+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The MEETINGS MAIN POINTS

Re: The MEETINGS MAIN POINTS

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post

If he's reluctant or unable to fund the club sufficiently to develop it then it might be a good idea to sell up.

The contradiction here is plain as day. If you owned a business that was draining your funds, why wouldn't you sell it ? Cut your losses.

If his investments are fuelled solely by his love for the club , the city and its people, why the **** does he trample all over its identity and not engage in any way whatsoever with its supporters ?

I think, and this is only judging him on his actions, that he wants to own the club outright, have complete control, get it into the premier league and gain great notoriety back in Malaysia and around the world.

The problem is with such singleminded people, they will never be put off and will never be swayed from attaining their goal. Even when it is clear to everyone else that they lack the know-how to achieve this goal.

I think he has the means to keep the club bumbling along. But he will never build anything because he doesn't understand how to build something like this. He doesn't understand football, the people or the club. And neither does Mehmet for that matter.

Just to be clear , we are not talking about dishing out money, we are talking about running a football club.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    The contradiction here is plain as day. If you owned a business that was draining your funds, why wouldn't you sell it ? Cut your losses.

If his investments are fuelled solely by his love for the club , the city and its people, why the **** does he trample all over its identity and not engage in any way whatsoever with its supporters ?

I think, and this is only judging him on his actions, that he wants to own the club outright, have complete control, get it into the premier league and gain great notoriety back in Malaysia and around the world.

The problem is with such singleminded people, they will never be put off and will never be swayed from attaining their goal. Even when it is clear to everyone else that they lack the know-how to achieve this goal.

I think he has the means to keep the club bumbling along. But he will never build anything because he doesn't understand how to build something like this. He doesn't understand football, the people or the club. And neither does Mehmet for that matter.

Just to be clear , we are not talking about dishing out money, we are talking about running a football club.
    Great response, and you stated the issue better than I ever did!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Vincent Tan is the best owner I have seen at this club since I started going to Ninian Park in 1968. The amount of money he has put in has been absolutely phenomenal. Other clubs that have owners who milk the club, or put them under like Macclesfield, Bury etc. Other owners have devious schemes of the club they own selling the ground to the owner, i think Derby and Sheffield Wednesday? Let's see how that works out for them. Tan has done none of those things, lent the club money and charged interest then written off the interest and lots of debt. We should be grateful to have him.

Football wise though, he has done well, appointed Trollope and got rid very quickly. Got Warnock in who steadied the ship and got us up, and then was poor for the PL season until he got sacked, after spending a fortune too. We have been appointing managers who were not working when the job was offered so no fees to pay out to tother clubs. Harris was OK that's it, very good after the restart but it's been terrible this season. Now McCarthy who I am sure will steady the ship and take us forward and I expect if he does well he will stay. We could have appointed a young manager who wants to develop young players and play a certain way but we don't know if it would work and we can't afford to be relegated to find out.

Mick McCarthy will get us in to the top half this season I reckon and he and the club will get my full support. I do think the club needs a 'football' man in the boardroom though, who will tell them when their are being screwed over by a club or agent when negotiating deals. And who'd work with the manager on building th e squad properly, not like Warnock's rash spending.

Admittedly a lot his spending could have been avoided and we haven't been great as a club when spending money and giving our big contracts. But we don't know how hard it is to attract players to Cardiff and therefore may have to pay more to get the players. Some of the contracts handed out have been ludicrous, like Smithies and others if the reports on salaries are true. And giving new contracts to Connolly, Bamba and Tomlin seem to be poor decision making. And the fees paid on Madine, Flint, Cunningham, Murphy and others. all transfer fees have now been devalued in the current iconic climate anyway.

Given what Tan has done it is fair to think that Dalman is a bit arsey about barbed comments about the club. It's a very difficult time at the moment as we know and still Tan keeps putting money in. A lot of clubs WILL fall by the wayside in the next year or so if the current Covid-19 situation continues.

Is anyone actually ungrateful for Tan's financial input? One might be indifferent or cynical but surely the only issue is the way the club is being run and if we have some kind of long term plan.

A fascinating read on impact of COVID on a PL club & effect of trying to stabilise in PL.

For #twitterblades i estimate our wage bill for last year to be circa 35-38m.

Brighton's wage bill is 101m just to stay in the league.

It's staggering.

Additionally the cost in transfer fees to put together Brighton's squad is over 200m. Forget quality of what they have a second.

On a sheer numbers level it's staggering the investment required to stay in the league. Burnley obvious outlier but they are more exception than rule

https://twitter.com/Blades_analytic/...39369700745218
    Club better start thinking longer term as price of potential survival in premier league is only going to increase. Investing in youth, scouting and backroom staff/coaching staff development should be the aim.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Vincent Tan is the best owner I have seen at this club since I started going to Ninian Park in 1968. The amount of money he has put in has been absolutely phenomenal. Other clubs that have owners who milk the club, or put them under like Macclesfield, Bury etc. Other owners have devious schemes of the club they own selling the ground to the owner, i think Derby and Sheffield Wednesday? Let's see how that works out for them. Tan has done none of those things, lent the club money and charged interest then written off the interest and lots of debt. We should be grateful to have him.

Football wise though, he has done well, appointed Trollope and got rid very quickly. Got Warnock in who steadied the ship and got us up, and then was poor for the PL season until he got sacked, after spending a fortune too. We have been appointing managers who were not working when the job was offered so no fees to pay out to tother clubs. Harris was OK that's it, very good after the restart but it's been terrible this season. Now McCarthy who I am sure will steady the ship and take us forward and I expect if he does well he will stay. We could have appointed a young manager who wants to develop young players and play a certain way but we don't know if it would work and we can't afford to be relegated to find out.

Mick McCarthy will get us in to the top half this season I reckon and he and the club will get my full support. I do think the club needs a 'football' man in the boardroom though, who will tell them when their are being screwed over by a club or agent when negotiating deals. And who'd work with the manager on building th e squad properly, not like Warnock's rash spending.

Admittedly a lot his spending could have been avoided and we haven't been great as a club when spending money and giving our big contracts. But we don't know how hard it is to attract players to Cardiff and therefore may have to pay more to get the players. Some of the contracts handed out have been ludicrous, like Smithies and others if the reports on salaries are true. And giving new contracts to Connolly, Bamba and Tomlin seem to be poor decision making. And the fees paid on Madine, Flint, Cunningham, Murphy and others. all transfer fees have now been devalued in the current iconic climate anyway.

Given what Tan has done it is fair to think that Dalman is a bit arsey about barbed comments about the club. It's a very difficult time at the moment as we know and still Tan keeps putting money in. A lot of clubs WILL fall by the wayside in the next year or so if the current Covid-19 situation continues.
    Tan is possibly both the best and worst owner we have ever had.