+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: This Eu vaccine row

Re: This Eu vaccine row

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The EU completely ****ed it up and are now kicking their toys out of the pram.

They wanted the same as us despite signing a contract 3 months later and not approving it, AZ said they could have a "best efforts" in their contract and now the EU are kicking up a fuss about it.

Some German paper even printed some "fake news" about the AZ vaccine being low efficiency (only 8%!) in over 65s.
    That Handelsblatt story was a disgrace, and he tried to double down

They're embarrassed we're cracking on with vaccinations and they'll end up stopping us getting the Pfizer and Moderna supplies. It's going to get ugly because they've mismanaged it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Yes I voted Remain ( though once the decision was made I felt it should be accepted ) but some of the EU's actions in the years since make you realise why so many voted to Leave.
    Agree entirely.
    I voted remain but the country spent the following 3-4 years desperately trying to overturn the democratic decision as opposed to planning for independence

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Iwas also a pro remainer but once the vote was cast I accepted it and think we should move on.
    Some remainers keep knocking on about it as if they really believe that they can still change the result., and complaining there should have been a second vote because it was so close and people weren't told the truth, which translates as "we will not accpet we lost". It's stupid.
    Why didn't Brexiteers accept the referendum result in 1975?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This is a golden example of why we are better off outside of the EU - a gigantic money wasting cabal, unable to make a decision and thinking they can do whatever they like, when they like.
    No it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That Handelsblatt story was a disgrace, and he tried to double down

They're embarrassed we're cracking on with vaccinations and they'll end up stopping us getting the Pfizer and Moderna supplies. It's going to get ugly because they've mismanaged it.
    They're not going to use it now for over 65s either due to lack of data.

If they do block them it's going to get very ugly.

What is false about it?
    Remember the demonstrations of people trying to force parliament to overturn the will of the people? I bet you agreed with them too. 1 million people in London making it look like they had the majority when in face it was only because those that voted to leave weren't there. They only demanded a revote because they lost, if they had won by the same margin you woudn't have heard a peep!! That's the fact.
    The will of the people? It was the will of Farage, Boris, Gove etc and they lied to the people to get it done.

As I understand it both Germany and the Netherlands decided to go their own way and order the vaccines. Later on they cancelled their contracts under threat of legal action by the EU who said that vaccine orders should be procured as an EU bloc. Three months on and the EU signed a "best efforts" contract with AZ but it would appear our swifter action meant we would get priority. Here is an extract written by an Editor at Large at the German newspaper DE Bild which shows how the Germans feel about the EU botch up.

Britons may understandably be feeling more than a little frustrated with their leaders right now during this new and more vicious phase of the pandemic.

Covid infections are soaring in the UK, there are more patients hospitalised than at the peak of the first wave and, tragically, daily deaths yesterday topped the 1,000 mark.

Then there is fury over your school closures, a developing row over who should get the vaccine — young or old — and problems with supply and distribution.

Yes, you may feel things look grim, but let me tell you that many of us here in Europe are looking across the Channel with envy.

The sclerotic and sluggish EU machine has, unforgivably, botched the roll-out of the vaccines, and the consequences are likely to prove fatal to many thousands of our citizens.

The pandemic is almost a year old and EU leaders could have and should have seen the need for a swift, effective vaccine policy a mile off.

Instead, delays, in-fighting, national self-interest and sheer bungling bureaucracy have combined to cripple the EU’s vaccine efforts.

Now a growing fury is spreading as we watch independent countries — particularly Britain, Israel and America — ramping up their vaccine distribution with tremendous efficiency in comparison to our efforts, saving lives, protecting the vulnerable and moving towards ending this terrible crisis.

Why didn't Brexiteers accept the referendum result in 1975?
    Because the vote in 1975 was nothing to do with being a member of a European political union maybe

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Because the vote in 1975 was nothing to do with being a member of a European political union maybe
    YEs the EU of 2016 was a different animal to that of 2016

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I don't think they did but I may have missed something

If memory serves I think the EU paid £290 million up front to support production costs because AZ are doing the vaccine at cost

The irony of all this could be that the Germans end up being right about not using AZ on the over 65’s and then we can’t get hold of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The will of the people? It was the will of Farage, Boris, Gove etc and they lied to the people to get it done.
    I think Imentioned that.
    But 3 years + on, after all the remainers shouting about the 'lying' for all that time, the people still voted for it by electing this government. So you can't say they didn't know then.

And as I also said, if remain had won by the same margin there would not have been a great clamor for a re-vote. It reminds me of when Ireland voted not to have the euro, and the commission instructed the Irish goverment to have another vote, and keep having them until they got the 'correct' answer.
    That's the standard of EU democracy.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    The irony of all this could be that the Germans end up being right about not using AZ on the over 65’s and then we can’t get hold of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines
    Then again, they could not!
    They haven't said it is unsafe they are only questioning the level of efficacy, so in a few months time when their over 65s are dying for lavck of any vaccine at all lets see what their people think.
    But of course if it really concerns you just make sure none of your family over 65 gets the vaccine in question.

And why would we not be able to get the other vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    That would be fine if Brexiteers didn’t campaign to overturn 1975’s result. Farage has campaigned his entire life against Europe.

International

That would be fine if Brexiteers didn’t campaign to overturn 1975’s result. Farage has campaigned his entire life against Europe.
    Whats that saying? Ah yes, once in a generation!!

Heisenberg

I think Imentioned that.
    But 3 years + on, after all the remainers shouting about the 'lying' for all that time, the people still voted for it by electing this government. So you can't say they didn't know then.

And as I also said, if remain had won by the same margin there would not have been a great clamor for a re-vote. It reminds me of when Ireland voted not to have the euro, and the commission instructed the Irish goverment to have another vote, and keep having them until they got the 'correct' answer.
    This is incorrect. More people voted for parties affiliated with 'remain' than 'leave'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9245866.html

'More than half of voters backed pro-referendum parties at the polls despite Boris Johnson’s decisive general election victory.

Analysis of election vote share reveals nearly 52 per cent supported parties in favour of a Final Say vote such as Labour, the Liberal Democrats, the Greens and the SNP, compared with 47 per cent who supported Brexit-backing parties, such as the Tories and the DUP.'

Just for accuracy, like.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This is incorrect. More people voted for parties affiliated with 'remain' than 'leave'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9245866.html

'More than half of voters backed pro-referendum parties at the polls despite Boris Johnson’s decisive general election victory.

Analysis of election vote share reveals nearly 52 per cent supported parties in favour of a Final Say vote such as Labour, the Liberal Democrats, the Greens and the SNP, compared with 47 per cent who supported Brexit-backing parties, such as the Tories and the DUP.'

Just for accuracy, like.
    Just for accuracy like the one party advocating 'getting it done' won the elction. It is what it is.
    Every time labour lose an election, which lets be fair is most of them, they come out with the same shite about the winners getting less than half the vote. They never say it when they win. A bit like remainers really.

What is false about it?
    Remember the demonstrations of people trying to force parliament to overturn the will of the people? I bet you agreed with them too. 1 million people in London making it look like they had the majority when in face it was only because those that voted to leave weren't there. They only demanded a revote because they lost, if they had won by the same margin you woudn't have heard a peep!! That's the fact.
    I accept the people voted for brexit

Its an idiotic decision and it doesn't and won't stop me from telling anyone I meet that if they voted brexit then they will have to justify their vote as soon as the shit hits the fan .

Nothing to do with me

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Quite right xsnaggle.

I voted to leave but never felt the need to crow about the result. Whether the decision to leave turns out to be the right one in the long term remains to be seen but as long as some remainers continue to poor scorn over the result and defy the will of the people there will always be disharmony in the country.
    of course you voted to leave you are a anti europe tory , you have got what you want

Its already happening , the shit is already hitting the fan

Down we go

Phew backroom things at play I think :

Germans and Europe slow approach to the vaccine .
    Having to wait for all 27 to make a single united quick decision
    German ,Dutch elections due
    German ,Dutch protests.
    UK's very early investment gabble paying off ,eeek surely not .

The latest see's Germany's vaccine committee has said Astra Zeneca's Covid jab should only be given to people aged under 65.

But Europe wants more of Astra Zeneca's vaccine if and when they approve it , lol??

Anyone seeing a trend?

Just for accuracy like the one party advocating 'getting it done' won the elction. It is what it is.
    Every time labour lose an election, which lets be fair is most of them, they come out with the same shite about the winners getting less than half the vote. They never say it when they win. A bit like remainers really.
    xsnaggle to mirror ....I am NOT a Conservative

Wash , rinse , repeat

Phew backroom things at play I think :

Germans and Europe slow approach to the vaccine .
    Having to wait for all 27 to make a single united quick decision
    German ,Dutch elections due
    German ,Dutch protests.
    UK's very early investment gabble paying off ,eeek surely not .

The latest see's Germany's vaccine committee has said Astra Zeneca's Covid jab should only be given to people aged under 65.

Anyone seeing a trend?

Groundhog Day post , thought it worth a repeat .lol

I think Imentioned that.

you reckon the rabid anti immigration anti European chunk of people who voted to leave Europe for those very reasons would have accepted a narrow defeat ?

Tell me you are not serious

The no neck idiots among them would have been rioting on the streets

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Some German paper even printed some "fake news" about the AZ vaccine being low efficiency (only 8%!) in over 65s.
    They wouldn't be the first to butcher data to try and make a point though..

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    you reckon the rabid anti immigration anti European chunk of people who voted to leave Europe for those very reasons would have accepted a narrow defeat ?

Tell me you are not serious

The no neck idiots among them would have been rioting on the streets
    we have no way of knowing do we?
    So because you think one side may have done it that makes it Ok for the other side to actually do it, does it?
    Bit like premptive strike.