+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ring sting

Ring sting

Here’s a topic... why doesn’t my girlfriend suffer a hot curry? I’m a bit of a curry fanatic, love spicy food daily and generally add chilli to whatever I’m cooking. However the next day I suffer if I go to a level of heat that’s say similar to madras, vindaloo etc. It doesn’t matter whether I use fresh chillies or chilli powder, the capsaicin has to leave me the next day and it burns, sometimes rather painfully as I’m sure some will identify with.

However she never has an issue and claims never to have suffered from ring sting. Last night I did a chicken Xacutti and added Mr Naga pickle, Ghost Pepper Chill Mash and some fresh scotch bonnets. It was dynamite both in heat and flavour. There was no affect on Lady Dargavel whilst I dealt with the usual aftermath. How is this possible? Do any of you know of anyone who it just doesn’t seem to affect? Is it gut flora? Is it superhuman? Or is she just dead on the inside?

Re: Ring sting

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    Here’s a topic... why doesn’t my girlfriend suffer a hot curry? I’m a bit of a curry fanatic, love spicy food daily and generally add chilli to whatever I’m cooking. However the next day I suffer if I go to a level of heat that’s say similar to madras, vindaloo etc. It doesn’t matter whether I use fresh chillies or chilli powder, the capsaicin has to leave me the next day and it burns, sometimes rather painfully as I’m sure some will identify with.

However she never has an issue and claims never to have suffered from ring sting. Last night I did a chicken Xacutti and added Mr Naga pickle, Ghost Pepper Chill Mash and some fresh scotch bonnets. It was dynamite both in heat and flavour. There was no affect on Lady Dargavel whilst I dealt with the usual aftermath. How is this possible? Do any of you know of anyone who it just doesn’t seem to affect? Is it gut flora? Is it superhuman? Or is she just dead on the inside?
    Asbestos Arsehole?

She’s the Teflon touche

Anal Avatar

International

some girls lie!!!!!

Down to your prep work?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Down to your prep work?
    Do expand....

😂😂😂 not this one. She makes a fuss if she’s breaks a nail. I honestly believe her. She’s in and out for a turn out !!! It’s a genuine puzzle to me.

I think some of it is how the spice is incorporated into the dish.
    When I make most curries, the heat is absorbed by typically an onion base.

It’s then absorbed into the liquid.
    If there are seeds or pepper flakes, that is when the exit plan doesn’t quite work for me.

Tasty though 😀

Do expand....
    Expanding would help regarding ring sting

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I think some of it is how the spice is incorporated into the dish.
    When I make most curries, the heat is absorbed by typically an onion base.

It’s then absorbed into the liquid.
    If there are seeds or pepper flakes, that is when the exit plan doesn’t quite work for me.

Tasty though 😀
    whats the hottest dish in the states DC ?

Of course the Mexican influence is everywhere but some of the chicken sizzlers from New Orleans have a bite I hear

Don't say chilli dog , thats limp

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    whats the hottest dish in the states DC ?

Of course the Mexican influence is everywhere but some of the chicken sizzlers from New Orleans have a bite I hear

Don't say chilli dog , thats limp
    Honestly, would have to be chicken wings. Which are done purely out of bravado.
    The heat adds nothing but pain.
    May as well eat a ghost chilli or something.

I used to ask the original Indian restaurants in my area to spice up my dishes...which used to taste just “ketchupy”.
    I didn’t understand then that just adding chili powder on top didn’t work and that it had to be built from the start.
    A Vindaloo here was a lot milder than a regular chicken curry back in the UK.

I did meet my match though in a restaurant in NYC.

Now they are a lot more authentic, not necessarily spicier so wouldn’t ask.

Making one right now...hope it turns out well.

Honestly, would have to be chicken wings. Which are done purely out of bravado.
    The heat adds nothing but pain.
    May as well eat a ghost chilli or something.

I used to ask the original Indian restaurants in my area to spice up my dishes...which used to taste just “ketchupy”.
    I didn’t understand then that just adding chili powder on top didn’t work and that it had to be built from the start.
    A Vindaloo here was a lot milder than a regular chicken curry back in the UK.

I did meet my match though in a restaurant in NYC.

Now they are a lot more authentic, not necessarily spicier so wouldn’t ask.

Making one right now...hope it turns out well.
    put some in the fridge for me , jalfrezi is my limit

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    put some in the fridge for me , jalfrezi is my limit
    It turned out ok, better than I expected to be honest.

I used 3 Chopped onions and cooked them down until they caramalised and used a different balance of spices to what I usually go to.

Pleasantly surprised!

I used 3 Chopped onions and cooked them down until they caramalised and used a different balance of spices to what I usually go to.

Pleasantly surprised!
    Not content with my Kashmiri kofta curry earlier I’ve just had pickled onions in ghost chilli pepper mash sauce. I’ve lost a pint of saliva!!!!

Not content with my Kashmiri kofta curry earlier I’ve just had pickled onions in ghost chilli pepper mash sauce. I’ve lost a pint of saliva!!!!
    I don’t doubt it 😆
    Thanks for reminding me to do a Kofta soon!!

Have a look at the Netflix series 'We Are the Champions' and the episode about the Chilli eating championship. There's s guy on there who just doesn't suffer at all.

Is her third eye benefitting from the gentle lubrication used to facilitate other activities?

send her around here i`ll make her ring sting

Pleasantly surprised!
    I like a curry but I am no chef