Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
I didn't say it did but that is even more of an indictment of the EU seeing the mess they're currently in with the vaccine roll-out.

Even the German press are saying that the way Brussels are dealing with the roll-out is the best ever advert there could be for Brexit.

Germany, France, The Netherlands and Italy all had a preliminary supply agreement with Astrazeneca last June but the EU insisted on dealing with them on on behalf of the bloc.
I actually respect the commission for their decision. Brexiteers simultaneously complained about Germany using the bloc to advantage themselves to the detriment of smaller countries and are now making light of the fact that Germany have been prevented from doing exactly that by the commission, which is it?

As much as I praise the rollout efforts and foresight to invest public funds into the AZ vaccine, I can't help but wonder how bad this would be going if AZ/Oxford was at the same stage as the many other vaccines. We effectively have a preferential deal with one of the few vaccines to have reached the market, we hit the jackpot.