+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Harry Arter

Re: Harry Arter

Our midfield is a mess because most of them do a similar job, all have big limitations which need to be worked around and they're all on long and/or expensive contracts.

If there the increasingly restricted budget has had any role in stopping us revamping the midfield then adding a player who also fits that description isn't going to help us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    If you've seen Arter play for Forest this season and you think that he improves our midfield then I'm worried for you.
    I've seen enough of our midfield and Harry Arter to be confident that he would improve it.

His work rate is head and shoulders above some of our midfield. He is a better passer of the ball.and gets stuck in.

If you think all of our players do that then you can't have seen Bacuna against Barnsley, Ralls today and how bang average Vaulks has been this season.

For some players the club is not a great fit. Forest are hardly pulling up trees this season as a whole.

Just to clear this up I am not saying Arter is a world beater.

He is though, for me, a better all round player than the three we have in there at the minute.
    I'm honestly not sure what our current midfield do or what their overall approach to a game is. It is low energy, they don't pass the ball, when they receive the ball the play slows down or they kick it away and you couldn't really describe any of them as getting stuck in, having too many goals in their locker or the ability to beat a man. All very ordinary and uninspiring.

Arter improves it for me but it is in the main a slight on the current central midfield at our club than praise for Arter to any great degree.

He's better than anything we've got

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    He's better than anything we've got
    Yeah.

If anybody can look at those two balls Vaulks and Ralls played today where Moore was 10 yards ahead of them and they smacked it around 30 yards and over his head and say that Arter isn't better than that and keep a straight face then they're better than me.

Are the people on here who are putting the case for Arter basing it on when he was here a couple of years ago or have they watched him regularly this season?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Are the people on here who are putting the case for Arter basing it on when he was here a couple of years ago or have they watched him regularly this season?
    They never miss a Forest match.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    They never miss a Forest match.
    Yet, Arter misses plenty, and not through injury.....hmmmmm

Ok, what have you seen from our central midfield this season?

I've seen them not create anything. I've seen them in the main chase shadows. I've seen them being anonymous on way too many occasions to mention. I've seen them bypassed and passed through on a ridiculously regular basis.

What have you seen that is anywhere near the standard it should be?

I'm basing it on our midfield three. Again, IMO he's better than any of them

The guy just runs for the sake of it, he's 31 now so how long can he carry on playing at this level? He's not a good passer either despite some claims in this thread

We could do better, even his brother in-law didn't fancy keeping him around after Fulham were promoted.

Next year we have Bacuna, Vaulks, Ralls and Pack on our books. If we sign Arter we end up having exactly same thread this time next year but with one extra name to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Ok, what have you seen from our central midfield this season?

I've seen them not create anything. I've seen them in the main chase shadows. I've seen them being anonymous on way too many occasions to mention. I've seen them bypassed and passed through on a ridiculously regular basis.

What have you seen that is anywhere near the standard it should be?
    Forest, who are 21st in the table, have played 26 games this season, Arter featuring in 13 of them, they’ve now told him he’s not wanted. Of course I’m disappointed in our midfield but doesn’t my first sentence in this message ring a few alarm bells to any club considering taking him on?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Next year we have Bacuna, Vaulks, Ralls and Pack on our books. If we sign Arter we end up having exactly same thread this time next year but with one extra name to complain about.
    I'd have thought most people are expecting a loan deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    The guy just runs for the sake of it, he's 31 now so how long can he carry on playing at this level? He's not a good passer either despite some claims in this thread

We could do better, even his brother in-law didn't fancy keeping him around after Fulham were promoted.
    He can pass better than what the midfielders there at the moment can, which isn't very good at all. Most just hoof it in the general direction of somebody up the field.

Would we typically want better than Arter? Of course.
    Would I take him given that the club seem to be sleep walking through seasons not acknowledging that central midfield is an issue? Yes.

Forest, who are 21st in the table, have played 26 games this season, Arter featuring in 13 of them, they’ve now told him he’s not wanted. Of course I’m disappointed in our midfield but doesn’t my first sentence in this message ring a few alarm bells to any club considering taking him on?
    You talk of Forest like they're a world away from where we are.

They are six places and five points below us.

I can't believe anyone who has watched Cardiff City play this season seriously believes that what this side needs right now is Harry Arter.

Some of you people are nuts.

Better than them now? Or two seasons ago when we last saw him play regularly? As many players learn towards the end of their career, football is a ‘now’ game, not two years ago, even not two years time, current form is nigh on everything. We’ve got excited over the likes of Robbie Fowler and Rickie Lambert, even Steve White the Hereford goal machine, unfortunately Father Time had caught up. A scurrying, all action type such as Arter is exactly the type of player that the years are particularly unkind to unfortunately.

I've seen enough of our midfield and Harry Arter to be confident that he would improve it.

His work rate is head and shoulders above some of our midfield. He is a better passer of the ball.and gets stuck in.

If you think all of our players do that then you can't have seen Bacuna against Barnsley, Ralls today and how bang average Vaulks has been this season.

For some players the club is not a great fit. Forest are hardly pulling up trees this season as a whole.
    How much have you seen Harry Arter play this season? That's the player we would be signing, not the one who played for Bournemouth in the Premier League.

Our midfield is poor, but signing Arter would not improve it.

We're crap and they're still below us in the table, so let's sign a player that they've decided isn't good enough for them.

Genius.

How much have you seen Harry Arter play this season? That's the player we would be signing, not the one who played for Bournemouth in the Premier League.

Our midfield is poor, but signing Arter would not improve it.
    It's all about opinions.

Some people seem to see more in Ralls, Vaulks, Bacuna and Pack than I do. You'd go a long way to find more of an uninspiring quartet at this level.

For what it is worth I don't think we'll go for Arter and I doubt many players would relish coming here at the moment either.

We're crap and they're still below us in the table, so let's sign a player that they've decided isn't good enough for them.

Genius.
    You do realise players can have bad spells at clubs and improve at others.

Have you seen our central midfield this season?

Forest fans most probably feel they are a world away from us the position they’re in. But I’d imagine they’ve shed any tears over Arter being shown the door, he’s done, finished and, in these times of us fans imploring the club to be a bit more financially sensible, he’d be a massive waste of money.

We could do with shipping out 3 of them and only keeping Ralls

You do realise players can have bad spells at clubs and improve at others.

Have you seen our central midfield this season?
    Arter is 31. His career is clearly on a downward trajectory. He's not going to improve.

I've seen almost every game that we've played this season. How much have you seen Arter?