+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

Re: For those who voted 'to get Brexit done'

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its a difficult one as there are voices on both sides of the political and financial argument , some say there has been no real financial benefit of being in Europe since its conception ,some say its hugely regulated , slow moving , and that reduces freedoms outside of Europe , some say other markets like Asia are the new dawn .

Watching the Vaccine roll out one could say independent ( quicker ) decision making helped the UK in its moment of need .

UK may prosper , or fall , no one really knows , all we do know is were a big economy , and someone will want our money and our trade including our valuable service ,security and science /medicine knowledge industries and form partnership / trade deals , and joining the ( CPTPP ) Asia-Pacific free trade bloc ,realigning with Commonwealth countries will be a interesting move .

There is no doubt this is a big leap for teh UK fraught with issues on the way out of the door , it was never claimed to be easy, it was though a democratic decision through many elections and a a ground breaking high turn out referendum .
    Yes it was

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...xit-trade-deal

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Is that your best stab at presenting both sides of the political and financial argument?
    I guess so , sorry I let you down , I realised a long time ago I'm not as advised as you and I will spare you the the laughing face though however here is a view , as part of the Labour Parties election manifesto , if they win the next election they will re join Europe , hey democracy rules ,and I will run with that one , as I've run with this democratic vote ,however risky it has been,or may turn out to be .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Is that your best stab at presenting both sides of the political and financial argument?
    LoM would think that he is perfectly balanced on a see-saw with his arse scraping the floor.

The Amsterdam thing is an inevitable consequence of the type of Brexit this government chose. Other variants which would have respected the democratic will of the people would not inevitably led to the key financial services sector being outside EU financial passporting arrangements and money, jobs and the associated tax receipts fleeing to Paris, Dublin, Frankfurt and Amsterdam. The EU will play hardball on this, not fish is a real benefit of Brexit to that sector.

The government's own economists estimate a GDP loss of 5% over 15 years as a consequence of our withdrawal. The UK government strategic plan for a trade deal with the US anticipates a 0.16% maximum GDP gain in that time period from the stimulus of free trade with the world's largest economy. I haven't seen the estimates of the CPTPP because the government hasn't produced any. However the UK currently has free trade agreements with all of the 11 CPTPP member country except Malaysia, Brunei, Australia and New Zealand as they have rolled over every EU agreement negotiated with these countries. Not clear how much a dent that will make in the 4.84% gap!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9369611.html

https://www.instituteforgovernment.o...rs/trade-cptpp

I guess so , sorry I let you down , I realised a long time ago I'm not as advised as you and I will spare you the the laughing face though however here is a view , as part of the Labour Parties election manifesto , if they win the next election they will re join Europe , hey democracy rules ,and I will run with that one , as I've run with this democratic vote ,however risky it has been,or may turn out to be .
    I give up!

Normally your version of 'balance' is of the Trump variety after Charlottesville: 'very fine people on both sides' to describe white supremacists and KKK on one side and anti-racist protestors on the other.

This time you have gone one step further with your presentation of 'balance'. Your 'both sides of the political and financial argument' can be paraphrased as 'on the one hand the EU is shit, but on the other hand the EU is shit'.

Your response to my comment is as irrelevant and nonsensical as usual, but glad to know you intend to 'run with it'.

To answer question simply , yes they are alarmingly a lot of stupid people out there

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    To answer question simply , yes they are alarmingly a lot of stupid people out there

You do you best , and you should rise above these slurs ,i'm sure your a lovely fella

You do you best , and you should rise above these slurs ,i'm sure your a lovely fella
    Woeful wind up merchant has nibble at Hotel Lib (2,3,3)

Woeful wind up merchant has nibble at Hotel Lib (2,3,3)
    lol

More positive news..........if you are Dutch!

https://www.ft.com/content/3dad4ef3-...3-f629a5b7d0aa
    Brussels punishes the UK for daring to cut the chains and become a free independent nation once more.

About time the UK started banning EU car imports until each model is type approved for use in the UK, by The Vehicle Certification Agency. That might concentrate the minds of our "friends" in The EU. ��

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Brussels punishes the UK for daring to cut the chains and become a free independent nation once more.

About time the UK started banning EU car imports until each model is type approved for use in the UK, by The Vehicle Certification Agency. That might concentrate the minds of our "friends" in The EU. ��
    You think all those financial institutions moved to mainland Europe and Ireland because Brussels told them to rather that the UK government in its wisdom did not seek to negotiate a Brexit that paid little heed or offered scant protection to the services sector that makes up 80% of our economy?

And you seriously think that some ridiculous gesture in the motor sector wouldn't have any impact on UK car production even if it wasn't illegal. You haven't quite thought through this Brexit lark mush!

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post

Well they have a history in spite, best rise above this , we have a broader trade platform than Europe and we will these being played out soon , we will though be more agile than Europe on the world stage .