+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ciaron Brown

Ciaron Brown

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/ciaron-br...-cardiff-city/

Following the conclusion of his loan spell, defender Ciaron Brown will return to his parent club, Cardiff City after tomorrow’s clash with Aberdeen.

Niggling injuries early in the season meant Ciaron had a somewhat stop-start opening few months however, as fitness returned and the defender got more minutes under his belt, he became a prominent player in the squad and has become a real first-team regular over this current undefeated run.

With new Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy looking to stamp his mark on the squad, he has identified Ciaron as being a player who can help strengthen the Bluebirds after some brilliant performances for the Lions.

David Martindale said: “I wish Ciaron nothing but the best. He has been outstanding for us in all three spells at the club. He is held in high regard with all the coaches and players at the club and will be a big loss for the remainder of the season.

“I’m delighted that he has the opportunity to go down and show the new manager what he is capable of. I really hope he can push himself for a starting position with Cardiff City on a weekly basis.

“We feel we are more than adequately covered as we suspected Ciaron’s loan deal may not get extended. It’s no surprise that he has been called back and we wish Ciaron nothing but success.”

Good luck from all at Livingston FC Ciaron – thanks for your efforts!

Re: Ciaron Brown

He seems to have done well there and is thought of highly.

If Mick McCarthy is minded to go with a back three again, Brown, with his knowledge of the system he gained while playing it through all of his loan spells at Livingston I believe, has to be a strong contender to play on the left of a three.

Well it certainly can't be Aden Flint. Brown seemed poised to get into the first team here at one point , being selected in pre season games then they sent him back on loan which ( I think) was about the time they bought Flint.

Try and get Flint off the wage bill again and brown is a great back up option. Ng can play in a back 3 if needed as well.

It was reported that he was available for Livingstone this weekend but, according to this, he's back with us.
    https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/st...687011333?s=19

Lets play him

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If Mick McCarthy is minded to go with a back three again, Brown, with his knowledge of the system he gained while playing it through all of his loan spells at Livingston I believe, has to be a strong contender to play on the left of a three.
    Considering how poorly Curtis Nelson has played this season, I'd like to see Ciaron Brown and Sean Morrison get a run of games as a centre-back partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Considering how poorly Curtis Nelson has played this season, I'd like to see Ciaron Brown and Sean Morrison get a run of games as a centre-back partnership.
    Yup, Nelson has got off lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, Nelson has got off lightly.
    Yeah agree with this.

I hope MM doesn't try Flint and Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Yeah agree with this.

I hope MM doesn't try Flint and Morrison
    how about Flint and Nelson ??

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    McCarthy clearly feels Flint has a lot to offer, so I wouldn’t rule out a Morrison, Flint, Brown back three. Nelson has been an automatic selection for a year, but I agree that shouldn’t be the case now given his recent form.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    McCarthy clearly feels Flint has a lot to offer, so I wouldn’t rule out a Morrison, Flint, Brown back three. Nelson has been an automatic selection for a year, but I agree that shouldn’t be the case now given his recent form.
    I think Flint for set pieces is bloody good, last week apart

Open play he's a liability but I'm still not convinced on Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    how about Flint and Nelson ??
    I wouldn't even have Flint on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    It was reported that he was available for Livingstone this weekend but, according to this, he's back with us.
    https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/st...687011333?s=19
    Read today that he's still with Livingstone until after the weekend.