+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peter Jackson - former City writer at the Echo.

Re: Peter Jackson - former City writer at the Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He is regularly on scrum 5 talking rugby , if he follows both sports avidly then I stand corrected , says the man in the orthopaedic shoe

But over the years the only journalist print or otherwise I remember having a season ticket for ccfc during the dark days was the late bob humphries who was a regular in the grandstand with his daughter
    Bob Humphries also reported on rugby.

Just saying butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Bob Humphries also reported on rugby.

Just saying butt.
    He reported on rugby

But his first love was cardiff city and he had a season ticket up until his death

Robert Phillips reports on Cardiff City but he is a Chelsea fan

He reported on rugby

But his first love was cardiff city and he had a season ticket up until his death

He’s a County fan isn’t he? That’s what he always told us at Trust events.

He reported on rugby

And...

Jackson done a well received book on City, mentions them in his personal social media but is not a fan?

You were on here last week imploring all City fans should 'Come Together' for a group hug.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He’s a County fan isn’t he? That’s what he always told us at Trust events.
    Chelsea

Second team is county

Jason Perry Man United fan

Second team Cardiff city

And...

Jackson done a well received book on City, mentions them in his personal social media but is not a fan?

You were on here last week imploring all City fans should 'Come Together' for a group hug.
    Indeed but I don't think he's in the trenches at the moment

Indeed but I don't think he's in the trenches at the moment

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...rdiff-city-fan

Obviously Jacko doesn’t fit the bill?

He reported on rugby

The Standard Liege game in Belgium, Robert Phillips and David Facey who ended up reporting for the Daily Mail had a skinfull with us that night.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    The Standard Liege game in Belgium, Robert Phillips and David Facey who ended up reporting for the Daily Mail had a skinfull with us that night.
    Was anyone sober ?

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...rdiff-city-fan

Obviously Jacko doesn’t fit the bill?
    Is he a Cardiff city fan or does he report on or did report on the games ?

Robert Phillips is in my opinion a superb commentator and should have moved on from the soup pit that is radio Wales years ago

But he's not a city fan as such , he used to cover Newport County and he supports Chelsea

Is he a Cardiff city fan or does he report on or did report on the games ?

Robert Phillips is in my opinion a superb commentator and should have moved on from the soup pit that is radio Wales years ago

But he's not a city fan as such , he used to cover Newport County and he supports Chelsea
    Who cares?

Who cares?
    I think Robert Phillips is a superb journalist and is very media savvy he is however neither a Cardiff fan or a county fan , he's a Chelsea fan

You asked if he was a county fan but he isn't, he reported for county for the Argus but he's a Chelsea fan as he told me when I met him

I think Robert Phillips is a superb journalist and is very media savvy he is however neither a Cardiff fan or a county fan , he's a Chelsea fan

You asked if he was a county fan but he isn't, he reported for county for the Argus but he's a Chelsea fan as he told me when I met him
    And he’s announced to large audiences at Trust dos and on his Radio Wales phone in show that he is a County fan, but what difference does it make who he supports anyway ?

And he’s announced to large audiences at Trust dos and on his Radio Wales phone in show that he is a County fan, but what difference does it make who he supports anyway ?
    Well at the trust audience he was mc at with Jason Perry he said he's a Chelsea fan when I spoke to him and Jason Perry so maybe he's got a bunch of clubs

Like his commentary though

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Saw Peter yesterday walking his dog. He still in rhiwbina. Went to school with his daughters. We often chat about all types of sports.
    Next time you see him, tell him....

A - It might be an idea to take out a restraining order against an odd bod, on a Cardiff City forum.

B - That he and his daughter had a narrow escape, from having a trout fishing misogynist, as ‘family.’

Was anyone sober ?
    I was pretty pissed when the Belgian gendarmerie decided to detain me in some compound for a lengthy time with a load of others

Missed the game.

I was pretty pissed when the Belgian gendarmerie decided to detain me in some compound for a lengthy time with a load of others

Missed the game.
    stitch up

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Next time you see him, tell him....

A - It might be an idea to take out a restraining order against an odd bod, on a Cardiff City forum.

