+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The MEETINGS MAIN POINTS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The MEETINGS MAIN POINTS

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Mehmet, cannot understand this vitriol against Vincent Tan. The man is keeping us going
    He hardly gets much grief does he? If anything people question his ability to get the right people running the business, should we be losing three million a month?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He hardly gets much grief does he? If anything people question his ability to get the right people running the business, should we be losing three million a month?
    Most clubs are

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Tan gets no grief at all. Although, for once, some people are starting to question the long-term plan that he has which is amusing considering everything he has done hitherto has been very much short term thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Tan gets no grief at all. Although, for once, some people are starting to question the long-term plan that he has which is amusing considering everything he has done hitherto has been very much short term thinking.
    Except the multiple Houses of Sport, increased stadium capacity, plans for new training base for youth teams of course. Most of what Tan has done has benefited us in the short term only but there have been some things thinking longer term.

What did happen with our Vale of Glamorgan training facility though?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    So Vinny had a "good" offer to sell the club but didn't budge?

It would be really interesting and helpful if it were revealed why he did not sell.

Is it a) because he wants a "great" offer and a "good" offer falls way short? (If so, he's inhabiting cloud cuckoo land once again, just like he did with his whacko red idea!)

Or, b) because he's still got some sort of weird and wonderful plan to hoist Cardiff into a top top club on a shoestring budget and with a dearth of good personnel at the helm?

Or, c) is he indulging some deep rooted Freudian obsession?

Whichever way he doesn't feel inclined to share the big picture with us mere fans. Are we all just stuck in limbo with him and his inner demons?
    You obviously have no respect whatsoever for a man who saved this club from bankruptcy and has bankrolled it for the last 8/9 years, during a period of unprecedented success. He is also currently keeping it going to the tune of £3m a month and has converted most of his debt to equity. You should get down on your knees and thank god that he has been here, rather than posting snidey remarks about him. PS. Why should he tell you or anyone else why he didn't want to sell the club. He has already hoisted Cardiff City into the Premier League on a shoestring budget - twice - but apparently thats still not good enough for some.

Had my lamb roast dinner and noticed no-one has posted anything about this afternoon, so here goes.

Club losing £3 a month at the moment and have asked for £8 million, from the £250 million slush fund

Director of Football, WHY ! They already have their committee in place and want to go down the road of buying younger players to bring the age of the squad down. Plus possibly earn cash from sell ons.

Mick is looking at the squad and the academy, before making any player requests. He is impressed with some of the academy players in his short time here (I think he's been in background longer)

Sam Hamman is after £15 million, Michael Issacs is after £10 million, keep an eye on the press

Vinnie had a good offer to sell the club, but told um to take a hike.

Shirt sponsorship, 5 deals being looked at.

Ken thanked the fans for paying their £10 to watch the games and said every little helps. He stated, "PLEASE CONTINUE" to watch

Melmet added,like the fans, we do not like seeing the team lose ! Something had to give.
    You missed out the Vince Alm b*llocking. I thought that was a highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Not for me to comment, I'll leave that to the children

Glad that amused you.

More to the point why doesn't the Trust ask it's few hundred members ahead of these meetings if there is anything they would like raised? It's almost as if we don't matter as long as we pay our annual subs.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Glad that amused you.

More to the point why doesn't the Trust ask it's few hundred members ahead of these meetings if there is anything they would like raised? It's almost as if we don't matter as long as we pay our annual subs.
    I asked on here, but most of the questions had been asked by the time it reached little olde me

I asked on here, but most of the questions had been asked by the time it reached little olde me
    An e-mail to Trust members is the way to do it, not by posting on CCMB in the hope that we see it. One of the Trust's core USP's as part of membership is to give members a chance to get their questions to the CCFC executive.

Sad to say the Trust is going the same way as the Club....no long term plan....and if there happens to be one then share it

An e-mail to Trust members is the way to do it, not by posting on CCMB in the hope that we see it. One of the Trust's core USP's as part of membership is to give members a chance to get their questions to the CCFC executive.

Sad to say the Trust is going the same way as the Club....no long term plan....and if there happens to be one then share it
    If the Trust had received more notice that the meeting was going to happen and what the format/ agenda was we would have had that chance to ask members for their input. As it was I only received the invite to the Zoom meeting this morning ( I had known there was to be a meeting but no formal invite until then).

There will be a report of the meeting to members shortly and the opportunity to ask questions and get answers as to the details raised and discussed

Keith

I'm not a member of the trust, if that is directed at me.

Glad that amused you.

You have a pm

You have a pm
    A benefit of membership is the opportunity to get members questions raised at meetings with CCFC executives. Having a pm is not the same thing but better than nothing. Like our football club the Trust needs to raise its game.

[QUOTE=BLUETIT;5161061]

Club losing £3 a month at the moment and have asked for £8 million, from the £250 million slush fund [Quote]

Got to be fair Tony this deal would be a cracker, quick calculation says it would keep us going for over 220 thousand years, bite their frigging hands off

Was it just the coach drivers invited to this call Tone or any average fans

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Was it just the coach drivers invited to this call Tone or any average fans

Trust, Supporters club committee, Disabled, and travel club members. Plus press

Director of Football, WHY ! They already have their committee in place and want to go down the road of buying younger players to bring the age of the squad down. Plus possibly earn cash from sell ons.
    Innovative stuff! What can possibly go wrong? I'm amazed other clubs haven't thought of this approach.

How positive can anyone be in these horrific times, but they are all working hard for the club

Sam & Issac's are after the sums quoted, all Melmet would say, if those two don't go to the press soon, the club openly will.

Club are getting NO HELP from anyone, FIFA, UAFA, Prem, British or French police, but the club are building evidence up daily.

Sala's fund should be up and running in weeks, again with little help from outsiders
    Thankyou. I find that it can take a few hours, even a few days, to process all the info from a heavy meeting.

Had my lamb roast dinner and noticed no-one has posted anything about this afternoon, so here goes.

Club losing £3 a month at the moment and have asked for £8 million, from the £250 million slush fund

Mick is looking at the squad and the academy, before making any player requests. He is impressed with some of the academy players in his short time here (I think he's been in background longer)

Sam Hamman is after £15 million, Michael Issacs is after £10 million, keep an eye on the press

Ken thanked the fans for paying their £10 to watch the games and said every little helps. He stated, "PLEASE CONTINUE" to watch

Melmet added,like the fans, we do not like seeing the team lose ! Something had to give.

Club losing £3m a month, but still signing players, and they want a fair chunk of the £250m set aside for clubs in financial hardship? What part of that makes sense? If the club is losing so much money, they should stop spunking it on players.

Sorry to be dim here but the director of football question - is that them saying we're going to get one and you saying WHY because you disagree with it? Or was the question about getting a director of football and they replied with WHY because they say we don't need one?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Sorry to be dim here but the director of football question - is that them saying we're going to get one and you saying WHY because you disagree with it? Or was the question about getting a director of football and they replied with WHY because they say we don't need one?

THEM

THEM
    THEM WHAT? Disagreeing with it or suggesting it??

Actually don't worry, I've read the Trust statement now

It's their words not mine.

Although, I think a DOF, is a complete and utter waste of funds. What ever happened to that one Spurs had, who recommended all those donkeys (i apologize to all donkeys)