Thread: Harry Arter

Harry Arter

Told by Forest to find a new club.

Have him back?

Re: Harry Arter

No. He’s shit.

No.

From the bits and pieces I have seen of Forest this season Arter has not played well. He is in fast decline. Not what we need even if he was at his level of 3 years ago. He was many things at his best, but never to my mind a 'creative midfielder'. He is no longer at his best.

A dreadful footballer, how he has made a career out of it shows that working your bollocks off and closing down anything that moves can do you alright. Can't tackle, can't run with the ball. He's only 31.

I would have liked to have kept him a couple of years ago. But not now.

I thought he did well for us in the Premier League although his most memorable achievement was to accrue yellow cards. However, he is too old now especially as we are trying to reduce the average age of the squad and is not the type of player we now need.

He'd be 31, on big money and we've got too many of them. Plus, he's not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He'd be 31, on big money and we've got too many of them. Plus, he's not very good.
    Lets go for young eager players.

I’d say Arter is the sort of player who doesn’t have much to offer once his legs start to go and he’s at that stage now. Some of the comments earlier were a bit harsh I thought because I thought though, he was excellent in the season Bournemouth won the league. I also thought he did a decent job when he was here, but, despite us having a footballer in midfield in Camarasa the balance, in true Cardiff style, wasn’t right.

I'd take him on pay per play if nothing else.
    I expect MM and the Chairman are more up to date about his alleged decline than I am but it's hard to think of many harder working players here.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Told by Forest to find a new club.

Have him back?
    I'd take him over Pack and Vaulks in a heartbeat

No way! Mind he is better than what we already have in midfield.
    Spedger

I’m the only one that thinks he’d do well.

Don’t know if he’s lost it but exactly what we need. Someone that can break play up quickly

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Don’t know if he’s lost it but exactly what we need. Someone that can break play up quickly
    Not the only one, read my post. Compared to Pack and Vaulks he's a midfield God

Two years older than when he was with us, hardly pulled up any tricky trees at Forest, in fact was, although in the Premier League, very often like a headless chicken playing for us. Aged rejects from clubs on a par with us cannot be the way forward, just another financial millstone.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Not the only one, read my post. Compared to Pack and Vaulks he's a midfield God
    He’s rubbish that’s why Forest want rid!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    He’s rubbish that’s why Forest want rid!
    Pack and Vaulks aren't exactly setting the world on fire. At least he has energy and something about him

Better than what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

He was just a dog, he didn't have the intelligence to put himself in positions where he could intercept the ball, he just reacted and wasted a load of energy.

think he would be a perfect fit to where we are now on a short term contract mind

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Pack and Vaulks aren't exactly setting the world on fire. At least he has energy and something about him
    We should be trying to sign players that are good at this level, not slightly better than what we've got! Arter would be a very expensive slight upgrade and we'll be in a similar situation to Pack and Vaulks when Arter's legs completely pack in (if they haven't already). He can't get in This Forest side, and they are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    think he would be a perfect fit to where we are now on a short term contract mind
    He's finished at this level.

I've seen him play for Forest a few times this season and he's been completely anonymous. He's got a contract with them until 2023 as well.

No thanks, he's shit

He wasn't particularly good for us in the Premier League, but because he ran around like a headless chicken and "got stuck in" our fans thought he was the messiah

Has a petulant streak in him as well

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No thanks, he's shit

He wasn't particularly good for us in the Premier League, but because he ran around like a headless chicken and "got stuck in" our fans thought he was the messiah

Has a petulant streak in him as well
    Plenty of City fans love that kind of non productive rubbish.