B - That he and his daughter had a narrow escape, from having a trout fishing misogynist, as ‘family.’
    TLG has lots of interests but he's never been into trout fishing as far as I know

Missed the game.
    Everyone was pretty pissed or on something else that evening

Jailbirds ! Jailbirds !

stitch up
    I can’t really remember what happened, in my head there was bits and pieces going on but nothing too daft and some of the Liege locals were playing their part.

Rounded up and dumped in a warehouse.

Not fussed on the Belgian gendarmerie, they’ve always been heavy handed in my experience, one particular knobhead once threw me out of a Wales game for walking into him at half time. He was less than happy seeing me back in the ground with the pre match brass band during the second half. At the end of the game, I rather stupidly scaled the fence to go back into the Welsh enclosure. He made the effort to come and give me a whack across the arse with his truncheon (there’s no euphemisms here so don’t get excited).

What a miserable fuucker.

Everyone was pretty pissed or on something else that evening

Jailbirds ! Jailbirds !

LSD and Blanche beer is a heady mix

Quote Originally Posted by Pengs View Post
    I worked in the Library at The western Mail and Echo between 1971-75. The library provided support to both the editorial and sports departments. My Department was situated next door to sports which was then occupied by Peter Jackson, Karl Woodward and JBG Thomas. JBG was the rugby writer and Woodward and Jackson used to cover mainly the footy for CCFC and Cwnty.
    Peter with a few of the journalists played Sunday League Football at Pontcanna for a team combo with the BBC, under BBC flag. I had a few games on the wing.
    He was a very good keeper in an average side.
    This was a few years before he left for the Mail. He was a City man through and through then and I have no reason from our several chats that he would ever be anything else.
    Karl Woodward also spoke well of city but did not play himself. Karl also covered the boxing and one or two other sports. Both divided their time writing for the popular pink sports paper and covered all the local league stuff.
    Chris Stuart joined the Western Mail as a young Journo and later became Peter’s replacement and Chris went onto presenting for BBC and BBC Sports radio commentary with shared duties with fellow Western Mail Journo Grahame Lloyd. Grahame hailed from Lincoln but became a firm City fan and I believe is published. He now works in England somewhere but also used to provide radio commentary for City and Wales games.
    I last talked to Grahame after I left the WM and E on the Canton stand at Ninian Park post 1975.
    All good people.
    JBG Thomas did not want to talk about anything else but egg.
    Thanks for this. It is a really interesting post (my Dad was Circulation Manager at The Echo at around the same time).

I vaguely remember Jackson and Woodward being football men and covering City with some enthusiasm along with Joe Lovejoy but he might have been much later.

My Dad had ZERO time for egg-only journos nor the embarrassing bias that a lot of the local press showed towards eggby.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Thanks for this. It is a really interesting post (my Dad was Circulation Manager at The Echo at around the same time).

I vaguely remember Jackson and Woodward being football men and covering City with some enthusiasm along with Joe Lovejoy but he might have been much later.

My Dad had ZERO time for egg-only journos nor the embarrassing bias that a lot of the local press showed towards eggby.

Thanks again
    We can agree on that

JBJ was shocking

The Welsh press is still the same

Family has always taken the Western Mail

Every Saturday there is a supplement

Two full pages by the rugby ref nigel owens who now equates his farm work to being an international referee

And Simon Thomas , chief rugby writer for the Western Mail who also has a full page later in the paper every Saturday where he talks exclusively about rugby , nothing else

No other sports pages at all in the Saturday supplement

Just rugby , every week

And I enjoy watching rugby alongside ccfc

Its no surprise some people really can't stand the game

I can’t really remember what happened, in my head there was bits and pieces going on but nothing too daft and some of the Liege locals were playing their part.

Rounded up and dumped in a warehouse.

Not fussed on the Belgian gendarmerie, they’ve always been heavy handed in my experience, one particular knobhead once threw me out of a Wales game for walking into him at half time. He was less than happy seeing me back in the ground with the pre match brass band during the second half. At the end of the game, I rather stupidly scaled the fence to go back into the Welsh enclosure. He made the effort to come and give me a whack across the arse with his truncheon (there’s no euphemisms here so don’t get excited).

What a miserable fuucker.
    with those plastic cuffs

Or is that the nightclub I used to go to ?

with those plastic cuffs

Or is that the nightclub I used to go to ?
    They’ve got a penchant for the cable ties Kinky.