+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The MEETINGS MAIN POINTS

Re: The MEETINGS MAIN POINTS

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Director of Football, WHY ! They already have their committee in place and want to go down the road of buying younger players to bring the age of the squad down. Plus possibly earn cash from sell ons.
    Innovative stuff! What can possibly go wrong? I'm amazed other clubs haven't thought of this approach.

How positive can anyone be in these horrific times, but they are all working hard for the club

Sam & Issac's are after the sums quoted, all Melmet would say, if those two don't go to the press soon, the club openly will.

Club are getting NO HELP from anyone, FIFA, UAFA, Prem, British or French police, but the club are building evidence up daily.

Sala's fund should be up and running in weeks, again with little help from outsiders
    Thankyou. I find that it can take a few hours, even a few days, to process all the info from a heavy meeting.

Club are getting NO HELP from anyone, FIFA, UAFA, Prem, British or French police, but the club are building evidence up daily.
    Evidence of what?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    An e-mail to Trust members is the way to do it, not by posting on CCMB in the hope that we see it. One of the Trust's core USP's as part of membership is to give members a chance to get their questions to the CCFC executive.

Sad to say the Trust is going the same way as the Club....no long term plan....and if there happens to be one then share it
    If the Trust had received more notice that the meeting was going to happen and what the format/ agenda was we would have had that chance to ask members for their input. As it was I only received the invite to the Zoom meeting this morning ( I had known there was to be a meeting but no formal invite until then).

There will be a report of the meeting to members shortly and the opportunity to ask questions and get answers as to the details raised and discussed

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Evidence of what?
    Dave

The senior partner from the law firm (Capital Law) acting for the club in the dispute between CCFC and Nantes was at the meeting and said that they were continuing to build up evidence in support of the club’s defence against the Nantes claim for Emiliano Sala transfer fee

You obviously don't know me WTF is POWERPOINT ????
    It's what you use to plug your electric booty into.

Glad that amused you.

More to the point why doesn't the Trust ask it's few hundred members ahead of these meetings if there is anything they would like raised? It's almost as if we don't matter as long as we pay our annual subs.
    You have a pm

Had my lamb roast dinner and noticed no-one has posted anything about this afternoon, so here goes.

Club losing £3 a month at the moment and have asked for £8 million, from the £250 million slush fund

Director of Football, WHY ! They already have their committee in place and want to go down the road of buying younger players to bring the age of the squad down. Plus possibly earn cash from sell ons.

Mick is looking at the squad and the academy, before making any player requests. He is impressed with some of the academy players in his short time here (I think he's been in background longer)

Sam Hamman is after £15 million, Michael Issacs is after £10 million, keep an eye on the press

Vinnie had a good offer to sell the club, but told um to take a hike.

Shirt sponsorship, 5 deals being looked at.

Ken thanked the fans for paying their £10 to watch the games and said every little helps. He stated, "PLEASE CONTINUE" to watch

Melmet added,like the fans, we do not like seeing the team lose ! Something had to give.

Club losing £3m a month, but still signing players, and they want a fair chunk of the £250m set aside for clubs in financial hardship? What part of that makes sense? If the club is losing so much money, they should stop spunking it on players.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Dave

The senior partner from the law firm (Capital Law) acting for the club in the dispute between CCFC and Nantes was at the meeting and said that they were continuing to build up evidence in support of the club’s defence against the Nantes claim for Emiliano Sala transfer fee
    Cheers Keith. You'd imagine the club would have enough evidence two years after the event if they actually had a 'defence' which meant they could avoid paying the transfer fee despite announcing to the world they'd bought the player. Still, I guess the lawyers are making a mint out of this saga, so they'll be content.

Whatever happened to Tan's legal battle with Mackay and his alleged war on agents? Can't recall anything actually happening in either of those situations.

Dave

So they still reckon they don't have to pay for a transfer that was completed?

They have to win all three of these claims

£15m Sam. Should be easy, but I think the club conceded they owed Sam money so that makes it tricky.
    £10m Isaacs. Shares can drop in value as well as rise, but didn't Isaacs' shares get diluted?
    £15m Nantes. Not much chance of the club winning that one, morally, ethically or legally.

