Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: His first team

Re: His first team

Moz is only just back from injury. Maybe he’s not 100%

Resting a few

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Well, we were all very wrong! Everyone included Wilson, and only Bob included Flint but that was instead of Nelson! Nobody picked that midfield 3, either, although there might be a reason for that
    I only said Flint because a reporter at the local Ipswich paper said that McCarthy always talked about the problems he caused Ipswich at either end of the pitch when he was playing for the wurzels.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I only said Flint because a reporter at the local Ipswich paper said that McCarthy always talked about the problems he caused Ipswich at either end of the pitch when he was playing for the wurzels.
    Well hopefully he might think again after tonight.
    Nelson, who has had a bit of a torrid time of it himself this season, by his own high standards of last season that is, looked something of a stalwart in that back four tonight.
    I expect a few more surprises for next game too.

Wilson dropped for not performing well enough in training.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...arthy-19715356

MM shows who's boss and what his standards are. Hopefully that produces the right reaction. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Well hopefully he might think again after tonight.
    Nelson, who has had a bit of a torrid time of it himself this season, by his own high standards of last season that is, looked something of a stalwart in that back four tonight.
    I expect a few more surprises for next game too.
    Flint hasn't played a game in 3 months. It looked like it but Nelson has been stinking the place out for months.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

MM shows who's boss and what his standards are. Hopefully that produces the right reaction. I like it!
    Love that. Wilson has got to take some of the share of the blame for his performances this season. Hopefully MM's kick up the arse works.

Flint hasn't played a game in 3 months. It looked like it but Nelson has been stinking the place out for months.
    I don't disagree.
    I wasn't meaning to big up Nelson, I was trying to highlight the huge change in our defence.
    The fact that Nelson, himself on dodgy ground recently and pretty unknown only a year ago, is the only survivor from only a few months ago.
    Crazy to think when we were so close to a play off final.

I don't disagree.
    I wasn't meaning to big up Nelson, I was trying to highlight the huge change in our defence.
    The fact that Nelson, himself on dodgy ground recently and pretty unknown only a year ago, is the only survivor from only a few months ago.
    Crazy to think when we were so close to a play off final.
    Morrison is half fit and Bennett is injured. I wouldn't rule out us playing a back 3/5 more regularly, either.

I wonder whether that piece would have been pulled had we lost tonight.
    Hopefully it has the desired effect.

Morrison is half fit and Bennett is injured. I wouldn't rule out us playing a back 3/5 more regularly, either.
    Was a bit worried Bennett might have been on his way out but luckily it is only Cunningham who I couldn't take to.

Was a bit worried Bennett might have been on his way out but luckily it is only Cunningham who I couldn't take to.
    Both are out of contract in the summer!

I wonder whether that piece would have been pulled had we lost tonight.
    Hopefully it has the desired effect.
    I don't know about the WOL piece, but MM was very candid in his post match interview about the need to impress in training and that no one in his team has got a free pass through to the starting 11. He also stressed how much he admired Wilson based on previous experience of him, but he will pick the team on performance not reputation or price ticket (to paraphrase).

Mozzer had a sore back. Bennett had a slight groin strain. Ojo and Hoilett were on fire in training.

Hoilett must be superb in training, because he's done **** all when he's played this season.

I don't know about the WOL piece, but MM was very candid in his post match interview about the need to impress in training and that no one in his team has got a free pass through to the starting 11. He also stressed how much he admired Wilson based on previous experience of him, but he will pick the team on performance not reputation or price ticket (to paraphrase).

Mozzer had a sore back. Bennett had a slight groin strain. Ojo and Hoilett were on fire in training.
    I wouldn't expect anything less from a man who has just been given a 6 month contract, thats 24 weeks.
    Not much time for molly coddling blowing smoke up youngsters' arses.

Wilson does have quality though and I am sure Mick will call on him, let's hope he rises to the challenge rather than says ah feck it.

Glad (if that's the right word) to hear about the injuries to key players rather than anything else.

I liked that piece about Harry Wilson. I did wonder if it was a case of Big Micky managing egos when I saw the team sheet.

Good management IMO.

I did wonder if he picked the team to prove a point last night - and it does appear so. I hope it makes a few of them left out up their game as (although maybe not the performance) the result was an improvement on recent outings.