+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 MILLWALL. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 MILLWALL. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Unless MM has learned from this we certainly won't be going anywhere near the playoffs
    The play-offs?! We're in a relegation scrap. We've taken 2 points from our last 7 games and there isn't a single team in the division that I would be confident of us beating.

I would also add that if this is Mick throwing his hat in the ring for the City job then the past two games have shown more why he should not be considered rather than why he should.

Still early days though and we will see very soon if he can turn it around. He hasn't been here very long so can do little to change how many are performing but his team selections aren't doing him many favours.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Should, maybe, have brought Glatzel on when Kieffer went off, he may have done something.
    The Millwall defender's must have thought job done when that substitution took place.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Unless MM has learned from this we certainly won't be going anywhere near the playoffs
    Play offs are pie in the Sky.

A lot of players simply going through the motions.

Many know that Mick isn't here long term so are just carrying on with their can't be arsed attitude. Others just aren't up to it and need to be moved on.

I think the midfield three could be moved on and improved on significantly. I'm not a fan of Bennett. He is anonymous in attack and isn't great at defending.
    Flint is Flint. An accident waiting to happen.
    As much as I would like Glatzel to succeed and think that there is a half decent player in there the longer it goes the more I don't think we will see that decent player in a City shirt. I think a move back to Germany to a league with more space and less physicality would benefit him and our club.

With today’s team selection, MM is starting to lose any good will I had towards him already.

Picked five defenders, at home to Millwall!!!

Absolutely shocking.

I’d rather we just go for it and he picked Murphy, Wilson, Ojo and Moore to show some attacking intent, and entertainment.

Today was garbage. Like an end of season, mid table game.

And who was the cockney commentator?

‘....Mozz, H, Gaffer, Wazza, Murph, Benno, Glatz..’

The rubbish he kept coming out with

Shouting.....’YOUR OFFSIDE GLATS, YOUR OFFSIDE GLATS..’ I don’t think he could hear him FFS

And that garbage he was going on about with four minutes left, about how it would good for the players to know now how much injury time there would be so they can be composed etc. Was he pissed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    With today’s team selection, MM is starting to lose any good will I had towards him already.

Absolutely shocking.

I’d rather we just go for it and he picked Murphy, Wilson, Ojo and Moore to show some attacking intent, and entertainment.

Shouting.....’YOUR OFFSIDE GLATS, YOUR OFFSIDE GLATS..’ I don’t think he could hear him FFS

And that garbage he was going on about with four minutes left, about how it would good for the players to know now how much injury time there would be so they can be composed etc. Was he pissed?
    I thought the commentary was a slight improvement on what it is usually.
    Certainly better than that kid who seems to pick a big word from the dictionary and shoe horn it in somewhere during the game when a simple word will do.

Quite refreshing hearing somebody who actually knows Morrison call him Mozzer rather than some fan who has never met him too.

MM has got the starting 11 wrong in both games for me but thankfully we have managed to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    MM has got the starting 11 wrong in both games for me but thankfully we have managed to come back.
    At Barnsley he played the wrong formation for an hour before changing it and then we came into the game. Today we kept the same formation all game and were ineffective throughout.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Which we weren't doing under Harris so it is one positive.

I am hoping the longer he is here the more he sees that Flint should be nowhere near the team and that the midfield is as toothless as you will see in this division and applies the needed changes. It rarely happens that way though.

One other positive - I thought Steve Morrison was an interesting and articulate co-commentator (once he found his hankie)

Quote Originally Posted by skippy the budgie View Post
    One other positive - I thought Steve Morrison was an interesting and articulate co-commentator (once he found his hankie)
    I thought he was very inarticulate and totally unsuited to the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I thought he was very inarticulate and totally unsuited to the role.
    He wasn't great, although he was critical on times, not just on passages of play, but of individuals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy the budgie View Post
    Each to his own but he's not for me, all the "go on Mozza", "Ohhh Murphs you're onside" gets on my wick

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Should, maybe, have brought Glatzel on when Kieffer went off, he may have done something.
    We did....
    And he didn't

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    We did....
    And he didn't
    Well ride me sideways, I never noticed the bugger

Kieffer missed a great headed chance in the first half but for me the howler was Bennett’s woeful second half effort, I don’t care that he’s not a forward, it was piss easy, so f*cking annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    So how on Earth is it Flint's fault? Smithies has moved to collect the cut back.
    How is an own goal the fault of the player who scored the own goal?
    Errr because he put the ball in his own net mainly.

To say that a goalkeeper should have shouted between the space of a ball being put across the goal mouth and it being in his net a second later is absurd.
    He wouldn't have got the K of keepers out of his mouth in that millisecond let alone shouted.
    I'm all for looking at what went wrong but I can't see how anybody can dig out Smithies for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    How is an own goal the fault of the player who scored the own goal?
    Errr because he put the ball in his own net mainly.

To say that a goalkeeper should have shouted between the space of a ball being put across the goal mouth and it being in his net a second later is absurd.
    He wouldn't have got the K of keepers out of his mouth in that millisecond let alone shouted.
    I'm all for looking at what went wrong but I can't see how anybody can dig out Smithies for this one.
    The main culprit is Morrison, his awful header put us in that position. I'm sure Flint could have done a lot better but every time he breathes its wrong while the whole of our team bar Moore have been a shocking all season and most are getting away with murder on here. Flint and Bennett get so much stick while the rest of the side have been terrible.

The main culprit is Morrison, his awful header put us in that position. I'm sure Flint could have done a lot better but every time he breathes its wrong while the whole of our team bar Moore have been a shocking all season and most are getting away with murder on here. Flint and Bennett get so much stick while the rest of the side have been terrible.
    Flint is awful though. He's an absolute disaster if you get him moving back towards his own goal.

I though that Ralls was really poor today as well. What has happened to him? He should have got the hook instead of Bacuna and even Vaulks looked quite good in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Flint is awful though. He's an absolute disaster if you get him moving back towards his own goal.

I though that Ralls was really poor today as well. What has happened to him? He should have got the hook instead of Bacuna and even Vaulks looked quite good in comparison.
    All three for replacement in midfield.
    Our tactic of playing 3 at the back would be a dream for most opposition, who do their homework.
    All three are slow, cumbersome and have little/no ability on the ball. Play a couple of quick forwards and focus on keeping the ball on the floor and we would concede bucket loads of goals.

Apart from Smithies and Moore, I don’t think there is a stand out player worth holding onto

With hindsight, Morrison should have just taken the (extremely) easy option, and just headed it out. He tried to keep the ball alive, and their player seized on it unfortunately. Our 2 “wingbacks” never really got going today, a poor OG, and we missed 2 sitters.... let’s hope we can get it right against Bristol next weekend.

Another point towards survival is pretty much the gist of it.

The rest of the season now is just ensuring we’re not in league one come August. I think we’ve probably just about done enough, with Wycombe looking like certs and handily Wednesday starting with a points deduction. But our recent form is rock bottom material and the trajectory ain’t particularly rosey.

Absolutely shocking.

Wasn’t it Steve Morrison our youth coach?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wasn’t it Steve Morrison our youth coach?

I wondered if it was him, but I thought we’d got rid of all Harris’s cockney mafia.

I wondered if it was him, but I thought we’d got rid of all Harris’s cockney mafia.
    He's still there, under 23 coach, not youth.