Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
His cockneyisms grated a little and, given his Millwall connections, I think he wanted to over emphasize the fact he was supporting us. But apart from that, he was the first commentator I've heard this season to actually analyze the issues in our play.

He pointed out (correctly) why the attacks kept breaking down as no player was making movements to the corner of the box. This was forcing Morrison to go inside or pinning the winning backs too far wide. He also wasn't afraid to criticize the team or individuals, which is usually anathema on the club commentary. He pointed out that everybody was too far away from Moore. That we were too passive out of possession. That there wasn't enough urgency when moving the ball. To the point where I wonder if it wouldn't have just been cheaper and easier to give him the job as a caretaker.

Certainly far more interesting and insightful to listen to than Jason f**King Perry.
Agreed, some people are a bit snobby when it comes to co commentators. This bloke hasn't any real experience of the job, there are going to be some 'Football-isms- thrown in. He was alright, didn't hold back on being critical or pointing out poor passages of play.