+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 87

Thread: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

  1. #21

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Net favourability of the EU has increased significantly in all EU countries since Brexit.

    I also don't think that Greece leaving would bring the whole thing crashing down somehow.
    Until they're saddled with the debt.

  2. #22

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Get your head out of the sand Sludge and take a more objective view of your beloved EU. Come back when you've had a chance to digest the facts and present a more cogent argument.
    The country has made a decision

    But its going to feck us

    Twenty percent drop in trade this quarter predicted

    If a business does everything online thats fine but many jobs are going to be lost

    The economists almost overwhelmingly said it would be stupid to leave the EU

    The brexit crew rolled out that far right pillock from cardiff University, Midford, a former advisor to Thatcher

    We have dived into a sea of glass

    UK financial sector , a huge generator of taxable income and jobs ?

    Thats going to be losing influence to Germany

    Goods from China, our main supplier , come through Europe, more expensive to get in

    And goods from Europe itself ? More expensive to get in

    Still we have a new deal with Japan, even though we have one already


    This is just the beginning



    Enjoy the ride

  3. #23

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You're wasting your breath and you time sludge. Why don't you employ it on something you can actually help to effect?
    the opinion of the vast majority of respected economists

    Sir Patrick Midford doesn't count , he's in the John redwood camp

  4. #24
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,138

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The country has made a decision

    But its going to feck us

    Twenty percent drop in trade this quarter predicted

    If a business does everything online thats fine but many jobs are going to be lost

    The economists almost overwhelmingly said it would be stupid to leave the EU

    The brexit crew rolled out that far right pillock from cardiff University, Midford, a former advisor to Thatcher

    We have dived into a sea of glass

    UK financial sector , a huge generator of taxable income and jobs ?

    Thats going to be losing influence to Germany

    Goods from China, our main supplier , come through Europe, more expensive to get in

    And goods from Europe itself ? More expensive to get in

    Still we have a new deal with Japan, even though we have one already


    This is just the beginning



    Enjoy the ride
    Why don't you get out of the habit of stating something as fact when it is only your opinion. Nothing can be fact if it hasn't yet happened.

    Any country outside the EU that has a trade agreement with it will/have set up a continuity agreement with UK. These things have been being arranged for a year. Why do you say that anything from China must come though the UK? Have the bullied China into not trading with us, like the tried to bully the vaccine companies to divert our vaccine supply?

  5. #25

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Poolerblue View Post
    Huge assumption being made is that the EU will still be around in 50 years

    We have seen over the last few years different EU countries wanting more for themselves and less willing to help out the poorer countries

    During the first few months of the pandemic Italy and Spain were given very little support when they needed it most

    The richer EU countries are unwilling to commit to combined EU debt bonds to help “bail out” poorer EU nations

    The problems the EU as a whole are having with vaccinations

    Don’t forget that the EU has just lost one of its biggest net contributors meaning other countries are going to have to pay extra to plug this gap

    Creaking at the seems at present and won’t survive if another one or two countries vote to leave
    That could be true but what replaces the EU will probably be an improvement, we have voted for something that we can be almost certain is tangibly worse.

  6. #26

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I didn't say it did but that is even more of an indictment of the EU seeing the mess they're currently in with the vaccine roll-out.

    Even the German press are saying that the way Brussels are dealing with the roll-out is the best ever advert there could be for Brexit.

    Germany, France, The Netherlands and Italy all had a preliminary supply agreement with Astrazeneca last June but the EU insisted on dealing with them on on behalf of the bloc.
    I actually respect the commission for their decision. Brexiteers simultaneously complained about Germany using the bloc to advantage themselves to the detriment of smaller countries and are now making light of the fact that Germany have been prevented from doing exactly that by the commission, which is it?

    As much as I praise the rollout efforts and foresight to invest public funds into the AZ vaccine, I can't help but wonder how bad this would be going if AZ/Oxford was at the same stage as the many other vaccines. We effectively have a preferential deal with one of the few vaccines to have reached the market, we hit the jackpot.

  7. #27

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why don't you get out of the habit of stating something as fact when it is only your opinion. Nothing can be fact if it hasn't yet happened.

    Any country outside the EU that has a trade agreement with it will/have set up a continuity agreement with UK. These things have been being arranged for a year. Why do you say that anything from China must come though the UK? Have the bullied China into not trading with us, like the tried to bully the vaccine companies to divert our vaccine supply?
    It is a fact that the finance sector (as Sludge says, a huge generator of taxable income and jobs) is losing influence, although not just to Germany . Already, thousands of jobs and trillions of pounds in assets have left the country. Thatís not scaremongering - my wife was involved in an asset transfer worth hundreds of billions and thatís just one of many going on.

  8. #28

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    I imagine all the countries left in the EU will be saying thank goodness those self-serving tossers from the UK have now left us and we will now be able to create an improved EU.

