+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AO washing machine delivery

Re: AO washing machine delivery

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    People on zero hour contracts have the same employment rights - including redundancy, pensions - as someone with fixed hours. Larger organizations with flexible demand need to have a number of employees on zero hrs - it works for both parties. True there are those who haven't the security of hours offered that they would like, but for most they wouldn't change things..
    Spoken like a true Tory. Sub human scum.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Any evidence for zero hour contracts being popular for the majority?
    They’re not. They might suit one person in a thousand. A person with no responsibilities.

One of the boys I work with was working for Amazon whilst he’s on furlough. He said they are called into work and then sent home after a couple of hours work, or shifts cancelled very last minute. Not an issue for him as he’s just topping up his furlough money and he’s financially secure anyway, no kids.Etc He said the stress it’s bringing on people who’ve got rent to pay, a family to feed is awful and heartbreaking. How anyone can say that is a suitable way of working and living is beyond me.

He quit the job as he’s already got furlough money and hopefully someone who needs the money more than he does can get more hours.

Hope it wasn’t the same lads who delivered my new fridge recently.

Scratched my front door. Had £100 back off AO scant consolation for 2 big white scratches on a grey front door that’s not even 3 year old.

Did this really happen Sludge? You told an almost identical story last year. Fella from Ponty, bluebird, making a delivery, you have him some pity money. All sounds a bit deja vu to me.

I have bought two appliances from ao.
    Both proved defective after being installed - which was costly in effort and time and stressful.
    I will never buy from them again.
    Many of their bargain lines seem to be out-of-date stock.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Spoken like a true Tory. Sub human scum.

You must some sort of mental issues to call me that for my post. I hope there are people close to you who can help

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    LOM how do you class the gig economy and where do you arrive with the 5 million mark ?
    Saw the 5 million mentioned in last election my vague understanding its a sort of last minute call off work via part time or short term ,like
    freelance work , driven by demand such as Amazon , AO drivers and just eats delivery .

gig economy is not suited to long/ full time work , member of my family likes it has it supplements his morning / day job when theres no overtime, he jumps on just eat or the amazon daily slots.

You just go on the companies websites each day and select your work , the beauty of it you can dip in and out each day and it helps with thier child care flexibility along with his partners needs .

It works for them earning a fortune at the moment 50 to 60 quid a day , paying off the mortgage quickly as you can imagine there us a waiting list for these jobs which can be fiancially lucrative .

Budd Electrical and/or Radiocract. As cheap as AO and happy to carry up stairs and take old away for relatively little !
    Radiocraft Canton ?

City fans

That will do me

Did this really happen Sludge? You told an almost identical story last year. Fella from Ponty, bluebird, making a delivery, you have him some pity money. All sounds a bit deja vu to me.
    of course it did

Do you want to see some photos ?

Nothing to do with a washing machine though

The Zero Hour game has been around for years

No job security ( make your way into work, told nothing going, home you go )
    No Holidays
    No Sickpay

it used to be called being self employed, which as it goes i have been since i the early 90's

It does indeed. My wife along with several friends I know who have 'downsized' work-wise in recent years have found the flexibility of zero-hours contracts a god send. They can pick hours to suit other activities and commitments and employers have a bank of people they can call on additionally when they need them. When Labour politicians were screaming for the abolition of zero hr contracts they were aghast - without them they'd struggle to find suitable work. Purely political of course..
    How wrong you are. What are your wife's circumstances? Are you on the bones of your arse, living week to week, bringing up young children, having to sort out childcare etc? If not, then a zero hour contract to top up the funds as and when is very suitable for someone who doesn't want to, or need to commit to full time hours.

Here's my experience. I was self employed (plasterer) while my kids were young, my missus only worked 11 hours a week. I did pretty well, long hours though and plenty of travelling. I decided to get myself a second job close to home in order to supplement my income and have some money when i had to wait 30-60 days for payment to arrive. I decided to take on some support-care work, about 20 hours a week, as well as my day job. I only worked evenings and the odd weekend.

Over the time i did the job, i worked with plenty of other workers on zero hour contracts, most of them women with young kids who would be out from 6.30 am until 10.30 pm. In that time they would get about 13 calls, £8,30 for an hour call, half of that for half hour, Worked out at about £80 with a 17 hour commitment, huge gaps in between calls with no pay, no pay for travel between calls, no pay for wear and tear on vehicle. Some women were doing this five days per week. When the subject was raised over secure contracts, all of the people i spoke to were unanimous in their opinion that they would much prefer fixed hours with a proper contract, so that they could have some family life with their kids and better pay and conditions.

Plenty of care workers would have regulars, those regulars represented money. If they died or went into hospital(which happened constantly) then that would represent a huge loss of hours for the worker as the care agency would not replace the service user for months, if ever.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I always go to Richer sounds in canton.
    Recently bought a TV and a sonos sound bar.

As they say shop independent
    Do they sell washing machines?

International

I think you should change you picture. You've been really grumpy since you started using that one..

And he looks like he just swallowed a wasp

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think you should change you picture. You've been really grumpy since you started using that one..

And he looks like he just swallowed a wasp
    Shurrup Snaggles

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Saw the 5 million mentioned in last election my vague understanding its a sort of last minute call off work via part time or short term ,like
    freelance work , driven by demand such as Amazon , AO drivers and just eats delivery .

gig economy is not suited to long/ full time work , member of my family likes it has it supplements his morning / day job when theres no overtime, he jumps on just eat or the amazon daily slots.

You just go on the companies websites each day and select your work , the beauty of it you can dip in and out each day and it helps with thier child care flexibility along with his partners needs .

It works for them earning a fortune at the moment 50 to 60 quid a day , paying off the mortgage quickly as you can imagine there us a waiting list for these jobs which can be fiancially lucrative .
    o i see now the 5 million mark rings true if you include freelancers not just zero contract hours workers . Freelancers generally work on short term contracts not zero hour contracts say 3 or 6 months of work and there has been a massive increase in that area over the last few years

as for zero hour contract workers say if you work for Amazon to supplement another income how does the tax work ? I think if you earn a certain amount however many jobs you do you will get hammered with tax ?

International

Shurrup Snaggles
    Shutting uyp now sir!!!!!!

Besides, I've enjoyed having a bbit of argy bargy and provoking on here for the last 3 days but I have to go to bed now. Working tomorrow and I think the roads up your way and Cwm and Abercynon may be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Shutting uyp now sir!!!!!!

Besides, I've enjoyed having a bbit of argy bargy and provoking on here for the last 3 days but I have to go to bed now. Working tomorrow and I think the roads up your way and Cwm and Abercynon may be bad.
    Working? I always thought you was about 70 and retired.

And Cwm is nowhere near Merthyr you cheeky bastard. They live in a different decade.

International

Working? I always thought you was about 70 and retired.

And Cwm is nowhere near Merthyr you cheeky bastard. They live in a different decade.
    I am and I do.

and I agree, in some ways they are separated by a liftime. But in my defence, I did say up your way AND Cwm, as in 2 different (very different) places

This thread was about capitalist multi nationals and low pay now its a love in between two nerks straight out of deliverance

I am off

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This thread was about capitalist multi nationals and low pay now its a love in between two nerks straight out of deliverance

I am off
    Good. Shut the door on your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How wrong you are. What are your wife's circumstances? Are you on the bones of your arse, living week to week, bringing up young children, having to sort out childcare etc? If not, then a zero hour contract to top up the funds as and when is very suitable for someone who doesn't want to, or need to commit to full time hours.

Here's my experience. I was self employed (plasterer) while my kids were young, my missus only worked 11 hours a week. I did pretty well, long hours though and plenty of travelling. I decided to get myself a second job close to home in order to supplement my income and have some money when i had to wait 30-60 days for payment to arrive. I decided to take on some support-care work, about 20 hours a week, as well as my day job. I only worked evenings and the odd weekend.

Over the time i did the job, i worked with plenty of other workers on zero hour contracts, most of them women with young kids who would be out from 6.30 am until 10.30 pm. In that time they would get about 13 calls, £8,30 for an hour call, half of that for half hour, Worked out at about £80 with a 17 hour commitment, huge gaps in between calls with no pay, no pay for travel between calls, no pay for wear and tear on vehicle. Some women were doing this five days per week. When the subject was raised over secure contracts, all of the people i spoke to were unanimous in their opinion that they would much prefer fixed hours with a proper contract, so that they could have some family life with their kids and better pay and conditions.

Plenty of care workers would have regulars, those regulars represented money. If they died or went into hospital(which happened constantly) then that would represent a huge loss of hours for the worker as the care agency would not replace the service user for months, if ever.
    Great post

Good. Shut the door on your way out.
    Right if you want to get up front I am staying

Hope the A470 snows you in

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The Zero Hour game has been around for years

No job security ( make your way into work, told nothing going, home you go )
    No Holidays
    No Sickpay

it used to be called being self employed, which as it goes i have been since i the early 90's
    They're not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Right if you want to get up front I am staying

Hope the A470 snows you in
    I don’t need to use the a470 to get to work so swivel on that

I don’t need to use the a470 to get to work so swivel on that
    Do you need it to watch city ?

Or do you take the train ?

If you take the train or road and we are able to watch city in August then I am doing a red Indian style snow dance for unseasonal snow and ice Aberfan northwards

You going to be stuck up there for years buddy

I have connections