Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
I actually respect the commission for their decision. Brexiteers simultaneously complained about Germany using the bloc to advantage themselves to the detriment of smaller countries and are now making light of the fact that Germany have been prevented from doing exactly that by the commission, which is it?

As much as I praise the rollout efforts and foresight to invest public funds into the AZ vaccine, I can't help but wonder how bad this would be going if AZ/Oxford was at the same stage as the many other vaccines. We effectively have a preferential deal with one of the few vaccines to have reached the market, we hit the jackpot.
The UK have always been at the forefront of scientific and vaccine development and the EU have always had the benefit of that knowledge and expertise in the past. They are now finding out what life is like after Brexit and their prevarication and dithering over this is typical of how they operate and when that fails they revert to the good old ‘bully boy’ tactics to try to get what they want and cover up their ineptitude. Well they can jog on.