+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 MILLWALL. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MILLWALL. Match thread

Poor decision from Wilson then

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Lost count of how many times a seemingly promising position has ground to a halt and gone backwards when the ball is passed to Bennett.

His attacking game consists of shaping to play a ball up the line, faking to do so and turning back and then passing it backwards.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Lost count of how many times a seemingly promising position has ground to a halt and gone backwards when the ball is passed to Bennett.

His attacking game consists of shaping to play a ball up the line, faking to do so and turning back and then passing it backwards.
    You dare not be critical of Bennett. According to some on this forum, he's a 'solid' Championship defender.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Poor decision from Wilson then
    As was Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No.
    What?

He literally does the same thing every time he gets the ball. He very rarely passes the ball to anybody in an advanced position.

Glatzel is useless

1 point at home to millwall , not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You dare not be critical of Bennett. According to some on this forum, he's a 'solid' Championship defender.
    Yeah right, LMFAO

He is one of quite a number of our players that you would find difficult to describe their playing style or what they do well.

We have a fair few.

F/T 1-1

Appalling.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 MILLWALL. Match thread

Hes got that completely wrong. 2 points thrown away.

Putting Glatzel up front on his own ended any outlet up front as well. He cant hold the ball. Flint should have come off not Moore.

3 centre halves all game against that shower of shit feckin ridiculous.

Was Ralls only coming on to take corners. Didn't see him the rest of the time!

Another point towards survival.

It wasn't great but then it wasn't before he came and the players have to look at themselves as well.

We still have a midfield that achieves very little game after game and is hardly ever changed. We need something in there badly and have done for some time. It isn't a problem that has crept up on us. It has been glaringly obvious for anybody to see.

Not sure what the 3 centre halves achieves if I'm honest and especially when the third one is the gaff prone Aden Flint.

8 games without a win but Inching towards safety 😂

Unless MM has learned from this we certainly won't be going anywhere near the playoffs

I would also add that if this is Mick throwing his hat in the ring for the City job then the past two games have shown more why he should not be considered rather than why he should.

Still early days though and we will see very soon if he can turn it around. He hasn't been here very long so can do little to change how many are performing but his team selections aren't doing him many favours.

Should, maybe, have brought Glatzel on when Kieffer went off, he may have done something.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Should, maybe, have brought Glatzel on when Kieffer went off, he may have done something.
    The Millwall defender's must have thought job done when that substitution took place.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Unless MM has learned from this we certainly won't be going anywhere near the playoffs
    Play offs are pie in the Sky.

A lot of players simply going through the motions.

Many know that Mick isn't here long term so are just carrying on with their can't be arsed attitude. Others just aren't up to it and need to be moved on.

I think the midfield three could be moved on and improved on significantly. I'm not a fan of Bennett. He is anonymous in attack and isn't great at defending.
    Flint is Flint. An accident waiting to happen.
    As much as I would like Glatzel to succeed and think that there is a half decent player in there the longer it goes the more I don't think we will see that decent player in a City shirt. I think a move back to Germany to a league with more space and less physicality would benefit him and our club.

Positives:

- Two games unbeaten and twice picking up a point from behind.
    - Murphy and Wilson had positive moments off the bench, Moore took the chance well
    - Derby aside, no one behind us took a jump up the table
    - It's unlikely that we see a back three of Morrison, Nelson and Flint for some time. Nelson needs a rest, bringing Flint straight back into starting XI was probably a bit ambitious
    - Thought Millwall's kit looked nice.

Negatives:

- I don't know what is wrong with this squad but Mick spoke about putting smiles back on their faces and ours and we're quite a long away from that still.

MM has got the starting 11 wrong in both games for me but thankfully we have managed to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    The play-offs?! We're in a relegation scrap. We've taken 2 points from our last 7 games and there isn't a single team in the division that I would be confident of us beating.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    MM has got the starting 11 wrong in both games for me but thankfully we have managed to come back.
    Which we weren't doing under Harris so it is one positive.

I am hoping the longer he is here the more he sees that Flint should be nowhere near the team and that the midfield is as toothless as you will see in this division and applies the needed changes. It rarely happens that way though.

One other positive - I thought Steve Morrison was an interesting and articulate co-commentator (once he found his hankie)