forced into him, so that wasn't his fault either.

ridiculous, any other Chelsea manager would have been given the Spanish archer a long time ago.
    Hes in that "inner circle" though.
    Always had an easy ride.
    Redknapp's cousin etc...

Gerrard
    Howe
    Dyke
    You would give them a top job? If this is the best on offer is it any wonder the "foreigns" are getting the top jobs?

The only British manager who deserves to be mentioned for the Chelsea job is Brendan Rodgers.

Dyke
    There's already too many female pundits - don't start recommending them for managers' jobs as well.

You would give them a top job? If this is the best on offer is it any wonder the "foreigns" are getting the top jobs?

The only British manager who deserves to be mentioned for the Chelsea job is Brendan Rodgers.
    Brendan Rodgers isn't British.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He's from Northern Ireland isn't he? Close enough ffs

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Don't take my word for it, take the words of Brendan himself:

[quote}After the latest victory over another excellent team and their lauded manager, Leicester City’s Brendan Rodgers said: “because I’m British, I got lucky”.[quote]

https://foxesofleicester.com/2020/11...ter-city-boss/

[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;5161292]Don't take my word for it, take the words of Brendan himself:

[quote}After the latest victory over another excellent team and their lauded manager, Leicester City’s Brendan Rodgers said: “because I’m British, I got lucky”.Shall I tell him?

He's from Northern Ireland isn't he? Close enough ffs
    Just IS British

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Just IS British
    give it another 5 years

https://www.football365.com/news/eng...-frank-lampard

A great write up of the english media and their love in for Lampard

Re: Lampard given the boot from Chelsea - Tuchel appointed

Chelsea have appointed former Paris St-Germain boss Thomas Tuchel as their new manager on an 18-month contract with an option to extend it.

He won two league titles, the French Cup and the French League Cup at PSG.

"I cannot wait to meet my new team and compete in the most exciting league in football. I am grateful to be part of the Chelsea family," Tuchel, 47, said.

Chelsea sacked Frank Lampard on Monday after 18 months in charge, following a run of one win in five league matches.

"We all have the greatest respect for Frank Lampard's work and the legacy he created at Chelsea," added Tuchel.

The German becomes the 11th full-time manager appointed by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich since the billionaire bought the club in 2003.

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia described Tuchel as "one of Europe's best coaches" adding that "there is still much to play for and much to achieve, this season and beyond".

He will be in the dugout at Stamford Bridge for Wednesday's Premier League meeting with Wolves (18:00 GMT).

Tuchel will not be exempt from coronavirus quarantine rules but will be granted an exemption by the Football Association to attend matches and training should he test negative before entering the UK, and then do so once again to enter a Premier League club's bubble.

Outside those environments, he will have to serve a quarantine period of five days.

Re: Lampard given the boot from Chelsea - Tuchel appointed

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Chelsea have appointed former Paris St-Germain boss Thomas Tuchel as their new manager on an 18-month contract with an option to extend it.

He won two league titles, the French Cup and the French League Cup at PSG.

"I cannot wait to meet my new team and compete in the most exciting league in football. I am grateful to be part of the Chelsea family," Tuchel, 47, said.

Chelsea sacked Frank Lampard on Monday after 18 months in charge, following a run of one win in five league matches.

"We all have the greatest respect for Frank Lampard's work and the legacy he created at Chelsea," added Tuchel.

The German becomes the 11th full-time manager appointed by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich since the billionaire bought the club in 2003.

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia described Tuchel as "one of Europe's best coaches" adding that "there is still much to play for and much to achieve, this season and beyond".

He will be in the dugout at Stamford Bridge for Wednesday's Premier League meeting with Wolves (18:00 GMT).

Tuchel will not be exempt from coronavirus quarantine rules but will be granted an exemption by the Football Association to attend matches and training should he test negative before entering the UK, and then do so once again to enter a Premier League club's bubble.

Outside those environments, he will have to serve a quarantine period of five days.
    Gary Neville called it right, he'll be gone within 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes on the colonels forum arguing with Splotty
    what is the colonels forum