£40m in court cases, losing £3m a month, still signing players. Christ, I hope there is a plan somewhere.

Had my lamb roast dinner and noticed no-one has posted anything about this afternoon, so here goes.

Club losing £3 a month at the moment and have asked for £8 million, from the £250 million slush fund

Mick is looking at the squad and the academy, before making any player requests. He is impressed with some of the academy players in his short time here (I think he's been in background longer)

Sam Hamman is after £15 million, Michael Issacs is after £10 million, keep an eye on the press

Vinnie had a good offer to sell the club, but told um to take a hike.

Shirt sponsorship, 5 deals being looked at.

Ken thanked the fans for paying their £10 to watch the games and said every little helps. He stated, "PLEASE CONTINUE" to watch

Melmet added,like the fans, we do not like seeing the team lose ! Something had to give.
    Sorry to be dim here but the director of football question - is that them saying we're going to get one and you saying WHY because you disagree with it? Or was the question about getting a director of football and they replied with WHY because they say we don't need one?

Y
    If the Trust had received more notice that the meeting was going to happen and what the format/ agenda was we would have had that chance to ask members for their input. As it was I only received the invite to the Zoom meeting this morning ( I had known there was to be a meeting but no formal invite until then).

There will be a report of the meeting to members shortly and the opportunity to ask questions and get answers as to the details raised and discussed

Keith
    As you say, you knew there was going to be a meeting, but as usual no communication to ask if the opportunity arose what questions do members want raised. An e mail to members would have taken as long as it’s taken to write this response.ie minutes.
    The members deserve better.

Mehmet, cannot understand this vitriol against Vincent Tan. The man is keeping us going
    Oh I wouldn't call it vitriol at all Tone, just inquisitiveness. Keeping us going where exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    So they still reckon they don't have to pay for a transfer that was completed?

They have to win all three of these claims

£15m Sam. Should be easy, but I think the club conceded they owed Sam money so that makes it tricky.
    £10m Isaacs. Shares can drop in value as well as rise, but didn't Isaacs' shares get diluted?
    £15m Nantes. Not much chance of the club winning that one, morally, ethically or legally.

£40m in court cases, losing £3m a month, still signing players. Christ, I hope there is a plan somewhere.
    As I understand it the position on the three claims is as follows

Sam’s claim is that he is owed £15 m because his exit deal gave him the right to a life presidency of the club and the right to rejoin the executive board and take part in decision making. The club say that he was given the life presidency role but it was only a titular role and that the agreement gave no executive powers at all.

Michael Isaac’ claim is based on his assertion that his 2% shareholding in the club is worth £10m and was lost when Vincent Tan took more shares by his debt to equity conversion. If 2% of the club is worth £10m that would make the whole club worth £500m. Really?

The club has always maintained the view that Nantes and the actions of the ( unlicensed)intermediary they used in the deal caused the transfer to be nul and void. FIFA disagreed with this view, hence the full legal case being taken to CAS. The meeting was told that Nantes have asked for various adjournments of the CAS hearing and are yet to provide the paperwork to support their claim.

Y

As you say, you knew there was going to be a meeting, but as usual no communication to ask if the opportunity arose what questions do members want raised. An e mail to members would have taken as long as it’s taken to write this response.ie minutes.
    I would love to have done as you suggest but had very little time and was distracted by pressures in my day job which sometimes gets in the way of my entirely voluntary role at the Trust. Sometimes that is inevitable but still disappointing when it happens

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    You have a pm
    A benefit of membership is the opportunity to get members questions raised at meetings with CCFC executives. Having a pm is not the same thing but better than nothing. Like our football club the Trust needs to raise its game.

I would love to have done as you suggest but had very little time and was distracted by pressures in my day job which sometimes gets in the way of my entirely voluntary role at the Trust. Sometimes that is inevitable but still disappointing when it happens
    But it happens all the time and it takes minutes to send a note. There are enough us that would help but that needs communication and delegation. I’m not sure what, if any, committees the Trust Board has, but it definitely needs better engagement with its members.

