+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 87

Thread: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

  1. #1

  2. #2

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Who saw that coming

    We did have a benefit of negotiating our vaccines on our own, which is the first tangible benefit I think.

  3. #3

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Is he reading the Bible ?

    Apart from this pandemic , which will take years to recover from , leaving Europe is one of the biggest disasters this country will ever face

    We didn't vote for the pandemic but we voted brexit

    Nightmare

  4. #4

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Isn't everything constantly negotiated?

    Climate targets, corporation taxes.. Hence why European parliament gather every few weeks.

    Just were negotiating outside rather than inside, we've already seen some benefits (Vaccinations) and some drawbacks (Border trade) in the first few weeks of it

  5. #5

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is he reading the Bible ?

    Apart from this pandemic , which will take years to recover from , leaving Europe is one of the biggest disasters this country will ever face

    We didn't vote for the pandemic but we voted brexit

    Nightmare
    Just out of interest, are you in an age group that is likely to be vaccinated soon ?

    If so, that's good news for you. But just take a moment to think of those poor people living under the jurisdiction of such an unwieldy organisation as the EU.

  6. #6

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Just out of interest, are you in an age group that is likely to be vaccinated soon ?

    If so, that's good news for you. But just take a moment to think of those poor people living under the jurisdiction of such an unwieldy organisation as the EU.
    My mother is , she's getting hers in hospital and I am likely to get one soon

    But if I have to wait then so be it

    Clearly you are of a right voting leaning and I think its fair to assume that you voted for Brexit , given your claim about its unwieldy nature

    Good luck both with getting a jab and being part of the brexit generation

  7. #7

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Isn't everything constantly negotiated?

    Climate targets, corporation taxes.. Hence why European parliament gather every few weeks.

    Just were negotiating outside rather than inside, we've already seen some benefits (Vaccinations) and some drawbacks (Border trade) in the first few weeks of it
    clutching at straws springs to mind

  8. #8
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,082

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    clutching at straws springs to mind
    It's a fact,why keep on? Learn to lve with it.

  9. #9

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Huge assumption being made is that the EU will still be around in 50 years

    We have seen over the last few years different EU countries wanting more for themselves and less willing to help out the poorer countries

    During the first few months of the pandemic Italy and Spain were given very little support when they needed it most

    The richer EU countries are unwilling to commit to combined EU debt bonds to help “bail out” poorer EU nations

    The problems the EU as a whole are having with vaccinations

    Don’t forget that the EU has just lost one of its biggest net contributors meaning other countries are going to have to pay extra to plug this gap

    Creaking at the seems at present and won’t survive if another one or two countries vote to leave

  10. #10

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Just out of interest, are you in an age group that is likely to be vaccinated soon ?

    If so, that's good news for you. But just take a moment to think of those poor people living under the jurisdiction of such an unwieldy organisation as the EU.
    Brexit did not mean that vaccine approvals could be done any quicker.
    https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-vaccine-brexit/

  11. #11

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Poolerblue View Post
    Huge assumption being made is that the EU will still be around in 50 years

    We have seen over the last few years different EU countries wanting more for themselves and less willing to help out the poorer countries

    During the first few months of the pandemic Italy and Spain were given very little support when they needed it most

    The richer EU countries are unwilling to commit to combined EU debt bonds to help “bail out” poorer EU nations

    The problems the EU as a whole are having with vaccinations

    Don’t forget that the EU has just lost one of its biggest net contributors meaning other countries are going to have to pay extra to plug this gap

    Creaking at the seems at present and won’t survive if another one or two countries vote to leave
    If Greece is not out of the EU in the next 10 years I will be extremely surprised.

    Then it'll be the case of how Germany and France clean up after it.

  12. #12

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Poolerblue View Post

    Creaking at the seems at present and won’t survive if another one or two countries vote to leave
    I doubt any other country will have watched the way we went about Brexit and thought "We'll have a bit of that."

  13. #13

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I doubt any other country will have watched the way we went about Brexit and thought "We'll have a bit of that."
    Net favourability of the EU has increased significantly in all EU countries since Brexit.

    I also don't think that Greece leaving would bring the whole thing crashing down somehow.

  14. #14

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Brexit did not mean that vaccine approvals could be done any quicker.
    https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-vaccine-brexit/
    I didn't say it did but that is even more of an indictment of the EU seeing the mess they're currently in with the vaccine roll-out.

    Even the German press are saying that the way Brussels are dealing with the roll-out is the best ever advert there could be for Brexit.

    Germany, France, The Netherlands and Italy all had a preliminary supply agreement with Astrazeneca last June but the EU insisted on dealing with them on on behalf of the bloc.

  15. #15

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It's a fact,why keep on? Learn to lve with it.
    Its done

    And by god we really have been done

    The UK finance sector and investment banking advice was a major employer . Now UK based banks are no longer able to advise European business

    Wealth , taxable income all pissed away to Germany etc

    Rule Brittania

    This is just the start

    Its all very well saying live with it but its going to feck everyone up the arse

    Switch the lights off

  16. #16

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I didn't say it did but that is even more of an indictment of the EU seeing the mess they're currently in with the vaccine roll-out.

    Even the German press are saying that the way Brussels are dealing with the roll-out is the best ever advert there could be for Brexit.

    Germany, France, The Netherlands and Italy all had a preliminary supply agreement with Astrazeneca last June but the EU insisted on dealing with them on on behalf of the bloc.
    christ this mans a libertarian crackpot

  17. #17

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I doubt any other country will have watched the way we went about Brexit and thought "We'll have a bit of that."
    indeed , its been a superb transition and we now have total control of our borders, a bit and our economy , not at all

  18. #18

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    christ this mans a libertarian crackpot
    Get your head out of the sand Sludge and take a more objective view of your beloved EU. Come back when you've had a chance to digest the facts and present a more cogent argument.

  19. #19
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,082

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Its done

    And by god we really have been done

    The UK finance sector and investment banking advice was a major employer . Now UK based banks are no longer able to advise European business But that doesn't matter because it is only the ricxh fat cats that you are alwayswanting to bring down anyway so Brexit has done it for you.

    Wealth , taxable income all pissed away to Germany etc Same answer as above

    Rule Brittania

    This is just the start

    Its all very well saying live with it but I think its going to feck everyone up the arse your opinion.

    Switch the lights off
    You're wasting your breath and you time sludge. Why don't you employ it on something you can actually help to effect?

  20. #20
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,082

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Mike, can we have a yawning smiley please?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •