+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cunningham to Preston; Brown recalled

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cunningham to Preston; Brown recalled

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Cunningham has played 14 games for us in 2.5 years.
    In fairness, he was loaned out and then injured for 1 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In fairness, he was loaned out and then injured for 1 season.
    I'm not particularly blaming Cunningham. He was yet another player that Warnock signed and then decided that he didn't rate. He didn't play a single minute for us in the Premier League after we lost at home to Spurs on New Year's Day.

I'm not particularly blaming Cunningham. He was yet another player that Warnock signed and then decided that he didn't rate. He didn't play a single minute for us in the Premier League after we lost at home to Spurs on New Year's Day.
    We had to sign a left back, though. Of all of his poor signings, this is about the most understandable. Would have been the same for Smithies, if he had gone in the summer of 2019.

We had to sign a left back, though. Of all of his poor signings, this is about the most understandable. Would have been the same for Smithies, if he had gone in the summer of 2019.
    The signing made sense at the time, but a year later he had fallen out with Warnock and we sent him out on loan, despite only having one other left-back in the squad (we had to get Armand Traoré in as cover again).

The signing made sense at the time, but a year later he had fallen out with Warnock and we sent him out on loan, despite only having one other left-back in the squad (we had to get Armand Traoré in as cover again).
    Was it a falling out, or was it a realisation Bennett was his left back and he was never going to get a game?

Was it a falling out, or was it a realisation Bennett was his left back and he was never going to get a game?
    Cunningham made a few comments after joining Blackburn that made me think their relationship wasn't exactly amicable.

Cunningham made a few comments after joining Blackburn that made me think their relationship wasn't exactly amicable.
    I don't think any player will like the manager that never plays him!

There’s very little training in general these days, Fixture congestion and recovery -https://twitter.com/roathboy/status/1354432133276839938
    I hope this move to allow one of our senior left-backs go in a very busy season comes back to bite us....

Joe Bennett has a groin strain and Greg Cunningham is joining Preston - https://twitter.com/roathboy/status/1354542110851166212
    Our squad may be disjointed, Neil Harris may have run out of good ideas and goodwill, but a lot of our problems have been absences through injury or players worse than usual partly due to fixture congestion. How much is Cunningham on that we can't keep him just for injury cover over these last few months?