+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOUNDBAR HELP PLEASE

Re: SOUNDBAR HELP PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    just as a matter of interest - I tried to post already something with the picture of the back of the virgin box. Do I have the rights to do this?
    In principle you have the rights to do this.

But the picture upload system doesn’t always work. What I tend to do if the upload is not working, is to tight click on image online and copy the address and then instead of uploading a photo insert it from URL but you need to untick the little box underneath where are you put the address in

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Also the virgin box you mention sounds like a router not a TV box. The latest Virgin TV box has hdmi, coax, audio, usb connections. It should only have one yellow connection from where it receives the internet connection from the router.

The back of the TV box should look like this. Where you should be able to connect the optical cable from D.AUDIO to the optical input on the soundbar. Then change the input setting on the soundbar remote control or by changing input by pusjing a button on the soundbar.

What you describe is a router which looks something like the picture below. There should be a cable from one of the yellow ports to the separate virgin TV box going into the yellow connection you see on the first image.

Mike, I've now put the optical cable from the soundbar to the D Audio input on the back of the Virgin box. Can't find anything to press on the JVC TH-227B soundbar other than source (also EQ, Vol etc), same with remote.
    So soundbar not working.

The current set up is this:
    Cable from Virgin internal wall box to a chrome 3 socket connector.
    Cable from that connector to the Coax In at the back of the Virgin box.
    Another cable from that connector to an input near the base of the router.

An HDMI cable from the back of the TV to the back of the Virgin box

An HDMI cable from the back of the TV to the Humax.

Hope this helps.

have the virgin tv playing something and and with the soundbar on and volume up (even if you can't hear it) change the source on the sound bar

click it and wait for a moment , and then click it again,

the light usually changes colour, blue is when it's on the bluetooth connection, white on optical, orange on coaxial and green on aux

so you need the white light to be on.

One other thing I've seen before is that if the digital audio cable is not fitted in correctly it won't work. It has a specific shape so it has to be in the right orientation and it will click in slightly. So make sure it's lined up and clicked in with a little bit of pressure

if happy the cable is fitted, the input is showing a white light and the volume on the soundbar is up and it's still not working go back into the audio settings on the virgin tv box and change between dolby and pcm settings.

In the meanwhile are you getting volume from the TV speakers when watching virgin?

One other thing I've seen before is that if the digital audio cable is not fitted in correctly it won't work. It has a specific shape so it has to be in the right orientation and it will click in slightly. So make sure it's lined up and clicked in with a little bit of pressure
    Did what you said Mike but the white light is still flashing.

The digital audio cable has been fitted correctly, it clicked into place.

It's a pain in the proverbial. Might have to bite the bullet and get someone in to sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Did what you said Mike but the white light is still flashing.

The digital audio cable has been fitted correctly, it clicked into place.

It's a pain in the proverbial. Might have to bite the bullet and get someone in to sort it out.
    found this statement

The unit may not be able to decode all digital audio formats from the input source. In this case, the Optical/Coaxial indicator will flash in white/orange, and the unit will prompt “Unsupported format, please refer to the Instruction Book”. This is NOT a defect. Ensure that the audio setting of the input source (e.g. TV, game console, DVD player, etc.) is set to PCM (Refer to the user manual of the input source device for its audio setting details) with Optical/Coaxial input.

can you get a coaxial cable to try between the two devices? if so then change the input to the orange light on the soundbar.

if happy the cable is fitted, the input is showing a white light and the volume on the soundbar is up and it's still not working go back into the audio settings on the virgin tv box and change between dolby and pcm settings.

In the meanwhile are you getting volume from the TV speakers when watching virgin?
    The only options I've got on Dolby Audio is Always Convert, Follow Content or Disabled. It's set on Always Convert at the moment.

Yes, I'm getting volume from the TV speakers when watching Virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    The only options I've got on Dolby Audio is Always Convert, Follow Content or Disabled. It's set on Always Convert at the moment.

Yes, I'm getting volume from the TV speakers when watching Virgin.
    Setting should be

To personalise your box’s audio settings:

Press Home on the remote
    Select Help & Settings
    Select Settings
    Select Audio
    The settings you can change are:

Alternate audio
    Some shows are broadcast with more than one audio track, like audio descriptions or language tracks. When alternate tracks are available, you’ll see the Audio Icon lit white in the Info Banner. The Default Audio Language setting lets you choose which audio language track is played out by default. The default setting is English.

Dolby Digital for HDMI output
    Got a surround sound system? Use this setting to choose how your box will output sound. When your box is connected to your surround sound system, choose Dolby Digital. If your box is connected directly to your TV, choose Dolby Digital to PCM. This setting applies to both HDMI and optical out.

Sound effects
    If you’d like to change the volume of your box’s sound effects (the sounds on your TV when you use the remote), or turn them off completely, you can do that here. The default setting is Medium.

Setting should be

To personalise your box’s audio settings:

Press Home on the remote
    Select Help & Settings
    Select Settings
    Select Audio
    The settings you can change are:

Alternate audio
    Some shows are broadcast with more than one audio track, like audio descriptions or language tracks. When alternate tracks are available, you’ll see the Audio Icon lit white in the Info Banner. The Default Audio Language setting lets you choose which audio language track is played out by default. The default setting is English.

Dolby Digital for HDMI output
    Got a surround sound system? Use this setting to choose how your box will output sound. When your box is connected to your surround sound system, choose Dolby Digital. If your box is connected directly to your TV, choose Dolby Digital to PCM. This setting applies to both HDMI and optical out.

Sound effects
    If you’d like to change the volume of your box’s sound effects (the sounds on your TV when you use the remote), or turn them off completely, you can do that here. The default setting is Medium.
    Mike, think I'll give up on this for the time being ! I've found online where you got the above info from, but on my Virgin box settings these options do not appear. On my settings there is a Video/Audio option which when followed does not lead to a Dolby Digital/PCM alternative.