+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 MILLWALL. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MILLWALL. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Smithies at fault?

How is he meant to shout when it hits Flint's foot a fraction of a second after the Millwall player looks to play it across?
    So how on Earth is it Flint's fault? Smithies has moved to collect the cut back.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 MILLWALL. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Should, maybe, have brought Glatzel on when Kieffer went off, he may have done something.
    We did....
    And he didn't

With today’s team selection, MM is starting to lose any good will I had towards him already.

Picked five defenders, at home to Millwall!!!

Absolutely shocking.

I’d rather we just go for it and he picked Murphy, Wilson, Ojo and Moore to show some attacking intent, and entertainment.

Today was garbage. Like an end of season, mid table game.

And who was the cockney commentator?

‘....Mozz, H, Gaffer, Wazza, Murph, Benno, Glatz..’

The rubbish he kept coming out with

Shouting.....’YOUR OFFSIDE GLATS, YOUR OFFSIDE GLATS..’ I don’t think he could hear him FFS

And that garbage he was going on about with four minutes left, about how it would good for the players to know now how much injury time there would be so they can be composed etc. Was he pissed?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    So how on Earth is it Flint's fault? Smithies has moved to collect the cut back.
    How is an own goal the fault of the player who scored the own goal?
    Errr because he put the ball in his own net mainly.

To say that a goalkeeper should have shouted between the space of a ball being put across the goal mouth and it being in his net a second later is absurd.
    He wouldn't have got the K of keepers out of his mouth in that millisecond let alone shouted.
    I'm all for looking at what went wrong but I can't see how anybody can dig out Smithies for this one.

Another point towards survival is pretty much the gist of it.

The rest of the season now is just ensuring we’re not in league one come August. I think we’ve probably just about done enough, with Wycombe looking like certs and handily Wednesday starting with a points deduction. But our recent form is rock bottom material and the trajectory ain’t particularly rosey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    With today’s team selection, MM is starting to lose any good will I had towards him already.

Absolutely shocking.

I’d rather we just go for it and he picked Murphy, Wilson, Ojo and Moore to show some attacking intent, and entertainment.

Shouting.....’YOUR OFFSIDE GLATS, YOUR OFFSIDE GLATS..’ I don’t think he could hear him FFS

And that garbage he was going on about with four minutes left, about how it would good for the players to know now how much injury time there would be so they can be composed etc. Was he pissed?
    Wasn’t it Steve Morrison our youth coach?

I can picture the scene at Mehmet Towers now as dml1954, I mean errrr Dalman scratches his head wondering why Mick isn't playing prime passing, attacking football and murdering opposition after his masterstroke of installing Harris failed to achieve it.

The unfathomable mystery that is Cardiff City Football Club.

Millwall are not easy to beat and a draw a fair result. 2 average teans who will both end in Mid table.
    Thought NG was targeted and was caught in possession couple of times.
    Bennett well off the pace. Oh for two decent attacking full backs.
    Wholesale changes definitely need to be in summer.

It's Flints fault by a country mile. Smithies didn't make him defend like a twat Smithies didn't put him square on with no ability to adjust his feet, resulting in something that you would see on the parks. All smithies did was anticipate Flint not making the clearance, not slicing it off his right peg at the near post.

How is an own goal the fault of the player who scored the own goal?
    Errr because he put the ball in his own net mainly.

To say that a goalkeeper should have shouted between the space of a ball being put across the goal mouth and it being in his net a second later is absurd.
    He wouldn't have got the K of keepers out of his mouth in that millisecond let alone shouted.
    I'm all for looking at what went wrong but I can't see how anybody can dig out Smithies for this one.
    The main culprit is Morrison, his awful header put us in that position. I'm sure Flint could have done a lot better but every time he breathes its wrong while the whole of our team bar Moore have been a shocking all season and most are getting away with murder on here. Flint and Bennett get so much stick while the rest of the side have been terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    MM has got the starting 11 wrong in both games for me but thankfully we have managed to come back.
    At Barnsley he played the wrong formation for an hour before changing it and then we came into the game. Today we kept the same formation all game and were ineffective throughout.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    We did....
    And he didn't
    Well ride me sideways, I never noticed the bugger

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We've drawn 6 on the trot against Millwall, already a club record for consecutive draws against the same team.

Another positive: someone must have made a ton of money betting on a draw today.

Kieffer missed a great headed chance in the first half but for me the howler was Bennett’s woeful second half effort, I don’t care that he’s not a forward, it was piss easy, so f*cking annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

Absolutely shocking.

I thought the commentary was a slight improvement on what it is usually.
    Certainly better than that kid who seems to pick a big word from the dictionary and shoe horn it in somewhere during the game when a simple word will do.

Quite refreshing hearing somebody who actually knows Morrison call him Mozzer rather than some fan who has never met him too.

The main culprit is Morrison, his awful header put us in that position. I'm sure Flint could have done a lot better but every time he breathes its wrong while the whole of our team bar Moore have been a shocking all season and most are getting away with murder on here. Flint and Bennett get so much stick while the rest of the side have been terrible.
    Flint is awful though. He's an absolute disaster if you get him moving back towards his own goal.