  9. #29

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    I'm amazed that things aren't much worse than they actually are with regards movement of goods from the UK to the EU and vice-versa. I had imagined that every French "jobs-worth" over there would be scouring every single document for the slightest typo or unticked box in order to reject a shipment with consequent queues of lorries building up on either side of the channel. That clearly hasn't happened as the BBC would have been sure to find at least a couple of disgruntled truck drivers or their transport managers having a whinge, much to the delight of the ever optimistic Laura Kuenssberg.

  10. #30
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,138

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I imagine all the countries left in the EU will be saying thank goodness those self-serving tossers from the UK have now left us and we will now be able to create an improved EU.
    The reverse is probably true specially in some of the samller/weaker countries. They relied on UK to face up to the likes of France because they didn't have the clout to do so, and they were worried about UK leaving for fear of being bullied into every little whim the leading lights thought up.

  11. #31

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    It's nothing to be light-hearted about unfortunately.

    Wales has benefitted enormously from EU funding, particularly over the last 20 years and the money will or cannot be replaced by the Welsh or British Governments.

    The problem isn't the spin doctors and downright liars who influenced the referendum, it's the gullible and ignorant who voted to leave.

  12. #32

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Brexit did not mean that vaccine approvals could be done any quicker.
    https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-vaccine-brexit/
    I agree. But it did mean that we could secure supplies more quickly

  13. #33

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The reverse is probably true specially in some of the samller/weaker countries. They relied on UK to face up to the likes of France because they didn't have the clout to do so, and they were worried about UK leaving for fear of being bullied into every little whim the leading lights thought up.
    Are there examples of the UK sticking up for smaller nations? I once read that we were often seen (and appreciated, even by the bigger countries) as the level-headed, sensible member during debates etc. Those were the days!

  14. #34
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,138

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Are there examples of the UK sticking up for smaller nations? I once read that we were often seen (and appreciated, even by the bigger countries) as the level-headed, sensible member during debates etc. Those were the days!
    Level headed and sensible, and more importantly fair to all is exactly what those countries wanted.

  15. #35

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    It's nothing to be light-hearted about unfortunately.

    Wales has benefitted enormously from EU funding, particularly over the last 20 years and the money will or cannot be replaced by the Welsh or British Governments.

    The problem isn't the spin doctors and downright liars who influenced the referendum, it's the gullible and ignorant who voted to leave.
    Thanks for the confirmation that I’m gullible and ignorant. My wife’s been telling me that for years

  16. #36

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why don't you get out of the habit of stating something as fact when it is only your opinion. Nothing can be fact if it hasn't yet happened.

    Any country outside the EU that has a trade agreement with it will/have set up a continuity agreement with UK. These things have been being arranged for a year. Why do you say that anything from China must come though the UK? Have the bullied China into not trading with us, like the tried to bully the vaccine companies to divert our vaccine supply?
    I know for a fact that the financial services sector in the UK is now prevented from advising European business and all those jobs will now go to Europe

    And I know for a fact that China is the world's leading manufacturer and it comes through Europe, to the UK

    And it means goods are going to more expensive to buy

    We don't make anything anymore and almost everything we consume is made in China

    That snazzy Japanese hi tech smart TV? Made in China

    And its still going to be coming through Europe to get here

    Except we are not part of Europe anymore so its going to cost us , big time

    We could of course trade with another major world market on our doorstep and be part of that but I think the nearest one is a 7 hour flight away

  17. #37
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,138

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I know for a fact that the financial services sector in the UK is now prevented from advising European business and all those jobs will now go to Europe

    And I know for a fact that China is the world's leading manufacturer and it comes through Europe, to the UK

    And it means goods are going to more expensive to buy

    We don't make anything anymore and almost everything we consume is made in China

    That snazzy Japanese hi tech smart TV? Made in China

    And its still going to be coming through Europe to get here

    Except we are not part of Europe anymore so its going to cost us , big time

    We could of course trade with another major world market on our doorstep and be part of that but I think the nearest one is a 7 hour flight away
    Why does it have to come through the EU?

  18. #38

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why does it have to come through the EU?
    how do you think stuff from China arrives in the UK

    How does it get here ?

    Where do you think the major terminals for manufactured goods are for distribution to this country ?

    Why do you think Dover , Rotterdam , Hook of Holland are so important to trading links between the UK and Europe and beyond

    Planes are important but what else do you think brings goods from China to Europe?

  19. #39
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,138

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    how do you think stuff from China arrives in the UK

    How does it get here ?

    Where do you think the major terminals for manufactured goods are for distribution to this country ?

    Why do you think Dover , Rotterdam , Hook of Holland are so important to trading links between the UK and Europe and beyond

    Planes are important but what else do you think brings goods from China to Europe?
    If something comes by ship/container it is only in transit. And strange to relate this poor little backward island of ours populated, as you say, by morons and idiots (Read people who don't agree with sludge) does have container ports.

  20. #40

    Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Just out of interest, are you in an age group that is likely to be vaccinated soon ?

    If so, that's good news for you. But just take a moment to think of those poor people living under the jurisdiction of such an unwieldy organisation as the EU.

    So unwieldy that their death rates from covid 19 are way way lower than ours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •