+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: This Eu vaccine row

Re: This Eu vaccine row

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Have I got this right

Astra Zeneca are telling the EU there will be a shortfall of vaccines supplied by some 50,000 vaccines

EU are insisting they want supplies from the British Astra Zeneca factories in the UK diverted to the EU to make up the shortfall and ensure they get their full 80,000 by the end of March.

Which presumably means that they will get their full quota but we will go short.

Even though we signed our contract 3 months earlier (but doesn't matter according to the EU).

Am I missing something???
    Yes, you're missing the fact that the EU are not getting something they've paid for fairly and squarely.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    YEs the EU of 2016 was a different animal to that of 2016

Change Europe , fair enough

Leave our biggest trading partner , piss about with everything because of untruths from the right wing spread through to the masses , absolute madness

Ken Clarke was a Liberal tory who knew where Britain belonged

Redwood , Bone , Patel , Boris and the Eton lot ?

Donkeys

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    we have no way of knowing do we?
    So because you think one side may have done it that makes it Ok for the other side to actually do it, does it?
    Bit like premptive strike.
    There is none so blind than those that cannot see

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    xsnaggle to mirror ....I am NOT a Conservative

Wash , rinse , repeat
    Its none of your business what my politics may be, and has no bearing on what I said. It would be true even if I was a card carrying member of the trosky party or whatever.
    You like to think referring to someone as a conservative is somehow an insult but only in your head. You are stuck in the trade union controlled past, and like breixt you think we can go back. It was one of those unreconstituted trade unionist that helped Crobyn lose the last election.
    Sad!

Just for accuracy like the one party advocating 'getting it done' won the elction. It is what it is.
    Every time labour lose an election, which lets be fair is most of them, they come out with the same shite about the winners getting less than half the vote. They never say it when they win. A bit like remainers really.
    And let’s not forget this;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-36306681

If Farage regarded 52/48 as “unfinished business”, Remainers can hardly be blamed for feeling the same way.

International

There is none so blind than those that cannot see
    there are none so sad as those with tunnel vision looking backwards

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

If Farage regarded 52/48 as “unfinished business”, Remainers can hardly be blamed for feeding the same way.
    I cannot argue with that but it is now done and it isn't going to be undone any time soon, yet people keep going on about it as if they can still somehow change the ersult.
    I think they want it to fail even if it ruins their own country just so they can say "I told you so".

International

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Yes, you're missing the fact that the EU are not getting something they've paid for fairly and squarely.
    Something they ordered! Do you know they have paid for it all?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

If Farage regarded 52/48 as “unfinished business”, Remainers can hardly be blamed for feeling the same way.

But that is Farage

Doesn't mean that all Leavers felt the same way.

Do you think there would have been many of those Remainers who can't be blamed for agreeing with Farage saying "Oh that was close we will give you Leavers another chance" if it had been 52/48 the other way?

As much chance as seeing Pigs looping the loop in the skies over Cardiff!!

Heisenberg

Just for accuracy like the one party advocating 'getting it done' won the elction. It is what it is.
    Every time labour lose an election, which lets be fair is most of them, they come out with the same shite about the winners getting less than half the vote. They never say it when they win. A bit like remainers really.
    Eh?

The Tories won the election by a majority but they didn't get more than 50% of the votes (I'm including the DUPs vote too)

Which means "the people still voted for it by electing this government" is a lie.

The pro-Brexit parties won less votes than the pro-referendum ones. The Conservatives and DUP got less votes than SNP, Lib Dems, Labour and Green Party. That's a fact. Nobody said that they "won" anything, they just got more votes

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I’ve no doubt at all the contract will have a best efforts clause on behalf of AZ and a clause specifying that the Vaccine be made in the EU on behalf of the European Commission.
    They should have gone to Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Eh?

The Tories won the election by a majority but they didn't get more than 50% of the votes (I'm including the DUPs vote too)

Which means "the people still voted for it by electing this government" is a lie.

The pro-Brexit parties won less votes than the pro-referendum ones. The Conservatives and DUP got less votes than SNP, Lib Dems, Labour and Green Party. That's a fact. Nobody said that they "won" anything, they just got more votes
    It,s called first past the post. It’s how we do it in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    of course but that doesn't take away from the fact that generally more people are not tories

Blair , who I couldn't stand could have changed the voting system but he didn't as he had a massive majority . A true person of democracy would have done that

Instead the liberals sacked up to Cameron to help him form the government in return for a fake PR which the people couldn't even be bothered to get out of bed to vote for

We get what we deserve really

Eh?

The problem with looking at it that simply, is you are ignoring the 4 million labour supporters who voted for brexit. most people are not single issues voters.

Heisenberg

Read my posts again and pinpoint the part where you felt that I needed to be told about 'first past the post'.

I'm not arguing who won the election or how they won it (as I've already said).

Jesus... It's hard work on here sometimes.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    The problem with looking at it that simply, is you are ignoring the 4 million labour supporters who voted for brexit. most people are not single issues voters.
    Are you saying that most people wouldn't vote in a general election based on their views about Brexit then?

Interesting

Change Europe , fair enough

Leave our biggest trading partner , piss about with everything because of untruths from the right wing spread through to the masses , absolute madness

Ken Clarke was a Liberal tory who knew where Britain belonged

Redwood , Bone , Patel , Boris and the Eton lot ?

Donkeys
    What about Tony Benn and Dennis Skinner????

**** the EU, it boils my piss that certain people cannot see that the EU is anti left wing in sooooo many ways.

It’s an unelected cabal.
    Absolute shitbags, and typified in how they are behaving in the biggest crisis in 60 years.

It also amazes me how vindictive people can be.
    I swear that most fervent remainers would rather be proved right than The UK becoming a better place.

I don't really understand the pearl clutching that the EU is acting like a huge protectionist organisation which uses its power to get the best outcome for its members. Most Remainers consider that a key reason why it's usually best to be in that group than outside it.

Britain seems to have done well on this occasion to be higher up the queue but I bet AZ are more scared of them than us so it'll be interesting to see what gets arranged.

I’ve no doubt at all the contract will have a best efforts clause on behalf of AZ and a clause specifying that the Vaccine be made in the EU on behalf of the European Commission.
    They should have gone to Amazon Prime
    Oooo an ours only contract surely not right ?? .

Read my posts again and pinpoint the part where you felt that I needed to be told about 'first past the post'.

I'm not arguing who won the election or how they won it (as I've already said).

Jesus... It's hard work on here sometimes.
    Perhaps its you ?

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    I don't really understand the pearl clutching that the EU is acting like a huge protectionist organisation which uses its power to get the best outcome for its members. Most Remainers consider that a key reason why it's usually best to be in that group than outside it.

Britain seems to have done well on this occasion to be higher up the queue but I bet AZ are more scared of them than us so it'll be interesting to see what gets arranged.
    The contract for The Oxford Vaccine is watertight.
    It’s why the pharma partnership choice was AZ rather than Merck.

They haven’t even approved it yet.
    Utter shitbag clowns!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    The contract for The Oxford Vaccine is watertight.
    It’s why the pharma partnership choice was AZ rather than Merck.

They haven’t even approved it yet.
    Utter shitbag clowns!!
    Been showing thier real colours recently :

COVID-19: EU vaccine rollout has been a mess - and AstraZeneca row adds another layer of tension

The bloc's rollout has been sluggish to authorise, haphazard in distributing doses and well behind the UK, writes Adam Parsons

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Been showing thier real colours recently :

COVID-19: EU vaccine rollout has been a mess - and AstraZeneca row adds another layer of tension

The bloc's rollout has been sluggish to authorise, haphazard in distributing doses and well behind the UK, writes Adam Parsons
    That doesn’t mean shit to some people who have an inflexible narrative.
    “Post Brexit Britain must fail at all costs”

This will further piss off them Europeans

"" Covid-19 vaccine Novavax - of which the British government has ordered 60 million doses - proves 89.3% effective in large-scale UK trials""

Ahead of them again ,why are Europe so ponderous are they too busy at committee stages , its readout of character as the really pushed Brexit through in no time.

Let's get it done I hear them shout .

UK has been first class on this vaccine roll out and Europe should take note .

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perhaps its you ?
    That's the first sentence you've ever said that makes grammatical sense.

It's definitely not me.