I though that Ralls was really poor today as well. What has happened to him? He should have got the hook instead of Bacuna and even Vaulks looked quite good in comparison.

I'm sure he was.

My issue was with blaming Smithies for a lack of shout that he couldn't have fit in. I also don't think he needs to be hugging his near post until the ball is played either but we'll agree to disagree.

Flint gets pelters because he is invariably pretty crap. Is 6 foot I don't know what and seems to jump about 5 and is never far from ballsing up something. I would let a lot of our starting 11 go and most of the bench though. A lot of them don't do what they are on the pitch to do and fail to do it consistently.

I'm sure he was.

My issue was with blaming Smithies for a lack of shout that he couldn't have fit in. I also don't think he needs to be hugging his near post until the ball is played either but we'll agree to disagree.

Flint gets pelters because he is invariably pretty crap. Is 6 foot I don't know what and seems to jump about 5 and is never far from ballsing up something. I would let a lot of our starting 11 go and most of the bench though. A lot of them don't do what they are on the pitch to do and fail to do it consistently.
    Smithies can see the whole pitch, just talk to them and tell them. We've clearly lost confidence and aren't doing any of the basics. Flint isn't the answer but I dont think he's anywhere near as bad as made out. I wouldn't play him in a 3 though, as he can get isolated.

Our team have been absolutely awful and thank God we have Moore (and Smithies!). I hope we have a semi busy few days, as we could do with a centre mid, centre back and a winger. The main positive, Ng looks at home.

Smithies can see the whole pitch, just talk to them and tell them. We've clearly lost confidence and aren't doing any of the basics. Flint isn't the answer but I dont think he's anywhere near as bad as made out. I wouldn't play him in a 3 though, as he can get isolated.

Our team have been absolutely awful and thank God we have Moore (and Smithies!). I hope we have a semi busy few days, as we could do with a centre mid, centre back and a winger. The main positive, Ng looks at home.
    What is Smithies telling them? I'm not sure I am with you at all.

What can he tell them before the Millwall player looks to pass it across the six yard box?

I'm not sure I am getting how playing with an extra defender gets him more isolated than if we play with a back four either.

Flint is a bad defender. I thought he was awful at Bristol City and enjoyed us playing against him as he was like the tin man. Awkward, slow and prone to regular mistakes. Nothing I've seen while he has been there has changed my opinion on him.

It looks like we will stutter to mid table and then ask the people who picked Harris and are nonplussed why a manager who never played passing attacking football before coming here didn't do so while here. If it wasn't us it would be hilarious.

Too early to judge a manager of course, but:

Morrison was being asked to play a rather creative role on the right hand side; he had the ball more than any other City player in the first half, or it felt like it - and he can't dribble or pass. Furthermore if he made a mistake the awful Flint was inside him.
    It would have been much better if we were playing that system to have NG at right centre and Morrison in the middle.

McCarthy took off our two most creative players - not that they were great but they were better than others. He replaced them with our 2 most skilful subs in the same positions. But Wilson can make things happen.

When Moore was substituted Millwall must have been laughing. The commentator described Glatzel for Moore as "like for like." Glatzel was predictably absolutely useless, couldn't win a header, hold the ball up or make a run. He really is hopeless.

I though Vaulks did ok. Passed better than usual but always has a bloomer in him. 2 free kicks in great positions and Wilson on the bench.

Too early to judge but some of this may be worrying,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by skippy the budgie View Post
    One other positive - I thought Steve Morrison was an interesting and articulate co-commentator (once he found his hankie)
    I thought he was very inarticulate and totally unsuited to the role.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well ride me sideways, I never noticed the bugger
    Don't worry he was very unnoticeable!

Can't believe Mick took Kieffer off to be honest.
    He had a great game and they've all got a full week to recover.
    I felt we could have gone on to win it had he been onnthe pitch.
    He'd scored a goal and was in a great frame of mind.
    Bet his marker was pleased he went off too

If you're going to play a back 3, then why not Bennett, Morrison and Nelson. Flint is woeful except for winning headers in either penalty area.We could have won today, but also just as easily lost. No easy games - they all look increasingly difficult.

What is Smithies telling them? I'm not sure I am with you at all.

What can he tell them before the Millwall player looks to pass it across the six yard box?

I'm not sure I am getting how playing with an extra defender gets him more isolated than if we play with a back four either.

Flint is a bad defender. I thought he was awful at Bristol City and enjoyed us playing against him as he was like the tin man. Awkward, slow and prone to regular mistakes. Nothing I've seen while he has been there has changed my opinion on him.

It looks like we will stutter to mid table and then ask the people who picked Harris and are nonplussed why a manager who never played passing attacking football before coming here didn't do so while here. If it wasn't us it would be hilarious.
    Smithies told flint to slice the ball off his right peg in at the near post, a bit of play that the most sublime player on earth wouldn't create in 9 lifetimes. Smithies would have given one of two shouts, 'Time' which translates to take a touch, or 'Away' which means row z. Even if he didn't give a shout then what Flint managed to produce would have physicists the world over scratching their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy the budgie View Post
    One other positive - I thought Steve Morrison was an interesting and articulate co-commentator (once he found his hankie)
    Each to his own but he's not for me, all the "go on Mozza", "Ohhh Murphs you're onside" gets on my wick