As I understand it the position on the three claims is as follows

Sam’s claim is that he is owed £15 m because his exit deal gave him the right to a life presidency of the club and the right to rejoin the executive board and take part in decision making. The club say that he was given the life presidency role but it was only a titular role and that the agreement gave no executive powers at all.

Michael Isaac’ claim is based on his assertion that his 2% shareholding in the club is worth £10m and was lost when Vincent Tan took more shares by his debt to equity conversion. If 2% of the club is worth £10m that would make the whole club worth £500m. Really?

The club has always maintained the view that Nantes and the actions of the ( unlicensed)intermediary they used in the deal caused the transfer to be nul and void. FIFA disagreed with this view, hence the full legal case being taken to CAS. The meeting was told that Nantes have asked for various adjournments of the CAS hearing and are yet to provide the paperwork to support their claim.
    On the Isaacs case, it is incredible that someone purpotedly from a finance background has got this wrong. Isaacs owned more than 2% of the club before his shares were diluted. His claim is, surely, that his shares were worth £10m at the time that he owned 10% before Tan then diluted them to take control of the club. He isn't claiming the club is worth £500m. He is claiming that his shares were worth £10m before Tan devalued each and every share he owned by bringing out a new share ownership.

On the Sala case, the guy was on a plane ready to come to Wales to play a game within 48 hours. Are the club saying he wouldn't have played that game at the time? And didn't the club say that "once a bluebird, always a bluebird" at the time of huge media attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Why ?

So that there is some thought put into the direction the club is going to take.

So that when one manager leaves and another joins we don't have to rip it up and start again......I hope to God you're not as dumb as you make out.

If they don't want bleed money from the club then sack Mehmet or (even though he seems like a nice guy) Choo.

Been watching tele

These are their words not mine.

PS:----- Not the "been watching tele", but the WHY

But it happens all the time. There are enough us that would help but that needs communication and delegation. I’m not sure what, if any, committees the Trust Board has, but it definitely needs better engagement with its members.
    Point taken and noted we can always seek to improve communication.

The Trust has no committees.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Was it just the coach drivers invited to this call Tone or any average fans

Trust, Supporters club committee, Disabled, and travel club members. Plus press

An e-mail to Trust members is the way to do it, not by posting on CCMB in the hope that we see it. One of the Trust's core USP's as part of membership is to give members a chance to get their questions to the CCFC executive.

Sad to say the Trust is going the same way as the Club....no long term plan....and if there happens to be one then share it

I'm not a member of the trust, if that is directed at me.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Sorry to be dim here but the director of football question - is that them saying we're going to get one and you saying WHY because you disagree with it? Or was the question about getting a director of football and they replied with WHY because they say we don't need one?

THEM

Y

The way the Club is run really leaves much to be desired.

So a, 'meeting,' was deemed needful with the Club's fans. I wonder what prompted this vital transformation in thinking from those in the corridors of power. It couldn't be a WoL article, could it? Secondly, what were the qualifications to deem those invited worthy of admittance to this meeting?

Clearly the worthy are of far more importance in the eyes of the Club than Shareholders of the Club who are ignored. I'd write to the Club but there's no point. I'm still waiting a reply to a letter I sent 5 yrs ago.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    On the Isaacs case, it is incredible that someone purpotedly from a finance background has got this wrong. Isaacs owned more than 2% of the club before his shares were diluted. His claim is, surely, that his shares were worth £10m at the time that he owned 10% before Tan then diluted them to take control of the club. He isn't claiming the club is worth £500m. He is claiming that his shares were worth £10m before Tan devalued each and every share he owned by bringing out a new share ownership.

On the Sala case, the guy was on a plane ready to come to Wales to play a game within 48 hours. Are the club saying he wouldn't have played that game at the time? And didn't the club say that "once a bluebird, always a bluebird" at the time of huge media attention?

It's much deeper and more complicated, than your 2nd paragraph, about Sala.