Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 MILLWALL. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 MILLWALL. Match thread

Saturday January 30th, ko 3:00pm

Match Officials:

Referee: MATTHEW DONOHUE
    Assistants: Ian Cooper and Robert Hyde
    Fourth Official : Daniel Lamport

Game is live on Cardiff City TV. Co-commentator is ex Millwall player and City's U23 coach Steve Morrison.

Game is not on Sky or Red Button.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MILLWALL. Match thread

We've drawn 6 on the trot against Millwall, already a club record for consecutive draws against the same team.

It isn't the record for consecutive results against the same club, though. We've managed 8 wins in a row against Preston and Wrexham, and lost 8 in a row to Bristol City.

Draw seems a decent bet for Saturday as well. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Saturday January 30th, ko 3:00pm

Match Officials:

Referee: MATTHEW DONOHUE
    Assistants: Ian Cooper and Robert Hyde
    Fourth Official : Daniel Lamport

Game is live on Cardiff City TV. Co-commentator is ex Millwall player and City's U23 coach Steve Morrison.

Game is not on Sky or Red Button.
    We haven’t had this ref this season !

Twice last season, both home, 3-0 against QPR and a 2-3 loss against Blackburn

If Flint keeps his place I give up.

Smithies

Ng
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bagan (Bennett if fit)

Vaulks
    Ralls
    Wilson

Ojo
    Moore
    Murphy

1-0 city.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Smithies

Ng
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bagan (Bennett if fit)

Vaulks
    Ralls
    Wilson

Ojo
    Moore
    Murphy

1-0 city.
    I think Flint is a bit of a favourite of MM so would not be surprised to see him play.
    1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think Flint is a bit of a favourite of MM so would not be surprised to see him play.
    1-1
    Surely not, the bloke is total garbage. I'll revise my prediction to 2-1 Millwall if he's starting

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Surely not, the bloke is total garbage. I'll revise my prediction to 2-1 Millwall if he's starting
    Mark my words!
    1-1

1-1
    You could be on to something there, sees a bit of himself in him..........a 60 year old centre back with dodgy hair.

1-1
    Flint was the shit cherry on top of the turd cake against Barnsley - Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.

1-1
    A manager's favourite, based on the selection pattern of one game?

Hoping for Murphy, Ojo and Wilson to make the starting line up today, we shall see. For me they're our best attacking threats and should be given a chance to prove it under Mick

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Hoping for Murphy, Ojo and Wilson to make the starting line up today, we shall see. For me they're our best attacking threats and should be given a chance to prove it under Mick
    But sadly, what we are really missing for me, are runners from midfield. None of our central midfielders are good enough or energetic enough to join the attacks which makes us easier to defend against. Unless we buy someone in January I can't see that changing sadly.

Will be interesting to see if we stick with three at the back or not. It seemed to get more out of Flint and Morrison than any other attempt at a partnership has so far.

Mark my words!
    1-1
    nailed on draw

Match facts

• The last six league matches between Cardiff and Millwall have all ended as a draw – indeed, 13 of the last 18 league matches between the teams have been draws.
    • Millwall are looking for their first away league win against Cardiff since February 2005, winning 1-0 with a Danny Dichio penalty.
    • In all competitions, Cardiff boss Mick McCarthy has won five of his last six home matches against his former side Millwall (D1), since losing 1-0 in August 2003 with Sunderland.
    • Millwall have won just five of their last 36 away league matches in Wales (D18 L13) although they haven’t lost two league matches there in the same season since 1982/83, when they lost to Cardiff and Wrexham; the Lions lost 2-1 to Swansea earlier this season.
    • Millwall striker Matt Smith has been directly involved in five goals in six league starts against Cardiff City (4 goals, 1 assist).

He's clearly not a fan of Wilson..

WTF???

Or refreshing not sure😂😂😂😂

Three at the back and a lack of attacking players - another youngster on the bench in the talented Ruben Colwill.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    But sadly, what we are really missing for me, are runners from midfield. None of our central midfielders are good enough or energetic enough to join the attacks which makes us easier to defend against. Unless we buy someone in January I can't see that changing sadly.
    None of our midfielders can take hold of the ball and push forward with it.

I’ve no idea what to make of that lineup. Obviously wait to see how it works out.....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Three at the back and a lack of attacking players - another youngster on the bench in the talented Ruben Colwill.
    I know Mick described Bacuna as a creative player but to me that's just two attacking players in the starting eleven. Our bench looks intriguing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Distinct lack of creativity there, **** me.