+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Harry Arter

Re: Harry Arter

I'd take him on a two year

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He was just a dog, he didn't have the intelligence to put himself in positions where he could intercept the ball, he just reacted and wasted a load of energy.
    Absolutely right! He didn't know how to close down an opponent correctly by attempting to cut off the pass.

As you said, it was just like watching a dog, he'd run directly towards the ball carrier, who in turn would pass the ball to a team-mate, they'd pass the ball around him in triangles.

Never seen a player waste so much energy for so little reward.

I'm sure hes still got enough about him to add something to a league 1 or 2 team, but not for a team with ambitions (hopefully) towards the top half of the championship and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Plenty of City fans love that kind of non productive rubbish.
    They do indeed. Seen them clap in large numbers in appreciation of players who just run around like headless chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No thanks, he's shit

He wasn't particularly good for us in the Premier League, but because he ran around like a headless chicken and "got stuck in" our fans thought he was the messiah

Has a petulant streak in him as well
    Rather a player that gets stuck in and has some work ethic than some of the show ponies we have at the club at the moment. Thats half our problem, we need someone to get the dressing room by the balls and get more out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I would have liked to have kept him a couple of years ago. But not now.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Rather a player that gets stuck in and has some work ethic than some of the show ponies we have at the club at the moment. Thats half our problem, we need someone to get the dressing room by the balls and get more out of them.
    Agree.
    Everyone saying he’s absolute crap, I’m wondering which one of our current midfielders is actually better than him? That’s right, none.

Mick McCarthy was saying he was looking at adding something creative to the squad in the next few days - glad to hear that because that’s what we need, Harry Arter would just offer more of the same.

Haven't seen much of him since he was here. He did ok in the prem squad but wasn't quite the ball winning player I'd hoped he would be. In tghe Championship you would assume he would be better but we already have Vaulks and Ralls that offer similar, Bacuna whilst a little better going forward is also almost the same as the others. Adding another in Arter would be of little use, badly need someone who can create to offer a different dimension to our attacks.

Where is this notion that he did well in the Prem for us come from?

Before he come to us I thought he was a composed footballer who could pick a pass and was really enthused by his signing. By the time he left I realised he was just a better looking Gareth Stoker.

I liked him, you need a busy little f**ker in the middle of the pitch sometimes and in some of the shitter games some of his running around and diving into tackles were the most entertaining thing going on. His shooting was absolutely woeful though

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I liked him, you need a busy little f**ker in the middle of the pitch sometimes and in some of the shitter games some of his running around and diving into tackles were the most entertaining thing going on. His shooting was absolutely woeful though
    "Diving into tackles" - yup, that's Harry Arter for you!

That isn't the problem at all! Our issue is the lack of quality in midfield, not a lack of work ethic. Arter is just more of the same

Arter is old, would be on big wages and offers nothing creatively, he is exactly what we should be trying to move away from

That isn't the problem at all! Our issue is the lack of quality in midfield, not a lack of work ethic. Arter is just more of the same

Arter is old, would be on big wages and offers nothing creatively, he is exactly what we should be trying to move away from
    If you think we've seen maximum effort from all the players this season then I don't know what to tell you.
    Fed up of the managers getting stick and the players getting away with it, what other walk of life would that be acceptable? Ridiculous

If you think we've seen maximum effort from all the players this season then I don't know what to tell you.
    Fed up of the managers getting stick and the players getting away with it, what other walk of life would that be acceptable? Ridiculous
    You really think another midfield clogger is the answer? What exactly will Harry Arter, a player deemed not good enough for 20th placed Nottingham Forest, bring to our midfield?

We can't pass the ball or create anything in open play, a bloke running aimlessly will not solve that.

Agree with a lot of the comments above and although he might be marginally better than what we have at the moment, i.e. a grafter, he hasn't got the creative quality we are desperately in need of.

The older he gets the slower he gets and perhaps this has already been noticed.

Arter did okay with us in the prem but he is hardly subtle in the tackle.
    We have a rep already of being a "tough uncompromising anti-football" team and bring him here would exacerbate the situation.
    Its a "no" from me.

You really think another midfield clogger is the answer? What exactly will Harry Arter, a player deemed not good enough for 20th placed Nottingham Forest, bring to our midfield?

We can't pass the ball or create anything in open play, a bloke running aimlessly will not solve that.
    I think he's better than what we already have in the middle, that's a worry but it's my opinion

I think he's better than what we already have in the middle, that's a worry but it's my opinion
    Better than what we already have - it would be difficult to be any worse!

Not the only one, read my post. Compared to Pack and Vaulks he's a midfield God
    He's a lot better than what we've got.

We're not in a position to be turning our nose up at a midfielder that actually plays like one.

Bacuna was like the invisible man Wednesday against Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

We're not in a position to be turning our nose up at a midfielder that actually plays like one.

If he's a lot better, why do you think 20th placed Nottingham Forest have decided to let him go?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We should be trying to sign players that are good at this level, not slightly better than what we've got! Arter would be a very expensive slight upgrade and we'll be in a similar situation to Pack and Vaulks when Arter's legs completely pack in (if they haven't already). He can't get in This Forest side, and they are awful.
    EXACTLY

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    EXACTLY
    Kind of my thoughts, I do think he's better than what we got but there are mor expressing issues.

Based on what? he can run around and get stuck in? Forest are shit and they want rid. I don't know how anyone can watch our bunch of cloggers and think we need another one

If you watched that game today and the game against Barnsley and don't think Arter improves that central midfield then I'm worried for you.

If you watched that game today and the game against Barnsley and don't think Arter improves that central midfield then I'm worried for you.
    If you've seen Arter play for Forest this season and you think that he improves our midfield then I'm worried for you.